Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

I guess Luke is a little bit too tall on this picture, but hey... he's a Jedi master :S

Unbeknownst to most historians, Mace Windu started down the road of professional golfing before an ankle injury diverted him to defeat the empire:

windueo9.png

Well this isnt really image manipulations but meh ByDaniel.jpg

If something is true that means the opposite is false and if that is true that means the opposite of that is false. So nothing is true or false. So what is this signature true false or nothing or everything? Confused much?

untitled.gif

I have only been using PDN for a couple days now and am still learning a lot of the basics but here is my favorite I have made so far. I ripped this baby from a pic, tried to zombie it up a bit and added some electricity. Don't worry, I will get better. lol

badasszombiebaby.jpg

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau

Good call. I used a pic of caked and cracking mud to shape the texture of the face. It was my first effort since I am still a noob at PDN but pretty much everything I work on is somewhat horror related. Thanks for the compliments. :) Be cool, I remain....

-Boom

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau

Okay, here's my first upload. Because it was black and white the only really hard part was pixilating/sharpening/blurring it in a way would duplicate the photo deterioration/digitization.

hitler2.jpg

hitler3.jpg

Isn't it weird to see him like that? Doesn't he kind of look like Victor Garber?

sig.png

Okay, here's my first upload. Because it was black and white the only really hard part was pixilating/sharpening/blurring it in a way would duplicate the photo deterioration/digitization.

Instead of pixelating, you should add noise and then blur it with a low value between 1-2. It works the best with old pictures.

The upper left on is the original picture, but the sky semed a bit to blue for me, so I was trying with different colors - this was the result:

collage.jpg

matzehsv.jpg

Instead of pixelating, you should add noise and then blur it with a low value between 1-2. It works the best with old pictures.

With the color saturation all the way down, I did that too. But thanks for the tip.

sig.png

I edited this picture of Tricia Helfer, or Six from the Battlestar Galactica series.

th_SixEdit.png

Not bad, I have 1 advice, learn the displacement plugin.

Yeah it would definetly.. um.. fix the text on the.. uhh.. breast. What else am I suppose to say?

I tried a few (simple) image manips of one of the greatest guitarists of all time, ever. In fact, they're so simple they're boring, but if I do anything else to them they become too busy. Any suggestions? I mean, I'll just be using these as myspace avys but hey, might as well make 'em decent, if only for PdN's sake. As a side-note, these are my first ever photo manip attempts. Also note that there's so little done to the pics that in thumbnail form, it looks the same as the original pic. :(

Also...I have no idea how to make deviantART put thumbnailed links...so I'm just going to copy image location, put image tags around it...sorry, if someone could help, it'll make it easier on y'all's eyes, lol.

Slash_Photo_Manip_by_Matoyak.png

I can't decide whether I like text or not,...but I'm only going to post the non-text one.

Slash_Photo_Manip_Brick_Wall_by_Matoyak.png

This one...took less time than the other. Meh. Looks like I took the pic and zoom blurred it. I did not...bleh.

Here's my sources: Source 1

Source 2

EDIT: You could say "Chest area" :P

EDIT EDIT: Well...someone just told me that my maniping these images is illegal, even with citing my sources. Could someone confirm or disprove this for me? :?

MatoyakSignatureSlashedTL.png

Lol, I realized that you posted right before I posted those...no, no they were not. I love GNR, have since my step-dad introduced them to me a long while back. They're what got me into rock n roll, rock, metal, classic rock, etc. Slash is one of the legends that inspired me to pick up guitar, him, Tommy Shaw, and JY Young.

That said, I feel I didn't do the man justice with those photo manips... :(

EDIT EDIT: Well...someone just told me that my maniping these images is illegal, even with citing my sources. Could someone confirm or disprove this for me? :?

Depends. When looking for stock images, you have to make sure that the picture is properly licensed. Specifically, you can only use pictures licensed under Creative Commons, and ones that do not have the No Derivatives attribute. Make sure to look for other attributes of the CC license, such as attribution (citing), share alike (licensing your derivative under the same license), et cetera. All images under copyright can NOT be used.

EDIT: I think this would fall under Image Manipulation.

PolyHand.png

Anatomical reference.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Depends. When looking for stock images, you have to make sure that the picture is properly licensed. Specifically, you can only use pictures licensed under Creative Commons, and ones that do not have the No Derivatives attribute. Make sure to look for other attributes of the CC license, such as attribution (citing), share alike (licensing your derivative under the same license), et cetera. All images under copyright can NOT be used.

How do you know if it is licensed under creative commons, and whether it's copyrighted or not? i always thought that the only copyrighted ones were the ones with the watermarks on 'em.

Also, nice hand.

It's harder to tell on image hosters such as Photobucket or Imageshack. If you can, contacting the owner is the best way. Sites such as Flickr and DeviantArt will have licensing info.

Flickr also has this nifty option to search only within Creative Commons in its Advanced Search.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I edited this picture of Tricia Helfer, or Six from the Battlestar Galactica series.

th_SixEdit.png

Not bad, I have 1 advice, learn the displacement plugin.

Yeah it would definetly.. um.. fix the text on the.. uhh.. breast. What else am I suppose to say?

I usually use the rotate/zoom layer.

And, like this?:

SixEdit2.png

Namor-1.png

Always 100% PDN.

|Gallery|

Namor, this discussion is starting to get akward :P

Diplacement would be hard on, this picture - because the black would mean it drops down, and it isn't a clear gradient. I dunno any other way to explain it. I think I would dup the layer and mess with Curves, and then set that as the map to run the plugin on.

Expired - while I don't think this falls under the Manipulation tab, that picture certainly is awesome.

When I saw that there was a reference I was like... oh no, he just copied the rectangles from the pic to this one- but then I saw that the reference was a real hand - which means your conversion was amazing. Very cool jopb on that - you should go for realistic now (Like Ash with his robot>smudge conversion)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I think what he was saying, Namore, was that the text on her chest does not flow with her body. It looks like it's not on her, it looks like it doesn't mold her shape. Now, I have no idea how to make it do that (some distortion effect...displacement, maybe?) Maybe do something with the individual letters so that they're not all in one ruler-straight line.

That said, it's some interesting make-up you've got 'er in :P

OK, so I tried my hand at photo manip again, using a tut for pencil sketches: http://matoyak.deviantart.com/art/Slash-Pencil-Blur-95356972

Can anyone tell me how y'all do those thumbnails that link to the deviantART page?

Slash_Pencil_Blur_by_Matoyak.png

I found my source using the Flikr "Creative Commons + Images to manipulate" search, so it should be OK for me to manip this. (Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emtec/541547438/ ) This was an attempt to use BoltBait's pencil sketch tut (located here: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24875&st=0&sk=t&sd=a )