Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

Better! Definitely - text rotated in that manner makes it look more realistic - I can't really tell if you used Displacement or not though... :oops: :P - it should be amplified a little more.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Better! Definitely - text rotated in that manner makes it look more realistic - I can't really tell if you used Displacement or not though... :oops: :P - it should be amplified a little more.

Well, I used Rotate/Zoom Layer.

It's easier to manipulate it.

Namor-1.png

Always 100% PDN.

|Gallery|

The diplacement plugin doesn't rotate/zoom - it actually manipulated the text to fit to the shape of its mask. I think you should really take a look at it. Most commonly, I've seen, people use it for text on walls - or tatoos on bodies, like yours.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

The diplacement plugin doesn't rotate/zoom - it actually manipulated the text to fit to the shape of its mask. I think you should really take a look at it. Most commonly, I've seen, people use it for text on walls - or tatoos on bodies, like yours.

Hmm, I've never used Displacement.

I should try it out sometime.

Namor-1.png

Always 100% PDN.

|Gallery|

That's better, but it's still kind-of hard to see that it's ON her...possibly because of the weird perspective, and the unusual placement of the tattoo. Normally, words like that would be straight across the chest (and not on a woman's breasts, either, normally it's higher up) and the fact that it is neither straight up (90 degree angle) nor straight across (180 degree angle) make it hard to see, especially with the camera perspective. Y'know, if you HAVE to have it on her breast, why not have it straight across, curving with 'em? That'd look like it fit the body better, and would be easier to identify as a tattoo. (Course I still say it wouldn't make sense for a woman...hell, anybody to get a tattoo that low on their chest...pain, much?)

EDIT: I tried saying that without sounding too awkward, or coming across as a weirdo (I don't think I am). Did I succeed? :?

MatoyakSignatureSlashedTL.png

That's better, but it's still kind-of hard to see that it's ON her...possibly because of the weird perspective, and the unusual placement of the tattoo. Normally, words like that would be straight across the chest (and not on a woman's breasts, either, normally it's higher up) and the fact that it is neither straight up (90 degree angle) nor straight across (180 degree angle) make it hard to see, especially with the camera perspective. Y'know, if you HAVE to have it on her breast, why not have it straight across, curving with 'em? That'd look like it fit the body better, and would be easier to identify as a tattoo. (Course I still say it wouldn't make sense for a woman...hell, anybody to get a tattoo that low on their chest...pain, much?)

EDIT: I tried saying that without sounding too awkward, or coming across as a weirdo (I don't think I am). Did I succeed? :?

Yeah, I see.

I'll do it tomorrow, I'm all PDN'd out today.

Namor-1.png

Always 100% PDN.

|Gallery|

Yeah, That's what I said, learn the displacement plugin.

See?

2868_dbdee2441c5856a65022336fd6b7a380

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

See?

I see, but does it have to be in the same layer?

I like things in separate layers.

Namor-1.png

Always 100% PDN.

|Gallery|

See?

In this case, displacement is a little bit tricky. At her neck there is a shadow and displacement bends the text wrong. On the displacement mask you have to invert the colour in this area.

Right, how's this:

th_SixEdit4.png

Much better!

_____

The water droplet coming from the leaf looks a bit too solid and opaque - I think it should be a little more transparent (not the layer itself, but the color_.

_____

Good outline job! I see you used the same background pic as your other. You should try to add some kind of shadow or something, because to me it just looks like you pasted the logo onto the background.

New one.

Not sure if it goes here, but I'll just put it here.

I love this:

Firestreet.png

I outline'd it all by myself.

=)

I've seen that photoshop tut before. It's pretty schweet.

And the best part is it's completely PDN.

It's pretty simple.

And yeah, the globe is pretty random.

Namor-1.png

Always 100% PDN.

|Gallery|