Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

ReptiGuy: I don't know, something rounded and sans serif, most likely, to match the style. I'm not exactly the best candidate to give you a matching font, though. :?

MegaNight: look at the dropdown list under the downloader. I think your screen size should be there. :)

Perhaps the planet in the background could be either made brighter or darker, as right now it's at an uncomfortable middle that directs the eye to where the portal and the planet overlap.

MegaNight: look at the dropdown list under the downloader. I think your screen size should be there. :)

Perhaps the planet in the background could be either made brighter or darker, as right now it's at an uncomfortable middle that directs the eye to where the portal and the planet overlap.

Thanks.. What i ment with Photobucket is, that im to cheap to pay to be able to upload in sizes beyond 1024 x 768..

I didn't notice that problem with the planet.. but i'll try something that might make it comfortable.

MegaNight: Perhaps the planet in the background could be either made brighter or darker, as right now it's at an uncomfortable middle that directs the eye to where the portal and the planet overlap.

I Redid some lighting and, darkend the Planet a bit.. Redid the Hud (Green Thing), Removed Text and updated the Logo.

StargateWallpaperTest-3.jpg

Looks a bit Clean and Simple now.. better..

How can I improve this?

2zhnrcy.jpg

Same as above use the feather plugin (Boltbait addon)

Actually.

I don't think it's going to work.

It's saved as .PNG and it's falttened.

So it won't jsut feather that layer, I think.

Not to burst your bubble, but you might need to redo it..

Always save your work as .PND with all the layers not Flattend before you Publish it..

I'm stuck with where to take this image, eg, the shape of the head etc ( I've tried tube oblique and shape 3d). Any ideas or suggestions how to make improvements would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

glassheadresize.png

@welshblue: I found out that to give things depth you should adjust the light and/or morph it so that the texture curves around the object, basicly shape 3d+. If you need any more help pm me, I suggest that you pm me anyway. :)

I'm stuck.

SoraPopout.png

It looks like the render has been just slapped on, what should I do to blend it in some more?

Also, what kind of text should I use? Should I use katakana or just normal letters?

@welshblue: I found out that to give things depth you should adjust the light and/or morph it so that the texture curves around the object, basicly shape 3d+. If you need any more help pm me, I suggest that you pm me anyway. :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply Boude, light and shadows etc is all a learning curve to me. My time on pdn is the only 'artistic' (I use that term loosely) thing I've done since I was in school.

This is as far as I've got on 'Headcase':

glassheadresize2.png

Any advice from peoples how to get the plank lines more subtle again appreciated.

This is all pdn apart from the initial outline of the face.

I'm stuck.

SoraPopout.png

It looks like the render has been just slapped on, what should I do to blend it in some more?

Also, what kind of text should I use? Should I use katakana or just normal letters?

Put some of the fx in the bg over the render.

@welshblue: for the lines gaussin blur and lower opacity and for the light my advise would be to paintbrush and blur on several layers and different amounts, lots of work, but the best way to get it done properly, don't forget to get an alphamask if you are going to do it that way and you might have to get rid of the bevel.

My friend has a band so i wanted to try making a logo design for them its a rock band and i dont know just looks off or somthing i thing the guys im the back are a little dark and you can't see them to much anywho, give me some suggestions or how to fix it!

Thanks!

Waragainstyouselflogo2-1.png

Bigger View!

@ Boude ... "a lot of work", that could be an under - statement :|:) This project is fast becoming the one I've spent the most time on. I've taken your advice and am building up the layers for depth, texture etc. Thanks.

th_glassheadresize55.png

(I think I'm halfway through :? )

@ Kemaru ... I like how you've done that sig, it looks great already, the only way I'd change it is to maybe try a bit of 'Relief' on the background ?

Thanks Kemaru

The wood effect is months of playing around with Drakaan's Wood Tutorial and making a few lil' tweaks to it.

If you'd like a mini-tut PM me and I'll put one together (as can anyone else) ... you'll need the Height Field to Normal Map plug-in.Click If enough people want it I'll put together a tut for the Tutorial section (As the glass one I promised may be some time :roll: ) and I'd like to give something back for all the great tutorials that have helped me over the months

I think my drawing of grapes is getting much closer but there is something off in this picture. I'm not sure what it is. :?:

is it the perspective ? is it the shadows? or the colors? is it something in the composition? if so what should be added?

help

pearontablewithgrapes.png

In my eyes, the something thats off, is that the grapes look flat-ish. Maybe some more work on shadows, and if you look at a real picture of grapes, they are slightly reflective. That could make it look better.

thanks think I've solved the flatness problem. posted update in my gallery.

ciao once again thanks again. another set of eyes is a wonderful thing. :lol::lol::lol: