Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

MegaNight: Perhaps the planet in the background could be either made brighter or darker, as right now it's at an uncomfortable middle that directs the eye to where the portal and the planet overlap.

I Redid some lighting and, darkend the Planet a bit.. Redid the Hud (Green Thing), Removed Text and updated the Logo.

StargateWallpaperTest-3.jpg

Looks a bit Clean and Simple now.. better..

TempSig.png?t=1230693263

--|--

My DeviantArt--|--My Gallery--|--

How can I improve this?

2zhnrcy.jpg

Same as above use the feather plugin (Boltbait addon)

Actually.

I don't think it's going to work.

It's saved as .PNG and it's falttened.

So it won't jsut feather that layer, I think.

Not to burst your bubble, but you might need to redo it..

Always save your work as .PND with all the layers not Flattend before you Publish it..

TempSig.png?t=1230693263

--|--

My DeviantArt--|--My Gallery--|--

@welshblue: I found out that to give things depth you should adjust the light and/or morph it so that the texture curves around the object, basicly shape 3d+. If you need any more help pm me, I suggest that you pm me anyway. :)

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

@welshblue: for the lines gaussin blur and lower opacity and for the light my advise would be to paintbrush and blur on several layers and different amounts, lots of work, but the best way to get it done properly, don't forget to get an alphamask if you are going to do it that way and you might have to get rid of the bevel.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

In my eyes, the something thats off, is that the grapes look flat-ish. Maybe some more work on shadows, and if you look at a real picture of grapes, they are slightly reflective. That could make it look better.

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thanks very much :)

Yeh, the sloping text was a random attempt to draw the reader's eye down the page, and the bloodsplat is a device for flow too, though it still seems a bit stuck. Though I fit also into a gap in the bloodsplat closer to the text, it looks a little better now.

If you think about it, we read from left to right. So, thats sorta you're flow. You want the main concept of the magazine on the left, and others on the right. Maybe a top left to bottom right flow would work better. Just make sure you organise the cover so on first sight the main topic is seen, then the title (should still be at the top), then other random stuff.

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

• 1 month later...

It doesn't quite work because the foreground and background are two different styles. The backgrounds you use are typically stocks, or at least, they appear to be. The foregrounds, however, are line art - type of images.

To make the two genres blend better, I would either incorporate some stock into the foreground, or some line art into the background.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I've had a go at bringing the background's style into the fore as well, but it's kind of tricky, unless it just ends up becoming tomuch of a focal point in itself. Though the background in this case isn't a stock, all PDN, but I understand what you're saying. So maybe if the background were in the same style as the skull, sort of a wierd vector cartoon-y thing?

Hey! My first post woot :twisted:

Ive been browsing these forums but this is the first time i needed to post.

anyway, this image just seems a bit wrong. any suggestions?

In my humble opinion,

The text looks somewhat off, if it was closer together (like Shadow and Kahos both in the top corners) It would look fine.

Some of it could be the photobucket compression... but to me it looks like it needs a little more contrast like it's too grey/bland.

Try Tanel's "Local Contrast Enhancement" plugin and mess with the sliders.

Other than that it looks good. 8)

(Not sure if you have it so I provided link.)

Tanel's Photo and Color Plugins

"Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven"

~John Milton

Hey! My first post woot :twisted:

Ive been browsing these forums but this is the first time i needed to post.

anyway, this image just seems a bit wrong. any suggestions?

hmm... :?: ...

. :idea: :idea:

ID It looks great! You don't need to change much imo :D

It's not that off actually, the text is where it's suppost to be O.o *if you see it's shadow and kayos in the picture, shadow's the main guy so he gets the bigger font, kayos is the smaller guy so he gets the smaller font, and they're where they're suppost to be* The font matches pretty well... but... I can see a problem in this. The "Access Denied" paragraph looks screaming out of place, try changing the font to match the BG, but make it pop out slightly. Like lighter grey or blackish with a soft white/red/black outline? Think that would work? Other then that it's pretty darn good :D

You might want to soften up shadow's arm, it's in Kayos's face :D Shadow's name could be smaller, and I think that would be about it :)

Have fun in whatever you do, and do what you want to :) Rosa Parks did, MLK Jr did, hell, Obama did what he wanted to and look where the USA is now! *ok, that was a bad example...*

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!