Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

Re-reading your info, I see that your band is 'From the Basement'

Therefore, this should have more emphasis than Torngat (sorry, I thought your band was Torn Cat, my bad). In your poster, Torngat is the strongest element. Suggest you reverse position of these and increase size of 'From the Basement', reduce size of Torngat and look to increase the contrast of your band name as it blends a bit too much with the background.

I hope these ideas help.

Po.

heh, Torngat is the main band, we're playing the first part.

I'm working on the poster ATM., according to your suggestions. Will post the result very soon.

and, torn cat. that's pretty gross :lol:

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

Looking good.

Little bit of fine tuning. Suggest you make the date Wednesday the 17 June 2009 bold (and possibly a little bit bigger), and make the rest of the where/when info even smaller, with a noticable gap between them.

(I know Torn Cat is a bit sad, but there are some wierd band names out there. Looking at the font, it still looks a bit like Torn Cat to me :wink: )

Hi pineapple

Don't be afraid of space. Space is your friend. Here is an extract from a design web page

"

Whitespace is often used to create a balanced, harmonious layout. One that just “feels” right. It can also take the reader on a journey through the design in the same way a photographer leaves “looking room” in a portrait shot by positioning the subject off the center of the frame and having them looking into the remaining space"

Don't be in a hurry to fill it, it gives emphasis to the band info at the top.

Your going to hate me for saying this, but I think you should lose the double spacing for the detail stuff. The gap I was talking about was between the date and the details, not between the individual elements of the detail.

Overall I think your poster looks very professional.

Hope the gig is a success.

Po

Can any1 help me out. I attempted an eye but pretty much failed. I dont know what else to do and its already pretty bad. Should I just start over?

I threw the lashes on last 2nd so those are easy to fix.

But the rest is lacking....

help-1.jpg

And yes, if I should restart just say so. i dont think its salvageable.

Can any1 help me out. I attempted an eye but pretty much failed. I dont know what else to do and its already pretty bad. Should I just start over?

I threw the lashes on last 2nd so those are easy to fix.

But the rest is lacking....

th_help-1.jpg

And yes, if I should restart just say so. i dont think its salvageable.

Hmm....I draw the outline shape of the eyes, where the eye balls should be it's hollow/transparent.

A layer below I just use my Eye tut...This will give you more define lines and a more 3d look. IMO.

This can be the result if you haven't seen it already.

http://0-ash-0.deviantart.com/art/Angel ... f-73822838

Good luck.

Edit: Or you can try smudge(didn't have this plugin when I made that piece), that might save your work.

I believe it's possible.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Hi

i have some trouble with a tutorial (unfortunately for photoshop)

this is what i got from it:

Hidden Content:
Gesteinsmaske.jpg

this is where the tutorial can be found:

Link

My problem is nearly at the end of this tutorial: it is said to use a hue about 218, but pdn has only til 180

Has someone got an idea how to imitate this effect? (i've tried some other settings like black&white, etc but it did not work out :( )

thanks for help in advance :wink:

Hi

Hidden Content:
Gesteinsmaske.jpg

Link

My problem is nearly at the end of this tutorial: it is said to use a hue about 218, but pdn has only til 180

Has someone got an idea how to imitate this effect? (i've tried some other settings like black&white, etc but it did not work out :( )

Adjusting the hue, all depends on your starting color.

From the looks of the PS tut, adjust the hue to bluish.

Thanks for the wood look tip Welshblue.

I have been trying to create a fantasy scene. I can see that it isn't right, but I am not sure what I need to fix. Unfortunately I should have started with a higher resolution, but can't change that now. I think my problems relate to the body and head of the dragon. Any ideas?

dragon.jpg

Hi

Hidden Content:
Gesteinsmaske.jpg

Link

Adjusting the hue, all depends on your starting color.

From the looks of the PS tut, adjust the hue to bluish.

[/size]

Yeah, ash put a good point. I have photoshop CS4 extended. They put their hue from 1-255. Paint.NET has it from 1-180. So 218 is a blueish color, so, if you want to do it mathmatically. find what percent 218 is of 255 and then find X% of 180 :P so if 218 is 10% of 255, then you would find 90% of 180 (100% minus 10% = 90%...)

If you want to do it the easy way. Try saving the picture file from the tut and using color picker :D Or just find a blueish color like in the tut XD

-Jayed

PS- the sizing thing for the text posting formater on here is like messed up ._.

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

No need for percentages. Just divide the given PS value by the max PS value and multiply by the max PDN value. So, just do (218/255)*180 and you'll get the PDN value.

To save the hassle of doing this a lot of times for so many different values, i just made a spreadsheet where i can just plug the numbers in and it'll just update the cell to show the PDN value. And vice versa. :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Are we on to another image now? If so, I'd like some feedback on my newest space wallpaper. I'm fairly happy with it about now, but if anyone has any advice, this is the time to let me know.

Hidden Content:
t_almostdonem_8e8d872.jpg

Are we on to another image now? If so, I'd like some feedback on my newest space wallpaper. I'm fairly happy with it about now, but if anyone has any advice, this is the time to let me know.

Hidden Content:

I see at least 5 black dots being there for no reason, I can point them out to you if you can't see em.

The shine from the 2 stars on the right and 2 on the left side a bit too uniform, IMO. It doesn't always look like cross and all at the same angle, you know...

Other than that, one of the best space scenes done in PDN, lovely.

Hidden Content:

I see at least 5 black dots being there for no reason, I can point them out to you if you can't see em.

The shine from the 2 stars on the right and 2 on the left side a bit too uniform, IMO. It doesn't always look like cross and all at the same angle, you know...

Other than that, one of the best space scenes done in PDN, lovely.