Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

I agree, it looks better than before. However, the tree looks somewhat awkward in my opinion, the branches area looks quite too short and wide, maybe extending it up a little? Maybe even have it breaking out of the sig's boundaries, since you still have 30 pixels of height to add on before reaching the limit. Other than that, I like it!

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

background1.png

My background for comp, but cant think of anything else for it :(

anybody know any good background effects that arent to boring? i want the effect that the big daddy has things that sort of stick out from him, like everything is grey but the light, the blood etc

any ideas?

Sorry I skipped over you before. Any who, I think you could try and add some color using :Curves:. I'm not entirely sure if that would work. Or you could try and add some :Glow: to the main guy and then use color filer with the perverse highlights all the way up making color the glow itself.

Just ideas.

That image has been used somewhere before, hasn't it?

For a sig, I suggest cutting out different elements of the picture and rearranging them (like I did with mine) So that they fit well together, and it doesn't just look like you cropped a part to sig size.

Also - if you're looking to make into a Photoshop like sig or tag, then you're going to want to go here - tHs might be able to give you some help as well.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

This isn't directed at just aeonix, I've seen some other people do this too:

When you take an image you like, and you want to do something with it, you MUST check the licensing first. The image that you chose, aeonix, is copyrighted. Taking a copyrighted image and making derivatives is technically illegal, unless you obtain the creator's consent.

Several exclusive rights typically attach to the holder of a copyright:

* to produce copies or reproductions of the work and to sell those copies (mechanical rights; including, sometimes, electronic copies: distribution rights)

* to import or export the work

* to create derivative works (works that adapt the original work)

* to perform or display the work publicly (performance rights)

* to sell or assign these rights to others

* to transmit or display by radio or video (broadcasting rights)

The phrase "exclusive right" means that only the copyright holder is free to exercise those rights, and others are prohibited from using the work without the holders permission.

That's why, when searching for stocks, you should only be looking for pictures licensed under Creative Commons, and pay special attention to the type of CC license, because some do not allow derivatives.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

This isn't directed at just aeonix, I've seen some other people do this too:

When you take an image you like, and you want to do something with it, you MUST check the licensing first. The image that you chose, aeonix, is copyrighted. Taking a copyrighted image and making derivatives is technically illegal, unless you obtain the creator's consent.

Several exclusive rights typically attach to the holder of a copyright:

* to produce copies or reproductions of the work and to sell those copies (mechanical rights; including, sometimes, electronic copies: distribution rights)

* to import or export the work

* to create derivative works (works that adapt the original work)

* to perform or display the work publicly (performance rights)

* to sell or assign these rights to others

* to transmit or display by radio or video (broadcasting rights)

The phrase "exclusive right" means that only the copyright holder is free to exercise those rights, and others are prohibited from using the work without the holders permission.

That's why, when searching for stocks, you should only be looking for pictures licensed under Creative Commons, and pay special attention to the type of CC license, because some do not allow derivatives.

Oops... :oops:

Hadn't thought about that. My current signature is in definite violation.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

• 2 weeks later...