Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

I feel like this signature is missing something. Does anyone have any ideas for what I could add in?

2921795335_4074f39d93_o.jpg

IMO maybe you can try darkening the borders with a gradient and and some glow effect to the texts.

and btw nice use of tiles, gradient bars, twist and water effect. i like how the shading of the bars turned out. :D

Darkening the borders would make it look worse. In my opinion, the whole piece is too dark. I would suggest that you brighten it up a little bit. Also, try adding a render in there, it is currently vary blank.

my first planet / space scene. what's the next thing I need. and point me to the good tuts please.

so far its 100% paint.net texture

myfirstplanet.png

add a shadow and an outer glow to it ;)

I feel like this signature is missing something. Does anyone have any ideas for what I could add in?

2921795335_4074f39d93_o.jpg

I think what you have here is a great background, but you need something to focus on. IMHO, you should take the text, enlarge it, maybe use a more eye-catching font, and add some cool effects. Something on the order of the "pyrosig" might be nice: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21646

ShK_828:

Feather plugin.

Border....And you should probably define the text so it doesn't blend in to the background.

Some feathering, :AlphaChannel: gradients and color adjustments should do the job.

dAspaceID.png

Any ideas? I thought of adding a few more planets, a few bigger stars and some more of that weird space dust, but I wanted to hear your opinion first. (I know the earth looks poor. :()

@ kemaru: perhaps you should add clouds to the earth? If you're going for realism that could help. I really like the starry background and the galaxy you put at the top.

@tHs: maybe some more stuff on the sides? it looks sort of empty there.

tHs: I would suggest getting rid of the current side-thingies altogether, and substituting a chrome-ized 'suspension frame' type thing, like the Golden Gate Bridge only in chrome. Actually, that's not a very good way of putting it, but I can't come up with any better ways. You get what I mean?

tHs: You've got some aliasing issues that need to be taken care of. I can see you tried blurring/feathering the left side, but that's not good enough man! :) You're certainly expanding in the 100% PDN field of graphics, keep it up.

And that's all PDN? Wow- you've gotten even better than before!

The gradient cut off is a bit strange, though the branches coming out of the frame look very good. I would add some background effects - such as leaves or a light source. Some distant lands like in your other WIP would also add some great depth.

Thanks!

worldtreesig-1.png

is this better?

I: moved the view to get more of the planets, and added some distant hills. I blurred them a bit to add some depth of field, and made one sort of transparent. I also redid the gradient so it didn't end suddenly.

Better! Yes! I still insist on a more defined light source such as the one you showed in your gallery.

Great job girl ( :P )

*I've always assumed everyone on this forum except for people that specify are males, I guess you learn something new every day)

like this?

worldtreesig-2.png

I actually used the shine from the one in my gallery, with some curves+, to concentrate the shine, so it wouldn't seem like just ambient light.

*actually, so have I. heh.

Yes, though by itself I couldn't see much difference, when I lined it up with the previous version I could see what you mean. I like this newer one better, though there's just something unfinished about it...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think this could be the final deal. If you stopped here, I would accept it as an excellent signature. Adding some text and a border might be nice, but other than that I think it's good.

tHs: You've got some aliasing issues that need to be taken care of. I can see you tried blurring/feathering the left side, but that's not good enough man! :) You're certainly expanding in the 100% PDN field of graphics, keep it up.

Well I am working on a laptop thats not even mine. Its 4 years old. The trackpad is very slow and annoying. +I did it in a moving car during a 12 hour drive.

I'll work on it when I get back to florida and I can work on my desktop. Then I can steady the :AlphaChannel:gradients. The only thing I had to access was feather. :P

Thanks for the compliments though.