Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

here is what I got now, showed it to my bro, and some of my friends..

they all commented "Its too.....plain"

-_-

Edit: did some minor adjustments...and uploaded the 800x600 version... so those who have slower connection still can view the image and give suggestions! =D

naaruoh1.th.png

Sorry if i posted too close to the person above

I just down loaded paint last night and i played around with it a little. Im trying to make a nice welcome banner for a forum i administer. The forum is a salt water aquarium forum so the design has to be reef/saltwater related.

I did this pretty quickly but ive looked around on this site and have seen some of the great work people have done here.

welcome7qs0.gif

Anyone want to give me some ideas and/or point me to some threads on here so i can make something a little more catchy? Im not really looking for anything with a lot of bling, just something original and classy.

I think im going to change the font to something a little more stright forward and i think maybe a shadow on the letters would be nice. I dont have any plugins so i dont know if a shadow can be done with what i have. Open to any ideas.

Thanks

Need help >< What should i do with this Desktop?

I wana make it look more stylish.

And i have everything on a different layer.

projectdesktopox0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Stylish? How so? I actually really like it the way it is.

Thanks, but i would love to make it better.

Need help >< What should i do with this Desktop?

I wana make it look more stylish.

And i have everything on a different layer.

projectdesktopox0.th.jpgthpix.gif

I'd lower the opacity of the light rays. They stand out a bit too much IMO.

This is what i get after i lower the opacity, i also increased it's contrast alittle so it wont look so blurry

reprojectdesktopvp7.th.jpgthpix.gif

techicolorsiguw3.png

L i f e I s C o l o r f u l

@zzz92: I think you should add one brush more, but don't blend it in. Instead, make it stand out a little. You can do this easily by changing it's color. Try using :Curves: if you know how.

Hmm what do you mean by brush?[ Sry kinda noob ] And yea i noe how yo use :Curves: but i mostly use :Curves:+ cos it has more effects to it

techicolorsiguw3.png

@zzz92: I think you should add one brush more, but don't blend it in. Instead, make it stand out a little. You can do this easily by changing it's color. Try using :Curves: if you know how.

Hmm what do you mean by brush?[ Sry kinda noob ] And yea i noe how yo use :Curves: but i mostly use :Curves:+ cos it has more effects to it

I mean those floral ornament thingies.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I feel like this signature is missing something. Does anyone have any ideas for what I could add in?

2921795335_4074f39d93_o.jpg

IMO maybe you can try darkening the borders with a gradient and and some glow effect to the texts.

and btw nice use of tiles, gradient bars, twist and water effect. i like how the shading of the bars turned out. :D

techicolorsiguw3.png

I feel like this signature is missing something. Does anyone have any ideas for what I could add in?

IMO maybe you can try darkening the borders with a gradient and and some glow effect to the texts.

and btw nice use of tiles, gradient bars, twist and water effect. i like how the shading of the bars turned out. :D

Darkening the borders would make it look worse. In my opinion, the whole piece is too dark. I would suggest that you brighten it up a little bit. Also, try adding a render in there, it is currently vary blank.

I think what you have here is a great background, but you need something to focus on. IMHO, you should take the text, enlarge it, maybe use a more eye-catching font, and add some cool effects. Something on the order of the "pyrosig" might be nice: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21646

Photobucket Sucks!

• 2 weeks later...