Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

@ Survulus ... I think you've done a class job on that. Especially the console banner.

The only thing that doesn't look right (to me ) is the sloping text ... Saints Row etc, apart from that awesome job.

Thanks very much :)

Yeh, the sloping text was a random attempt to draw the reader's eye down the page, and the bloodsplat is a device for flow too, though it still seems a bit stuck. Though I fit also into a gap in the bloodsplat closer to the text, it looks a little better now.

If you think about it, we read from left to right. So, thats sorta you're flow. You want the main concept of the magazine on the left, and others on the right. Maybe a top left to bottom right flow would work better. Just make sure you organise the cover so on first sight the main topic is seen, then the title (should still be at the top), then other random stuff.

I'm having trouble again- my signature and avatar- the background is off, I know it is, I've tried 6 different backgrounds and it's starting to drive me up the wall. Any help? :P

It doesn't quite work because the foreground and background are two different styles. The backgrounds you use are typically stocks, or at least, they appear to be. The foregrounds, however, are line art - type of images.

To make the two genres blend better, I would either incorporate some stock into the foreground, or some line art into the background.

I've had a go at bringing the background's style into the fore as well, but it's kind of tricky, unless it just ends up becoming tomuch of a focal point in itself. Though the background in this case isn't a stock, all PDN, but I understand what you're saying. So maybe if the background were in the same style as the skull, sort of a wierd vector cartoon-y thing?

Hey! My first post woot :twisted:

Ive been browsing these forums but this is the first time i needed to post.

anyway, this image just seems a bit wrong. any suggestions?

In my humble opinion,

The text looks somewhat off, if it was closer together (like Shadow and Kahos both in the top corners) It would look fine.

Some of it could be the photobucket compression... but to me it looks like it needs a little more contrast like it's too grey/bland.

Try Tanel's "Local Contrast Enhancement" plugin and mess with the sliders.

Other than that it looks good. 8)

(Not sure if you have it so I provided link.)

Tanel's Photo and Color Plugins

Hey! My first post woot :twisted:

Ive been browsing these forums but this is the first time i needed to post.

anyway, this image just seems a bit wrong. any suggestions?

hmm... :?: ...

. :idea: :idea:

ID It looks great! You don't need to change much imo :D

It's not that off actually, the text is where it's suppost to be O.o *if you see it's shadow and kayos in the picture, shadow's the main guy so he gets the bigger font, kayos is the smaller guy so he gets the smaller font, and they're where they're suppost to be* The font matches pretty well... but... I can see a problem in this. The "Access Denied" paragraph looks screaming out of place, try changing the font to match the BG, but make it pop out slightly. Like lighter grey or blackish with a soft white/red/black outline? Think that would work? Other then that it's pretty darn good :D

You might want to soften up shadow's arm, it's in Kayos's face :D Shadow's name could be smaller, and I think that would be about it :)

Have fun in whatever you do, and do what you want to :) Rosa Parks did, MLK Jr did, hell, Obama did what he wanted to and look where the USA is now! *ok, that was a bad example...*

@ Survulus, try some grey paint-looking brushes on the background. Like, splatter it on there. Should help to give it the flow, or you could just blur it to hell and that'll give it flow. Course I wouldnt know much about magazine covers....

very early WIP (work in progress), I was just thinking if any of you guys had any brilliant idea's, any idea's would be appreciated.

th_projectauto.jpg

Boude, that, imo, is gonna turn out really cool!

Hmm. I don't really like the gradient, maybe making it more angled (corner2corner) will help.

Maybe put a soft gray slash across the canvas too to give it something else to look at. I'm not sure what you're trying to acchieve, but just experiment.

The gradient was just to get a background, when I finish it I'll make a real background. by the way the black is the doodle and the white was made with the line tool.

I am not very good at making myself cool sig / avatars (last time i tryed to make it... the outcome was.. worse than ****) so mayby some profesional guy can help me upg my avatar/sig to make it look nicer and teach me how to do it ? Of corse i am giving pdn files to start with..... Its just i mainly know what i want to get but dont know how to do it so i experiment... but........ hehe Any 1?

//uhh.... its more than half way done... it just need to be finished/blended or something like that...

i am talking about this:

tanarottesignasmall.png

the "girl" should be more.. hymm u know like a part of the sign.... becouse as u can clearly see she doeasnt fit.. i mean its obvious that she was just pasted on the background... and i want to change that... for example :

Hidden Content:
Hitmanavatar.jpg

hayatesig-2.jpg

shanasig-2.jpg

-and mayby some custom effect that would make my sig look better [ i tryed to experiment but... its hopeless]

and this:

24808197.png

i want this avatar to look similar to my sign... [ i have no ideas atm how to do it.]

uhhh.. i dont really know how can i explain my problem further...

[Contact]

Hidden Content:
xfire:xeo609

or msn xeo_reload(at)wp.eu

if possible :P

[PDN files in PW only]

@Divines

Well, you started out with a blue background as compared to your render that's red (-ish). This creates a little aesthetic conflict. It doesn't look right. Maybe if you also make other layers with your render pasted in and blur it/frosted glass/zoom/[insert other effects here]? I, myself, am having trouble with my render. It looks out of place. It's like "Ooooo, splatter, splatter! Wait, a pair of cats? What the hell?"

Any help? Thanks, guys.

render3png.png

@Meowmeowi I know that it would be hella easier if the bg was red or the girl was main blue etc.... but it wasnt meant to be easy, i has to be beautiful...... besides ... look at the hitman example.. hes black clothes and bald and thoes fires /effect are so well made that it really fits isnt it ? the hitman guy doesnt look like a part of other image.... and i bet it would be hella easier to make hitman sign using black clous/fires ...

besides i am kinda gfx noob.... ill tell u how i work....:

I render some fractals [random totaly] i add some lines, dots, sphares, clouds... other crazy things ..... then i run totaly random effects... and once after 1000 times the effect look cool. . . . . in other words.. even the sig background was made by accidental usage of effects.... i do not really know what am i doing xD Thats why i need a step by step tutorial how could i make my sig look coooler and the girl to fitt a litter more . . . . .thats why i am here xD

@Meowmeow i addedd some Random effects and i anded with that: (in few color variations xD)

Hidden Content:
render3png.png

render3pn2g.png

render3pn3g.png

from my opinion it looks a little better xD

Btw i made some few variation of signs... there they are:

Hidden Content:
tanarottemegablue.png

tanarottodarkbg.png

tanarottobggreen.png

tanarottonobg.png

suggestions any 1? i tryed as hard as i could to make them fit nicely to the background like in the previous examples but it still doesnt work :( Any help ?

I have an issue thats been driving me crazy. I have a PDN made animated sig in gif format that has white blotches where it should be transparent, apparently a .gif thing. I found a converter to change it to apng but Photobucket and other forums that I have tried support that format. Is there another format I can convert to so this anomaly will be gone ?

Here's what I'm talking about.

FCNeon300x50.gif

I have an issue thats been driving me crazy. I have a PDN made animated sig in gif format that has white blotches where it should be transparent, apparently a .gif thing. I found a converter to change it to apng but Photobucket and other forums that I have tried support that format. Is there another format I can convert to so this anomaly will be gone ?

Here's what I'm talking about.

FCNeon300x50.gif

Unless you want to pay big bucks for a .png animator that I'm only half sure even exists... You'll have to go flash to get rid of the white, Good luck learning how to do flash :D Otherwise what you would need to do is make a selective 256 color pallet and use your sig with that, .gif only supports 16 bit transparancy :D -.-" So you'll need to make it work with 16 bit

-Jayed

@Meowmeowi I know that it would be hella easier if the bg was red or the girl was main blue etc.... but it wasnt meant to be easy, i has to be beautiful...... besides ... look at the hitman example.. hes black clothes and bald and thoes fires /effect are so well made that it really fits isnt it ? the hitman guy doesnt look like a part of other image.... and i bet it would be hella easier to make hitman sign using black clous/fires ...

besides i am kinda gfx noob.... ill tell u how i work....:

I render some fractals [random totaly] i add some lines, dots, sphares, clouds... other crazy things ..... then i run totaly random effects... and once after 1000 times the effect look cool. . . . . in other words.. even the sig background was made by accidental usage of effects.... i do not really know what am i doing xD Thats why i need a step by step tutorial how could i make my sig look coooler and the girl to fitt a litter more . . . . .thats why i am here xD

@Meowmeow i addedd some Random effects and i anded with that: (in few color variations xD)

Hidden Content:
render3png.png

render3pn2g.png

render3pn3g.png

from my opinion it looks a little better xD

Btw i made some few variation of signs... there they are:

Hidden Content:
tanarottemegablue.png

tanarottodarkbg.png

tanarottobggreen.png

tanarottonobg.png

suggestions any 1? i tryed as hard as i could to make them fit nicely to the background like in the previous examples but it still doesnt work :( Any help ?

What I'd do is take the BG and:...

1. Duplicate Background (render must ALWAYS be seperated from BG)

2. Take both layers and make Black and White

3. Take both layers and use curves to make a cool red color

4. Take the upper layer and put it over the render, and the lower one below the render

5. Run noise or something else on the upper one, run motion blur or another affect on upper layer

6. Take your color pallet click "more" and put transparancy down to 4

7. Take your erraser and erase until you can see your render the way you want to see it

8. Change your layer's color mode to something interesting *negation and darken are persional favs*

9. If you don't like it keep playing :) Always know your effects. I reccomend getting a couple C4Ds, about 5 plugin packs *boldbait... pryo's... madjik's... are my fav :D most bang for buck*

10. Never stop having fun

:?:

I'm still learning to draw contrary to what everyone might think.

I'm happy with this little bunny so far excecpt for

bunnyinthehospital.jpg

someone please help me out. I can't figure out how to do these parts. they look rather lame compared to the rest of the little critter.

ciao OMA

Oma, for the nose, keep the same principle as you did for the eye. Add a little bit of black or a darker brown. The best thing to do is look at some more pictures of rabbits. It doesn't matter which way they'll be facing, just focus on the nose. For the "sad-looking" foot, just make it furrier and make it slight darker because it's farther away. To tell you the truth, I think it looks good. :wink: