Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

I see at least 5 black dots being there for no reason, I can point them out to you if you can't see em.

I can't tell, my screens too dirty. :oops:

The shine from the 2 stars on the right and 2 on the left side a bit too uniform, IMO. It doesn't always look like cross and all at the same angle, you know...

I can add some variety there, so it doesn't look like a cut and paste job. Thanks Ash!

I see at least 5 black dots being there for no reason, I can point them out to you if you can't see em.

I can't tell, my screens too dirty. :oops:

The shine from the 2 stars on the right and 2 on the left side a bit too uniform, IMO. It doesn't always look like cross and all at the same angle, you know...

I can add some variety there, so it doesn't look like a cut and paste job. Thanks Ash!

• 2 weeks later...
Are we on to another image now? If so, I'd like some feedback on my newest space wallpaper. I'm fairly happy with it about now, but if anyone has any advice, this is the time to let me know.

Hidden Content:
t_almostdonem_8e8d872.jpg

Very nice piece of artwork...I have just a few things to say.

~you need stars in the top left corner and on the bottom...unless there is a reason you left those places black. I'm thinking it has something to do with the nebula. Maybe you could just add some noise with the coverage at a low setting.

~The quality of the picture of the nebula is much lower than the quality of the planets. I'm guessing you took the nebula from a different picture and pasted it on yours. If you still have the picture separated into layers, try shrinking just the nebula so that the details look like details and not small fuzzy splotches on your picture.

I hope I'm actually helpful and not the noob I called myself :D

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Are we on to another image now? If so, I'd like some feedback on my newest space wallpaper. I'm fairly happy with it about now, but if anyone has any advice, this is the time to let me know.

Hidden Content:
t_almostdonem_8e8d872.jpg

Very nice piece of artwork...I have just a few things to say.

~you need stars in the top left corner and on the bottom...unless there is a reason you left those places black. I'm thinking it has something to do with the nebula. Maybe you could just add some noise with the coverage at a low setting.

~The quality of the picture of the nebula is much lower than the quality of the planets. I'm guessing you took the nebula from a different picture and pasted it on yours. If you still have the picture separated into layers, try shrinking just the nebula so that the details look like details and not small fuzzy splotches on your picture.

I hope I'm actually helpful and not the noob I called myself :D

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

i really think u got a gr8 spacescape i was working on 1 of mine when i looked at yours and mine now feels like it looks like bloody potato xD! anyways, i was trying to create a stone to put in a field but it kinda looks off and i didnt like how it looked alone so i made u a gradient bg..help D:

stonex.jpg

i really think u got a gr8 spacescape i was working on 1 of mine when i looked at yours and mine now feels like it looks like bloody potato xD! anyways, i was trying to create a stone to put in a field but it kinda looks off and i didnt like how it looked alone so i made u a gradient bg..help D:

stonex.jpg

stonex.jpg

it isn't THAT bad...

~the top edge is a little too dark...maybe you should try to remove the small strip of total blackness that goes...all the way around the rock?

~on the bottom, the dimly lit portion should be darker. If this is an asteroid, stars don't emit enough light to get something to be that bright.

~Put a few bulges on the lighted portions of your asteroid...that will help make the top look a little less like a flat slab of rock

btw...nice rock! how did you make the texture?

stonex.jpg

it isn't THAT bad...

~the top edge is a little too dark...maybe you should try to remove the small strip of total blackness that goes...all the way around the rock?

~on the bottom, the dimly lit portion should be darker. If this is an asteroid, stars don't emit enough light to get something to be that bright.

~Put a few bulges on the lighted portions of your asteroid...that will help make the top look a little less like a flat slab of rock

btw...nice rock! how did you make the texture?

i drew a basic shape of a rock, then duplicated it and gave it shading in greyscale and blurred it, then did rendered flames then embossed it and set the layer to multiply i think and i had a lower opacity scratch texture inbetween from a brush

the dark outline around it is only there cuz i thought the rock looked kinda cut out =\

maybe bulges will help make it less cut out thx xP

i drew a basic shape of a rock, then duplicated it and gave it shading in greyscale and blurred it, then did rendered flames then embossed it and set the layer to multiply i think and i had a lower opacity scratch texture inbetween from a brush

the dark outline around it is only there cuz i thought the rock looked kinda cut out =\

maybe bulges will help make it less cut out thx xP

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, I'm trying to make my first signature and well... I'm not sure where to go from here. Any and all tips are appreciated. Well thanks in advance.

mysig.png

I'm thinking you could vary the background behind each gutarist (psychedelic for Jimi, etc).

The text needs a little something, regardless...it looks out-of-place...

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Hey guys, I'm trying to make my first signature and well... I'm not sure where to go from here. Any and all tips are appreciated. Well thanks in advance.

mysig.png

I'm thinking you could vary the background behind each gutarist (psychedelic for Jimi, etc).

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

mysig.png

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

mysig.png

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Well I have a question for the nearly finished picture below. I see some booboo's an I'm not sure how they got there...it's what I get for working on it at 4AM. >.> Anyway, in a stupid rush I saved it, with the images flattened instead of saving it in PDN. I was wondering if there was anyway to make the mistakes less noticeable or in a farce to make the picture have some...'character'

Also, can you give your honest opinion on it, maybe a hint as where to go with the 'Road Sign'. I already know I'd like to add a few old tut's to it, the bullet hole/shattered tut's, but I'm stuck on what else to do with it, like would adding blood or a 'dead animal' be too much.

Oh, an yes I used clouds because the 'Rust' tut wasn't working, for some reason, the 'fire' plugin just didn't look right for what ever reason.

The picture in question.

wasteland1.th.png

Well I have a question for the nearly finished picture below. I see some booboo's an I'm not sure how they got there...it's what I get for working on it at 4AM. >.> Anyway, in a stupid rush I saved it, with the images flattened instead of saving it in PDN. I was wondering if there was anyway to make the mistakes less noticeable or in a farce to make the picture have some...'character'

Also, can you give your honest opinion on it, maybe a hint as where to go with the 'Road Sign'. I already know I'd like to add a few old tut's to it, the bullet hole/shattered tut's, but I'm stuck on what else to do with it, like would adding blood or a 'dead animal' be too much.

Oh, an yes I used clouds because the 'Rust' tut wasn't working, for some reason, the 'fire' plugin just didn't look right for what ever reason.

The picture in question.

wasteland1.th.png

The picture in question.

wasteland1.th.png

The picture in question.

wasteland1.th.png

Well, the clouds didn't really give the "rust"-sorta feeling on the roadsign. I suggest some frosted glass, or noise. Plus, the roadsign shouldn't be so transpararent.

The water and cliff look good, except it needs a little more depth, so I think adding a few shadows where the cliff and water meet would give it that last touch. It looks good though. There's not that much work to be done to have your finished product.

label.png

WARNING: May scratch, bite, or do any sort of feisty action. Beware.