Paint.NET is getting noticed!

Yeah, my mouse immediately drifted toward the Edit button, but I figured you're a responsible chap who, once the error was noticed, would take swift steps to rectify it, and I decided not to step on your toes like that.

Seems I was right about you. :P

Somewhat on-topic, I love how the translator translates the title for the Clone Stamp example:

"Improve your photographs of holidays: To drive out the intruder".

Classic.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 2 weeks later...

Yays for PDN!

Here's a quote from the CNET Download.com newsletter:

Photo management tools

Behold, the most popular photo management tools for the week ending August 12.

1. Paint.NET - Edit and enhance photos using advanced features found in professional software. With layers, effects, and a slew of other editing tools, this is a freeware gem indeed.

2. FastStone Image Viewer - This simple but powerful image browser, converter, and editor can handle all your image editing needs.

3. Picasa - An all-in-one digital photo application, Picasa scans your computer and digital cameras for images and organizes pictures into chronologically sorted albums.

4. Webshots Desktop - Managing and sharing your digital photos is easy with Webshots Desktop, which also explores other members' pictures, and lets you choose album photos for your screensavers and wallpaper.

5. Ulead CD & DVD Picture Show - The family favorite helps you turn your digital photos into professional DVD or CD slide shows dolled up with music and effects.

PDN=#1!

EDIT: Wow, we beat Picasa, a Google product!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Yays for PDN!

Here's a quote from the CNET Download.com newsletter:

PDN=#1!

Hey uH, can you forward me that e-mail?

As for money ... haha yeah, sure, for $1 BILLION, I'd sell out.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hey uH, can you forward me that e-mail?

Forwarding...

As for money ... haha yeah, sure, for $1 BILLION, I'd sell out.

I'd sell for $10,00 :)

On an unrelated note, it feels kinda cool for Rick to call me "uH" :D

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

If I were Rick, I wouldn't sell it at all, because Google makes everything worse then. YouTube is rubbish now that before Google bought it, and they only do it for the money. They'd probably throw some annoying thing meaning you have to pay $500 pounds to be able to export your image and rubbish like that.

Anyways, on the brighter side, PDN FTW! It's glad to see that PDN is kicking all the other free image editors around and teaching them who's boss.

The new UI sucks, it's annoying when it's tells you who else is watching a vid, and then also I found out that the 10 minute rule is now inclusive of everyone, not just normal users.

That's why it sucks. Oh and there's hardly any 3rd Party material on there anymore, which sucks aswell.

Haha yeah but for $1 billion ... you seem to be missing the power that kind of money would have, as well as the complete impossibility of that even happening outside of some kind of a movie or book or something :)

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Youtube= 2 guys + great idea.

Paint.NET= 2 guys (Rick & Tom) + great idea.

So, if Youtube=1.3 billion dollar, then 1.3 billion dollar=Youtube=2 guys + great idea! So, PDN=1.3 billiin :D

Wow Aron, what version is that screenshot showing? Nice find nonetheless, shows how international PDN is :D.

Another mention in WebUser (Issue 167)

Next issue will include 'fantastic free software' so hopefully PDN will get a more focused spotlight that time around. I will copy up anything worth mentioning here as soon as.

We've been downgraded, there was time when PDN was the free Photoshop alternative, now PDN is just a Photoshop Elements alternative. And, it wasn't exactly the longest write up they've done on PDN.

I personally think Paint.NET is very popular. With over 60,000 registered users here on the forums, it seems popular. I personally found out about it when I ran a Web search on "free photo editing software" and it was the first or second result! I have a Photobucket album designed for all the pics I make. Personally, nothing has dampened my spirits about Paint.NET! Thank you Rick Brewster!!!!!!!

Ipoduserbar.png

I personally think Paint.NET is very popular. With over 60,000 registered users here on the forums, it seems popular. I personally found out about it when I ran a Web search on "free photo editing software" and it was the first or second result! I have a Photobucket album designed for all the pics I make. Personally, nothing has dampened my spirits about Paint.NET! Thank you Rick Brewster!!!!!!!

Thanks! Although,

Our users have posted a total of 75110 articles

We have 6925 registered users

Not quite 60,000 users. But still :) ...

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

The only thing that would turn me away from this program would it becoming outrageously priced like Fireworks, Paint Shop, and the other various programs out there. I love the free factor. I refer my friends to it just for simple photo editing, and I am leaning all the cool stuff I can create. This is by far the most used program (second to my internet) on my computer.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm pretty sure Rick has no plans to charge a penny for Paint.NET. :-)

Of which I am just as glad...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.