Paint.NET is getting noticed!

It seems like we have a tough competition... $2.500 (x3) Is a lot of money... Well, that's relative, because it is 1,860.58 in euro's... I'd still like to have it tho :D New computer, lotsa games :twisted:

Just to let you know, I don't think Jeff Atwood (the blog guy) will just count what application had been quoted the most.

BTW, I think Paint.NET is not the good candidate to win this money. Rick (& Tom & ...) is not accepting other developers, he is a established programmer in a Fortune 500 company, working on a brand new and growing technology, so giving him money to work on Paint.NET will not be valuable: it adds pressure he doesn't need.

Well, as a reward, though, why not, but I think it's not the point.

Rick, if you want to contradict me, don't wait :P

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

If anyone remebers that video I posted a little while ago, where that one person had no idea how to use the red eye tool, look what kind of an impact that had.

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-973 ... tag=blog.5

If you scroll down to the 4th paragraph, it says how paint.net has a weak red eye tool, and links to that video. You see what happens when the people who review software have no idea what they're doing!

EDIT: Oh wait. I just realized that its the same person who wrote that as the person who did the video.

I'm still alive!

Someone really needs to straighten that lady out so she stops spreading lies.

One, she wasn't using it correctly. Just like every other selection-based raster image editor, anything outside of an active selection is ignored.

Two, in all the years I've been creating and editing images, I have *never* used any red-eye removal tool, so, unless a close family member has photographic-red eyes, it's not really a deal-breaker.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

^ Wanna bet?

Well, I suppose you could install rockets into the Earth to slow its rotation, but in order to lengthen the seasons to match, you'd have to either slow the Earth's revolution around the sun or push it further out so the path around the sun is longer.

Slowing the rotation of the Earth will lesen the tangential velocity of all objects on the Earth while leaving gravity due to planetary mass unchanged, thereby increasing the perceived weight of all objects. Pushing the Earth out will make us all freeze to square!

So sure. I'll bet.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Was this any of you guys?

Somebody said on the bloody potato ladys artical:

In this article and the video in which you demonstrated Paint.NET, misrepresented the capabilities of the red-eye removal tool. Y'know that red halo around the eye after you used the tool? Well, here's the thing. Did you notice how the halo EXACTLY followed the edge of what you had selected at the time of using the tool. Amazing, yeah? You need to select the ENTIRE eye to remove the red from it! If the entire eye is not selected, the tool ignores any pixels outside of the selection. Try again, using the tool CORRECTLY, and you'll find that calling the tool "weak" is hardly appropriate. All this and more is in the documentation, so next time, please make sure you KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING before you criticize something, okay? Cool.

by illusionaryz (See profile) - June 30, 2007 9:33 PM PDT

I'm still alive!

That's pyrochild, actually. The reason I know is because illusionaryz is his DeviantArt username and the email listed there is e-mail removed by Rick -- don't publish that stuff, which is the email he uses on the forum. Thus, I knew illusionaryz was pyro as soon as he signed up on DA.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Wow. I have no idea what that guy was talking about.

Here are some possibilities of the subject:

Microsoft plans on giving Vista away

Linux is going to sell themselves to Microsoft

Paint.NET is forcing us to donate to Microsoft

Vista comes with Paint.NET and Linux is free

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb