Paint.NET is getting noticed!

I noticed this request the other day in the GIMP Bugzilla database.

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=468349

Looks like I'm not the only GIMP user who also likes PDN. Perhaps someone with knowledge of PDN's file structure could work with whomever decides to look into this one. Maybe then we'll be able to happily coexist. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I noticed this request the other day in the GIMP Bugzilla database.

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=468349

Looks like I'm not the only GIMP user who also likes PDN. Perhaps someone with knowledge of PDN's file structure could work with whomever decides to look into this one. Maybe then we'll be able to happily coexist. :wink:

Good luck with that! I think Rick even said that he doesn't know what the pdn file format is.

I believe he said that he simply dumps out the in-memory structure to an xml stream that gets compressed on its way to the disk file... or some such nonsense.

I didn't spot any mention with a quick search, so I hope I'm not duplicating anything recorded previously....

UK PC magazine PC Pro this month (issue 157, Nov '07) has a cover feature of "The Web's Best 50 Free Downloads".

#1 is Google Pack.

#2 is Paint.NET

selected excerpts:

"this sparkling gem"

"lovingly maintained"

"almost everything you'd expect to find in paid-for rivals - and then some."

"For us, it just holds the edge over The GIMP"

I love how they copied the info straight off the getpaint.net info page... :-/

But what really makes me mad is that someone we helped on QGD probably made that abomination of a logo...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I have already contacted the seller and my next step is to report the copyright infringement directly to eBay. I don't care if someone sells Paint.NET on eBay (well I care, but it's not something to lose sleep over). I get annoyed when they re-use all my text and screenshots, mispresent the name of the software, and claim the wrong license. It just reeks of someone trying to scam people to make a buck.

In the next release I will make it explicit in the license that reselling Paint.NET is not permitted. I will also put something in the installer that says, similiar to what uTorrent does in its About dialog, "Paint.NET is free. If you paid for it, demand a refund!"

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I will also put something in the installer that says, similiar to what uTorrent does in its About dialog, "Paint.NET is free. If you paid for it, demand a refund!"

Great idea!

Of course, it makes me wonder why you know anything about a pirating tool... :D

I will also put something in the installer that says, similiar to what uTorrent does in its About dialog, "Paint.NET is free. If you paid for it, demand a refund!"

Great idea!

You know, there are torrents that are distributed legally...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Great idea!

Touche' BB, how would you know that it was a pirating tool....

(And you can't comeback me because he says it's a piraing tool)

Uh, I got banned again.(might) ..... I can't even tell people who are immature who immature they are behavouring..... that's a pain.