Paint.NET is getting noticed!

Absolutely. Honestly, I dowloaded a trial of Photoshop, because I had to remove some noise on my wallpaper, and also to try it out, and I hated it. There's just waaaay too much in there. Just like the Gimp. That's why I just never use them.

Absolutely. Honestly, I dowloaded a trial of Photoshop, because I had to remove some noise on my wallpaper, and also to try it out, and I hated it. There's just waaaay too much in there. Just like the Gimp. That's why I just never use them.

I'd say when I used PS I liked it, though I had no idea how to use it and mainly just done one layer work, which sucked. I'd say it's good, the UI's nice, though there's way too much in there.

As for GIMP, I hated it from the second I Dl'ed it, and I was basically stuck doing no art until I found out about PDN.

I think paint.net will be the photoshop of today in a year or so

I had PS CS2 on my old Mac, and trust me, Paint.NET (nor any other image editing program to date) will be able to compare to Photoshop. Paint.NET doesn't have as many features, MS Paint belongs in a stone on Mount Zion*, GIMP's interface is a GNU licensed Medusa**, Paint Shop Pro is too whimsical (lots of effects that only scrapbookers would use), Picasa only looks really cool, and IrfanView isn't even meant to edit images.

*Biblical reference

**Ancient Greek reference

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

yeah i aggre i dont want it to be a hard to use program but what i ment was that it is going to get the same populaity and people will download it and learn how to use it and we will have more and more people using it and that is how it will grow

Well, I agree completely there.

I think paint.net will be the photoshop of today in a year or so

I had PS CS2 on my old Mac, and trust me, Paint.NET (nor any other image editing program to date) will be able to compare to Photoshop. Paint.NET doesn't have as many features, MS Paint belongs in a stone on Mount Zion*, GIMP's interface is a GNU licensed Medusa**, Paint Shop Pro is too whimsical (lots of effects that only scrapbookers would use), Picasa only looks really cool, and IrfanView isn't even meant to edit images.

*Biblical reference

**Ancient Greek reference

I think you meant Paint.NET will not be able to compare to Photoshop. :)

I have to say, I do not like photoshop ... at all. Maybe it's because I used Paint.NET first, or maybe it just is. The one thing that really irritates me is the way it handles layers, which (to me) seems very different from Paint.NET. Not to mention it was a HUGE, slow loading, somewhat difficult to use, but you can easily accomplish a lot of what you can in PS with Paint.NET.

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

my art work got mentioned on da maybe some extra traffic will come thru my deviant art page that I can direct over to this great program. The guy has like a kazillion page views.

http://thaumadzo.deviantart.com/journal ... 4/#journal

I swear that the featuring system on dA is un-fair. I mean, the only way they usually find this stuff is when browsing for random things :(

I think it's fantastic you've been featured in someone's Journal. You should feel proud; you've done some excellent work oma and it's great to be recognised because of it. Good job! :D

Also, as you said, this is extra traffic not only for PDN and its possibilities, but also for your own gallery and your possibilities - who knows, you may wind-up with some new Watchers because of it.

thanks Myrdin I'm certainly hoping for some outside watchers other than PDN users. and anyone who looks at my gallery I always point out the wonderful program RicK and the plug in makers have provided for us all free of charge.

since I'm not to great at tut writing , and can not contribute any new code for effects , i have to use my art work as a means of repaying for the use of the program. If some benifit comes of it to Rick I'd be really pleased.

Paint.NET was featured on "Making Donations Easy", Jeff Atwood's Coding Horror blog

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000993.html

"This is yet another way Paint.NET demonstrates that it is a thoroughly professional open source project." :)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

PapaJohn (If you are addicted to Windows Movie Maker, like me, you probably know him) recommends Paint.NET be used to make all still frames in WMM movies. I believe this article was the first time I heard about Paint.NET (not exactly sure though)

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/PapaJ ... orial.aspx

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Jeff Atwood's Coding Horror blog

I can't help but think his last post on "64-bit on the Desktop" can't be linked with his try of Paint.NET.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

• 2 weeks later...

Giving thanks: Top 9 Windows utilities (download.com)

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-982 ... l?tag=more

Quick! Resize those pictures of Halloween at Aunt Dottie's to upload to your photo-sharing site before you leave for Thanksgiving vacation. Oh, and reduce the file size so that each is under 100K. And while you're at it, fix the red-eye in some of the pictures of Mom. Of course, Photoshop is an excellent program for all of those basic image-editing tasks, but it's overkill in many cases. Paint.NET will provide 99% of the editing features most amateur photographers need, use a lot less system resources, and less your wallet much heavier.

Quick! Resize those pictures of Halloween at Aunt Dottie's to upload to your photo-sharing site before you leave for Thanksgiving vacation. Oh, and reduce the file size so that each is under 100K. And while you're at it, fix the red-eye in some of the pictures of Mom. Of course, Photoshop is an excellent program for all of those basic image-editing tasks, but it's overkill in many cases. Paint.NET will provide 99% of the editing features most amateur photographers need, use a lot less system resources, and less your wallet much heavier.

Ok...:roll:

Nice one CNET!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Cnet has this as downloaded well over a million times. I gave it two paws up in the review section and touted the DA pdn artists as reason to not believe the video reporter in its limitations. Its a lot more than a photo editor :roll:

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

PapaJohn (If you are addicted to Windows Movie Maker, like me, you probably know him) recommends Paint.NET be used to make all still frames in WMM movies. I believe this article was the first time I heard about Paint.NET (not exactly sure though)

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/PapaJ ... orial.aspx

I found out about Paint.Net on same PapaJohn forum.

I showed my husband one of his two most loved words (free and beta) and off he went..only to come back empty-handed; you must own CS2 to get CS3 beta...he did ask me to ask you one question.....why do the big guns need truck loads of memory to do the same thing that PDN does with a handfull....bye

i was looking at AIM icons once, and it was giving a tutorial on making icons, it said you need an image editor, like photoshop, or there is a free program like paint.net, available at getpaint.net

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.