Paint.NET is getting noticed!

Hi out there! I didn't see it posted on this thread, but in Computer Shopper's May issue, 50 free downloads, one of the programs on the disc included with this issue was Paint.net 3.0! And Rick or Eric, this was six dollars instead of nine! Sorry for the extra three dollars you spent! And thanks for the mention in your blog :lol: !

Pros: I've been using Paint.NET ever since ver. 2.6. It's amazing. Also, the woman in the video is not very smart when she uses the Red Eye removal tool. If you don't select the whole eye, how the bloody potatoe are you supposed to get rid of the red part?!

lol

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild

The red eye thing she said is true, this is true for most red eye removals, thought the best one I had used was in ACDSEE.

That woman is retarded; if you don't select the entire eye, then how the bloody potato is it going to remove the red-eye from the whole thing?

*bangs head on wall*

Y'know, I think my wall is starting to look curved...

That woman is retarded; if you don't select the entire eye, then how the bloody potato is it going to remove the red-eye from the whole thing?

I wrote that as part of my review on there :lol:

What? Why? Don't be a jerk like that man, it accomplishes absolutely nothing positive.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Pros: I've been using Paint.NET ever since ver. 2.6. It's amazing. Also, the woman in the video is not very smart when she uses the Red Eye removal tool. If you don't select the whole eye, how the bloody potatoe are you supposed to get rid of the red part?!

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild

about paint.net being noticed....

how i learned about paint.NET:

in science class at school, we needed to use computers. both of our stationary labs were reserved so we got laptops. when i was using the all programs function in start bar, i noticed something called paint.net. i was like woah whats that? so i opened it and i got an f on the lab we were doing because i played around with pdn the whole time. but it was worth it. before then i never used a image editing program so i was amazed at even the fill styles for the paintbrush. so if a school has it.... and it didnt say for use by my school, it said for use by the bellevue school district. so then, i told a lot of friends about it and now many of them use pdn. [the pdn forum user] dragonpyro is one of them.

sadly, the stationary labs had photoshop elements 2.0 (what losers.)

siggy-1.jpg

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000894.html

24th comment:

Paint.NET is a gorgeous piece of free software [...] .

It's not a dev tool in the normal sense, but it's immensely useful [...] .

I think it deserves recognition and money.

26th

I nominate Paint.NET. Great UI and great potential. [...]

29th

I would love to nominate PAINT.NET, but I guess it is quite well supported already. It is by far the most useful app I have used.

10 nominations in all :)

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

D'you guys see Rick's comment?

Very interesting read ... I hadn't heard of almost any of these projects except for Paint.NET and NUnit. In particular, NGenerics looks very intriguing, and the license is compatible with Paint.NET's so I might find a way to use it.

I've tried to make a point of supporting the projects that help me out on Paint.NET. I've sent cash over to projects like famfamfam.com (EXCELLENT and FREE icon libraries) and Window Clippings by Kenny Kerr (http://weblogs.asp.net/kennykerr). Embarassingly I have not yet contributed to #ZipLib, which is an excellent library and is at the heart of the Paint.NET auto-updater. I was going to help out the TortoiseCVS guys with some 64-bit hardware because it didn't work on XP or Vista x64 at that time, but they managed to figure things out anyway (yes, I use CVS, and yes apparently according to Linus Torvalds that makes me "ugly and stupid" :)).

P.S. Thanks to everyone who's mentioned Paint.NET :)

-Rick (the Paint.NET guy)

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster