Thank you @Ego Eram Reputo and the developers, for these cool new additions :D.

I love that description of Madjik's plugin Varicose2 .......... wibbly lines :lol:

6 hours ago, Pixey said:

I love that description of Madjik's plugin Varicose2 .......... wibbly lines :lol:

Thank you Pixey. I challenge anyone to come up with a better two word description :mrpurple:

@Pratyush I'll tweak the description and update GCR. Btw you should post a note in that thread yourself to announce your updated plugin.

@Seerose & @lynxster4 thank you.

2 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I challenge anyone to come up with a better two word description

Protuberant mass ? :lol:

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Btw you should post a note in that thread yourself to announce your updated plugin

:facepalm: Why didn't I thought of this. I have made a comment in that discussion.:smile:

April Update

Welcome aboard this months plugin update. Tonight's menu will tempt your tastebuds with five new plugins all by @MadJik (how does he do it??)

Fractal Fern Leaf MadJik Uses a recursive fractal formula to render pseudo fern fronds. Found in Magical Plugins Megapack.

Generate 96 colors for palettes MadJik Fills the active layer with 96 dstinct colors for use as a paint.net palette. Options to specify the start and end colors and the steps between (also random). Plugin can save the color scheme as a PDN palette. Found in Magical Plugins Megapack.

Hilbert filling curve texture MadJik Uses the space-filling Hilbert formula (Peano 1890, Hilbert 1891) to fill the target region with a continuous path. The path is comprised of short, straight lines whose ends either continue in the same direction or undergo a 90 degree turn. Found in Magical Plugins Megapack.

List of color palettes MadJik Tiles PDN palettes in the /palettes/ folder to the canvas. Found in Magical Plugins Megapack.

Spot the center MadJik Places a configurable marker at the center of the canvas, selection or weighted selection. Found in Magical Plugins Megapack.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

From the plugin browser when updating the index.

I am getting the same error but when pasting the index JSON into JSONLint all seems to be good. I found a similar problem parsing JSON and C# with the same "Invalid JSON primitive: ." due to an errant comma but no errant comma is present; JSONLint would show this as an error when validating. I am not sure what is wrong.

The .NET deserializer is rather limited, so I had to perform a substring on the .json file to make it work correctly for this case.  However, I failed to perform a whitespace trim, so the double newline (\n\n) killed the whole thing. :(

The extra newline has been removed, and it should work without issue.

I'll add some more sanity checks to the next release of The Plugin Browser.

The required files for DDS FileType Plus, JPEG 2000,  PdnFF,  Soft Proofing and the WebP Filetype could be simplified.

For example DDS FileType Plus lists the following required files.

DdsFileTypePlus.dll, and one of DdsFileTypePlusIO_x64.dll or DdsFileTypePlusIO_x86.dll

This could be simplified to match the format used by the EA FSH Filetype:

DdsFileTypePlus.dll, DdsFileTypePlusIO_x64.dll and DdsFileTypePlusIO_x86.dll

This would make it easier for users to determine what files to install without requiring them to know if Paint.NET is running on a 32-bit or 64-bit machine.

8 hours ago, null54 said:

This would make it easier for users to determine what files to install without requiring them to know if Paint.NET is running on a 32-bit or 64-bit machine.

Removing the rider will leave users believing they need all 3 files, when they don't. I prefer the more precise wording myself. Convince me....😐

22 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Removing the rider will leave users believing they need all 3 files, when they don't. I prefer the more precise wording myself. Convince me....😐 

If a user follows your recommendation and installs the wrong DLL the plugin will not work.

The installation instructions for all of my plugins that require native DLLs state that both the 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs should be placed in the appropriate folder with the plugin.

While may not be necessary to install both DLLs from a technical perspective, it makes the instructions easier for users and reduces the number of troubleshooting messages from incorrect installation in my plugin threads (I switched static linking the Visual C++ runtime for the same reasons).

If you are keeping the more verbose format the EA FSH Filetype can be changed to.

FSHfiletype.dll, and one of squish_x64.dll or squish_Win32.dll

Finally you can remove the references to the Visual C++ 2010  runtime from the Optimized JPEG and Soft Proofing descriptions.

As I mentioned above I now use static linking because it reduces the troubleshooting messages from incorrect installation in the plugin threads.

5 hours ago, null54 said:

If a user follows your recommendation and installs the wrong DLL the plugin will not work. 

I'm not trying to give detailed installation instructions - that's the plugin author's job. I'm trying to help a user determine which files are related to which dll and which are required for it to work. Sometimes I do give a little tip to installation, but this is not really meant to replace the information the plugin author should supply.

the EA FSH Filetype can be changed to

remove the references to the Visual C++ 2010  runtime from the Optimized JPEG and Soft Proofing descriptions

Thanks - changed the Index accordingly.

May Update

Four new plugins this month, including a couple of first-time authors. Welcome aboard @EzArIk and @pavlik1307 😀

Content Aware Fill null54 Replaces the contents of a selection with pixels that are the closest match sampled from areas outside the selection. Can be used to seamlessly remove elements from an image.

Fractal Curly Tree MadJik Uses a fractal algorithm to draw a curly tree. Found in the Magical Plugins Megapack.

Tom's Palette Format EzArik Load and save Tom's palette format (Palettes data is displayed on odd lines in rows of 32, the next line contains the previous lines Quantise information)

Trippy Rainbow pavlik1307 Converts pixel brightness to a shade on a rainbow spectrum. The effect is much like the color cycling when adjusting only the Hue slider in Hue/Saturation

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3