Really add a function to draw Seamless texture?

On 10/19/2019 at 10:19 PM, Pixey said:

There is a Plugin for that:

You misunderstood.
This program makes a loop from a certain texture, and it does not give the opportunity in real time to draw on a looped texture.

What would you draw on one part of the image, and all the other looped textures would also change. Thus, you can make a normal looped texture and not a mirror looped texture.
It should also be somewhat a drawing mode: (I use a texture from World of Warcraft for example.)
unknown.png
Infinity(Infinitely in all directions)
S
quare Mode(and other 2x2/4x4/8x8)
unknown.png
Line(1x4/1x8) and (2x4/2x8):
unknown.png
But in the end edit my texture is not 2024x2024(or other size) but only 256x256.
After all, I just looped it but did not change the size.
unknown.png

Sorry im use Google Translate.

Hi @Prorok

What you need to do is this:

1. Open your 256x256 image in paint.net

2. Select all and copy it to the Clipboard.  EDIT-->Select All (Ctrl+A), EDIT-->Copy (Ctrl+C)

3. Open a new layer at whatever size you need (say 2048x2048), EFFECTS-->FILL-->FROM CLIPBOARD (this plugin is found in BoltBait's pack from here.)

4. Apply the proper setting from the drop-down menu (Tiling - No Mirroring) and you are done.

Hope this helps!  :)

If you're looking into something like dynamic tiled mode, then Paint.NET does not offer you that option. The only program I know that can do this is Krita at the moment, and that's under view->wrap-around mode in there.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

On 10/21/2019 at 1:46 AM, Prorok said:

No, I'm talking about ...

Your questions have been very nebulous; there's no detail to figure out what you're actually trying to ask. Please make sure you provide enough information for people to actually answer the question you need answered.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 1 year later...

To be honest he did specify enough to be understood, I'm trying to make tiled textures for a game such as landscapes, Think minecraft textures where you can place 5x5 blocks and they all look exactly the same. I've been looking for a free tool to do this for a short while now.

I'm not sure how to add pictures but he wants tiles without mirroring the image

With the image mirrored you can edit the main tile and it shows up on all of them so you can (loop) to the next tile and keep the pattern

Edited by MythicAwakening

This thread has been silent for over a year. It's dead. Demised. Passed on. This thread is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker. Bereft of life, it rests in peace! :mrgreen:

If you wish to restart the discussion, please start a new thread rather than reviving an old one.

Thanks & welcome to the forum 😊

• Like 1