Sign in to follow this  
Prorok

Really add a function to draw Seamless texture?

On 10/19/2019 at 10:19 PM, Pixey said:

There is a Plugin for that:

You misunderstood.
This program makes a loop from a certain texture, and it does not give the opportunity in real time to draw on a looped texture.

What would you draw on one part of the image, and all the other looped textures would also change. Thus, you can make a normal looped texture and not a mirror looped texture.
It should also be somewhat a drawing mode: (I use a texture from World of Warcraft for example.)
unknown.png
Infinity(Infinitely in all directions)
S
quare Mode(and other 2x2/4x4/8x8)
unknown.png
Line(1x4/1x8) and (2x4/2x8):
unknown.png
But in the end edit my texture is not 2024x2024(or other size) but only 256x256.
After all, I just looped it but did not change the size.
unknown.png

Sorry im use Google Translate.

Hi @Prorok

What you need to do is this:

1. Open your 256x256 image in paint.net

2. Select all and copy it to the Clipboard.  EDIT-->Select All (Ctrl+A), EDIT-->Copy (Ctrl+C)

3. Open a new layer at whatever size you need (say 2048x2048), EFFECTS-->FILL-->FROM CLIPBOARD (this plugin is found in BoltBait's pack from here.)

4. Apply the proper setting from the drop-down menu (Tiling - No Mirroring) and you are done.

Hope this helps!  :)

If you're looking into something like dynamic tiled mode, then Paint.NET does not offer you that option. The only program I know that can do this is Krita at the moment, and that's under view->wrap-around mode in there.

Edited by Reptillian

9 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Hi @Prorok

No, I'm talking about something if you can change one part of the looped texture, all other looped textures changed and did not have to do different manipulations superfluous.

I wonder if you are talking about something like "Symmetry Painting" found in Gimp. It allows you to draw on multiple parts of an image at the same time.

file.php?id=40928

file.php?id=40929

On 10/21/2019 at 1:46 AM, Prorok said:

No, I'm talking about ...

Your questions have been very nebulous; there's no detail to figure out what you're actually trying to ask. Please make sure you provide enough information for people to actually answer the question you need answered.

For the pattern you're using - you'd be better off doing it manually like your examples and using the Panelling  plugin to move duplicated layers into place to speed things up.  Filling a large canvas ... after your initial placement use Ctrl + F to repeat the process

To make smaller patterns you could use the Tile Image plugin.  But would still have to repeat the above steps to fill a large canvas

tile-image.png