The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Madjik, that's really nice :)

th_SineDesktop.jpg

Click for fullsize on my dA

Something that I'm currently using as my wallpaper.

I made it earlier today after I made my sotw entry. It's basically a copy of the sotw entry but without the polar inversion & a few extra sine waves & gradients :)

Enjoy :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

pandy001nf0.png

Well I was bored so what better to do than whip up a cute panda!

Not bad, but the Panda's a bit aliased. But it get's points for being a panda!

New Page! Time for me to post work! :twisted:

Seriously though, this is the fruits of my labors during my computer class. This one's for any Warhammer fans out there. I only play the Warhammer PC game (Dawn of War), not the tabletop, but I decided to do my poster on it anyway. You better darn well check these out!

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE!

th_warhammer.png th_warhammerback.png

The second one is the back, has the fake movie info and filler on it. Other than the two character renders, this is 100% PdN (yes, even the logo at the top), and I even heavily edited the characters in PdN!

I may update the first side of the poster, so keep posted. :wink:

My post count may say otherwise, but I have been a member of this forum for quite a while. I just don’t like to respond much until lately. Anyways, I want the forum moderators and/ or Rick to consider reorganizing the Pictorium. It has become cluttered with Clouds and Polar Inversions, along with useless introductions. I think that the Pictorium should be reorganized to where it is a topic underneath Paint.net General Discussion. Within this topic is a place for Introduction Artwork, Introduction Discussion, Intermediate Artwork, Intermediate Discussion, Advanced Artwork, and Advanced Discussion. Other thoughts and perhaps easier possibilities would be dividing the pictorium into genres of artwork, ranging from realism to abstract, and then focusing the chatter into a separate related topic. I have always thought of the Pictorium as a showcase, like a museum or gallery, and the pollution within it has made it similar to the Off Topic. It should not be a hotbed for plug-in and tutorial requests, nor introductions. The Introducing... Thread is for introductions, and separate topics should be created for plug-in and tutorial requests. Simply, let us cleanup our act in the Pictorium. Let us have a Green Pictorium.

Thank you for your time to read my post, I hope you take it into consideration.

signature.png

Post Scriptum: I don't want to be boring, but I have something to say about the use of the Pictorium. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that it should be a collection of the best pictures from the PdN users community, and possibly comments on them. A guest visiting it should say: "oh, what beautiful things you can do with PdN!". An exibition of the power of the gradient tool with enormous, useless pictures or debating on which tool is more powerful pollutes the Pictorium. I think we all should avoid pollution, if possible. Thanks.

I missed this part of your post, and I Agree with this.

New comers can come in and see just what PDN can really do, usually will make them want to try PDN even more.

I played a little bit around with the gemstone tut ....

Lens on the stone makes it a bit more real

ringsc7.th.jpg

Good job! :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Considering this might be cluttering up the pictorium I'm asking just who is going to decide which art falls into which catagory. I'd like your opinion is my art beginner level, intermediate or advanced? I think a bit of all three as I try out new items. The pictorium is where back ages ago I showed a bit of glass work, seems it sparked a lot of work in perfecting glass and transparencies, Verndewds tut for sigs came from that. I might not be the best at drawing but what I put up is the best of my ability. The pictorium is just that pictures, good, bad, in between. Maybe instead there should be just a showcase where the mods go thru once a week and pick several to showcase of different styles, color combinations that are pleasing to the eye, innovative work. Perhaps these can be in a separate file, but don't become elitist in a picture display area. This is the area of the forum that sparks some new beggining artists to continue and become better.

OMA

At Oma: I also partially described splitting it by Genres. Have a Pictorium for Abstract, and for Realism, and for Works in Progress. Each would also have an individual discussion thread, so that each Pictorium is pure work, not talk. I also like your idea, where mods would select the best from the week, the only problem is that is asking for a lot of work on a mods job :D

signature.png