Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

wow that looks more sci-fi then mine :D

Yeh i like the effect on the bottom two corners....its almost like a PS effect or fractal...

@cee670 nice maybe some drop shadows might anchor some of the things down to the ground.

your grass a bit tall. if you have the grass still on a separate layer try using the layers rotate zoom and tilt it back. that might help the perspective.

I notice people here do a lot of abstract stuff, how come I don't see much photography going on?

also, here's an abstract thing I just messed around with since plenty of people are into those

ColorBarbs001ruben.png

@UFWHOA I do a bit of work with my photographs but mainly its family members at family celebrations. done up scrapbook style. not really stuff for sharing I can do up a plonker page...that's what digital scrapbookers call them and show you the backgrounds. you just insert your own photo's .

:cry: i don't think this is going well maybe I better start over. :wink: if you look upper right thumb that's the original inspiration piece.

notsurehescorrectbutthisiswhatIhave.png

thanks salu but think he needs more teeth those look like chicklets chewing gum.

that is my work up for Indiana Jones. this is the post in the forum that I got the inspiration to attempt this one. check it out

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22158

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22158&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

and this is the url I get when I right click his picture and properties

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317 ... _72DPI.jpg

edited :?: David I get a picture on my screen when I clik that link to the post. very first item in the post where the person asks if it is possible to make a picture such as the one he displays could someone explain to me the directions to link to a post again. I used to just click the post area and then copy but that doesn't seem to work any longer. thanks

Being new to the fora, there are a few observations:

1. The members have not only some phenomenal aptitude, but the level of creativity is awestriking.

2. It's highly intimidating.

3. I find myself somewhere between brooding envy of other's ability(ies) and seething hatred of personal ineptitude in the face of it all.

Basically, magnificent work and spot on.

Divertiti, you all deserve it.

Simplicity___WIP_by_Eulogy_Dignity.jpg

This is my new piece I'm working on. I wouldn't call it halfway done yet. >_>

It's been fun! ...Though I don't think I'll ever work on a 3264x2448 picture again anytime soon.

... ... So. Much... Lag....

My poor computer must hate me now.

@Mastriani: Thank you for the compliment, on behalf of the other users. And don't worry...things will start to get better for you. :-)

:cry: i don't think this is going well maybe I better start over. :wink: if you look upper right thumb that's the original inspiration piece.

th_notsurehescorrectbutthisiswhatIhave.png

My advice is 1st try your best to copy the original, and only 1 object at a time. Skull or Indy, take your pick.

Copying is one of the best way to learn. ahem..*Glass tray*

Once you get that down, you find it's much easier.

One step at a time, if one trys to jump too far, usually won't make it to the other side....

======================================

Oh yeah, after david.atwell joined the mod team, our super robot is finally able to form.

Mwahahah....mwahahah..... :twisted:

Ps. A more realistic "Ash" version might come later on :D

Modteam1a.jpg

hey frozen byte did you use any stock images?? cos i really want to make a good abstract piece for a wallpaper :D

Jeha, i used this PS Brushpack:

http://axeraider70.deviantart.com/art/W ... s-44617350

And this Programm to extract them:

http://www.designerinaction.de/software ... php?id=114

errm i sorta dont get it. do you have to click on download on the deviant art thing and then download the pther program to use them in pdn??

Thanks for the comps on the earlier pieces, and I'd like to say that im happy that everyone seems to be moving away from all the abstracts. Some of them were cool but it really started getting annoying there for awhile haha, anyway here's another one, not too great but I'm still learning haha:

idkfg3.png

Terrain made with Terragen, everything else PDN.

im curently working on a piece like this but mines different lol. did you know you can make the water in terragen. i advise you to use it in teragen as it looks really realistic. as you can see below.

secondattempt.jpg

well ive finished didnt take me long :D . i just erased all of the edge deleted it all with magic wand then feathered it :D . got any ways i could improve on it though??

secondattempt-ed1.png

i think the water is a bit light. perhaps thers a way to change that