Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Very nice work! Welcome to the forum! Hope to see a lot more from you.

Thank you very much :D

I also have the same image but I changed the layer property, now it looks more like the sun shines from within. (Dunno how to explain properly though:P)

I dont know which one looks better, I would like to know, because I am going to expand this image add some more planets and stars or whatever, and going to make a nice windows background out of it :D

So this one, or the one in my previous post?

:D

post-74595-127125006908_thumb.png

Roell: It' cool :) Well, they look different. On the first one, it looks like the light is coming from behind the planet/sun, but the second one looks like it's shining itself.

Since it seems everyone is doing planets and spacescapes at the moment, I figured I'd show one of mine as well :D

Planet_02_1_lille-1.png

signature.png

Trine0: I like it! The colors all match, but the angle on the moon is a bit off, and in my opinion (as usual), there's too many nebulae. One thing I really love about the planets are that they have realistic textures, which is very hard to make. The light is perfect, especially the reflection (which again, is always hard to grasp). 9.999 (repeating)/10

...wait, is that possible? 9.999 (repeating), or is it 10? :/ hmmmmmmm...

EDIT: There's a wikipedia article on it right here. So far there's no real answer (A.K.A. still debated)

Edited by himself22

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

Very nice image, although the planet texture does look a little dark and as himself said, too much nebulae cluttering the picture. 6/10

A place to call home- 100% paint.net

aplacetocallhome.png

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

Looks sweet falken, I luv that you used that purple color :D

Dunno if its to soon for me to post anything because there havent been much replies or anything but here I am again :D

Ok So I am going to make this windows background as I said before, The first planet / object / sun thing is done. I picked my second creation (See previous page)

I am trying to make a new planet object each day So I can add it to the big picture :D

I kinda tried to make an earth like planet, but not earth because I am going for an unknown galaxy thing.

It looks pretty decent imo, but I still have a feeling it isnt complete YET

Please tell me what you think of it, and also please give ideas or sugestions about what to change about this picture, thanks :D

Anyway here it is:

earth.png

Edited by Roell

I like the light coming from the background but some parts aren't smooth (In my opinion.) , like here:

yhsjjie-34.png

Was the black clouds/noise on purpose? Last thing, the texture is a little cartoony.

I'd like to see the finishing picture though. Good luck!

By the way, are you making all the planets individually then copy and pasteing them on to the bigger one? Just a suggestion, if you do that, watch out about the lighting. For example, in this one, the light is coming from behind and is coming up through the top left, if you have another planet to the left of this one, make sure it comes from the right and above (unless there's another star).

Example #2: http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk293/himself22/yhsjjie-35.png Click!

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

No need to duck (interesting choice of words & order I must say)! Too busy laughing! What a crack up! I guess there was no pun intended but it's funny to me.

Older folk can call up a vast array of experiences & memories & there is a shared history as in era & ways of thinking, music, pop culture & all that. We've gone through what the young ones still have ahead & we're yet to go through what our parents already did. In a nutshell - generation.

Interestingly, my husband & I are from different generations - baby boomer & Gen X. There are some distinct generational differences at times.

Oh yeah, symbolism - ever googled Salvador Dali? All of the great artists used symbolism & still do. What would art be without symbolism?

You may also notice that my comment was that I loved the message that the image got across to me...that's because we all see something different based on our experiences.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012