Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Hey everyone! Nice pics! Heres one I made.

eclipse.png

Falken your pic is amazing! how do you do your bgs? I know how to make planets, but the bg is amazing.

Edited by Solstyce

That is possibly the best spacescape for a first post i have ever seen :D , keep on at it solstyce, you could become a really skilled artist.

The shadow is a little too sharp, and shouldn't the sun be adjusted to the left a bit? Other than that your picture is awesome ;).

A simple way to create a spacescape background is to render clouds on a top layer, use a bit of curves for colour, distort it a bit and set the blend mode to screen.

check out the spacescape tutorials around the forum for inspiration (heres a good one: Link)

My latest spacescape:

myescape.th.png

Edited by Falken

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

Very nice Falken! I especially like the way it looks as if you are in a nebula or something.

Here is my latest spacescape:

Spacescape.png?t=1274380812

If someone thinks it's decent I might even make it into a sig or something.

[center][img]http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu68/ace9star9/Spacescape.png?t=1274380812[/img][/center]
[center]~ACE[/center]

Um lol... Its not a shadow. Your seeing the sun frim behind a planet. boltbait.big_smile.png heres another planet I made. Its a rock planet, I really need to learn how to do a descent atmosphere though. Hey I just made my set and userbar today. What do you think? Anyways, heres the pic:

rockplanet.png

yeah, I made the texture. Isn't it cool? :D

Edited by Solstyce

I really like that texture. It makes it look like it's moving.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

i have some sad news :(

this will be my last post for a while now because i have got photoshop and will be turning to that

my PDN life has been short but great!

and i might come and visit every once in a while and make u guys a photo.

so this is my last picture for a while

hope you enjoy...

4405242327a12518878368l.jpg

Edited by nictarquini

4405242327a12419642960l.jpg

Not grest, but it is nice, I hope you have fun with Photoshop, but don't expect it to be a piece of cake.

Solstyce that is a superb texture on your first spacescape. Very realistic. I like it.

Second one is very `fluid' thanks to that twist.

I agree with Frontcannon. If you have not started a gallery yet you should. Looks like you`ve got some great pieces to show off.

Getting away from space, mine is something I used in the food comp. A nice cup of strong tea. :)

CupofTeapng.png

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

looks really bright for some reason...maybe darken the background just a tad to make all edges at least slightly visible. Awesome coffee cup. Not an expert on coffee and tea colors, but that sorta looks like creamy coffee...I like it XD

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Guys, its TEA!

Nice job on that Goonie! I love the cup. Clean & elegant. Other than be bit of jaggies as mentioned, it is an excellent image!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I think I spot on the left side of the cup, lower line, a part where it goes a tiny bit over the side of the cup. It could just be in my head, since I see something similar on the other side that looks just fine as it is.

Other than that, it is an absolutely marvelous rendering of a teacup, especially the subtle but effective reflection on the side facing the vewer. It really adds to the realism and dimension of the piece.

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Coffee? You can tell this is an American forum! sHa_hehe.gif

Never noticed those jaggies, thanks Chris.

Zizoiz I can see what you mean. Just seems to stick out a bit. I think it deceiving though because I used the shape of the cup to crop the line so it should`nt be any wider than that.

Now I`m off to get a real cup of tea.

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN