Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@HeavyMetalCat:

I love it, not bad for a first piece! Just some feathering, and some more realistic textures, (which you will more than likely learn later) and it will be a really nice piece! I do like the record. Was it made in Paint.NET?

@Mayor:

I love it! It is your best piece yet! Very awesome! I like the second one best, but the first one is good too. Good to see you didn't erase any of your planet this time.

I thank you all and yes it was made in PDN, which I've actually been using for a while but this is my first completely PDN piece that I put effort into. I'm certain i still have the .pdn file. I'm not sure if I have the feather effect, I'll have to look. Thank you all again.

Edit

I was stupid and flattened the .pdn file before saving...

Edited by heavymetalcat1

I thank you all and yes it was made in PDN, which I've actually been using for a while but this is my first completely PDN piece that I put effort into. I'm certain i still have the .pdn file. I'm not sure if I have the feather effect, I'll have to look. Thank you all again.

Edit

I was stupid and flattened the .pdn file before saving...

Sorry to hear that, but it gives you the chance to do it again and incorporate some of the suggestions.

Since there seems to be a run on the spacescapes, I thought I would post this one. It's not 100% PdN. The textures for the planets were made in Apophysis 2.09 beta and made with Shape 3D. The nebula cloud was done with an Apophysis fractal and PdN. I downloaded the beta this week and wanted to see what else it would do that the previous version didn't. WOW ! Plugins ! This changes everything !

Apophysis-Space1small.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Wow! That is an awesome piece Possum! Post it on Deviantart, and I will fav it! That is awesome!

Yeah, like he said. That is just awesome! Way to go Possum!

CRMRoseTrio.png

Charles Rennie Mackintosh Rose Trio Screen. Reference image used but pure PDN.

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Keeping with the theme of spacescapes,

Here's my piece titled: Got Water?

SpaceScape12.png

This piece was done pretty quickly for a science project.

It really seemed to impress my teacher, let me see if it will impress you.

:D

Edited by Mayor_McSteeze

Um, take it you don't like my piece? :bigeyes::glum:

The idea is that you comment on the previous one before posting your own. We all like to know how our images are seen by others.

The Got Water? one is good but you're still having problems with the jaggies which just spoils it a little. You can try using feather, gaussian blurring @2, using a large image to start with & then reducing it down, or use alpha-masking. Some good tutes on that.

The texture is great & the colour is fitting. Shadow I think is good & I love the little flare.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@barbieq: Beautiful piece, I love the way that you are able to make gold so glossy ;) , mabye put in a background, because it seems a little empty floating in a black void.

@mayormcsteeze: Nice Mars, although the texture does look a little repetitive and the edges are still jaggies it is very good for a quick piece, and very nicely put together :D

2 new spacescapes- tell me which one looks the best and you get a :cookie:

asailorwenttosea.png

salvation.png

Edited by Falken

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

@Chrisco: That is a very good first spacescape, I wish I could have had a first spacescape like that, unfortunatley mine was just a pink blob and some white dots around it, im looking forward to seeing what kind of spacescape you are capable of.

@Nictarquini: Nice image, although the pinkish-purple thing does look a bit out of place near a blue planet, mabye you could try using Hue/Saturation to change it to a blue colour?

This is my first attempt at a non-100% paint.net spacescape (The planet texture was a screenshot from google maps.)

onemoreday.png

Edited by Falken

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

I am kinda new to paint.net and saw a lot of planets and space stuff, so decided to make a planet myself :D

I was just messing with some tools and then I got something which kinda looked like a sun, so I tried some more tools and edited some stuff and heres the result :D

100% paint.net btw :D

Hope you like it, because I do :D

(Didnt think I could create something like this LOL)

post-74595-127123643611_thumb.png