Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@ chrisco97: like it, but I think you should do something about the wall in the corners to give it a better 3d feel.

@ Trine0: Very cool lion :) Looks like the mane took quite some time to make. It kind of looks like tattoo style type of art, in my opinion. In a good way :P

What's that? You want more space pictures?? Sure thing! :mrgreen:

th_planetcracksscenever2.png

Other version with planetary ring:

th_planetcracksscenever3.png

barbieq25, you made me lose the game...

dragonseyesig.png

The one without the rings looks better.

Odd texture for a planet but I like it. the background is really super! Fantastic colours & the stars are spot on.

Really nice!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Really cool, but really simple. Not bad though! Like the shadow.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

New_Room_by_chrisco97.png

This is the updated version of my 3D Room i made. I added walls, new baseboards, new window, and fixed the perspective of the floor. Again, 100% Paint.NET! Click it for full size.

Edited by chrisco97

Chrisco: Brillo. Only thing I could nit pick was the window. It looks like a painting. Other then that, its excellent!

Welshblue: Leave. Now. Really. Its not fair for the rest of us. But seriously, amazing as usual!

4501470889_5a71ed4d66_o.png

- Any thoughts? -

It has been such a long time since I've seen the Pictorium. It'll take much too long for me to catch up on the 50 or so pages I've missed, but from the past few pages, I see a lot of outer space work. As a guy who once regularly updated a "universal gallery", how can I resist commenting? Nice work guys! I see a lot of potential in new people I haven't seen since the last time I was active.

@Welshyblue--Keep it away from me! :P Nice knife man. I like the texture on the handle.

Trying to catch up with work I've made in the past year and a half:

Galaxy_FINAL_by_Worldnewser.png

The final version of my Galaxy which was started as a WIP in my gallery seven months ago.

More to come. I may or may not continue updating my gallery, depending on how active I might become on the forums. For now, I guess I'll just be submitting my works to Image Umbrellas only.

Wow. Much longer having to type out the code for url and img instead of pushing a convenient button :lol:

Very pretty galaxy Worldnewser, I especially like the texture of the arms, though the blurry galactic core does take a bit of realism away from it :(

Here is my latest piece, titled construct:

construct.th.png']

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

@ Worldnewser, Awesome image ! There is an image button. It's the third one over from the text formatting. It looks like a little landscape with a green plus sign.

@ Falken. Wow ! That's just beautiful ! It looks like where I'm from. (That would be a little known planet called Earth) :lol:

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@Possum Roadkill--oh hello, I didn't see that there. Thanks for the tip :)

@Falken--Brilliant piece! I like the starscape. I think the only thing I can reccomend is to tone down the clud layer on the planet. I think it's a bit too thick. Other than that, good work. Also, I like your sig :)

Edited by worldnewser

:D thanks for pointing that out, it kinda does look like the clouds are too thick, and big, but i can fix that later ;)

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

Hey guys, Haven't been around in a while but i thought id share some pieces that iv'e created lately.

(I took after Falken on this because his Spacescapes make me go nuts.)

There's 2 different versions so tell me what one you like best.

Version 1

Spacescape10Redo.png

Version 2

Spacescape10.png

I know it's not as good as most of the others but I think it looks ok.

recordplayerfinal.png

Edited by heavymetalcat1

@ heavymetalcat: very nice, the edges do look aliased and jagged though, you could fix that up with boltbait's feather if you still have the pdn file saved, mabye you could even remake it in a year or two and have picked up some more tricks.

@Mayor Mcsteeze: I love version 1, your spacescapes are definitely improving quickly heres a tip though, when you have a picture with a big planet you shouldn't use as many stars, it tends to clutter the picture up and makes the planet look out of place. (By the way, very nice stars, they look a lot like my own :smiley-wink:)

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

@heavymetalcat--Welcome to PdN! Nice effort. Much better than my first submission (which was an ugly puke green abstract). A bit of anti-aliasing is in order, but it's a good concept. You'll definitely get better as you go along.

@Mayor McSteeze--Wonderful. I like them both. I'm also interested by the texture of the planet. Did you make two textures and blend them together? Because it looks Moon-ish and then sorta looks Earth-ish closer to the shadow area. I also like the light source you have peeking out of the upper-left hand side of the planet as well as the stars (everyone seems to be making great starscapes lately). The planet/atmosphere needs a bit of anti-aliasing, and the atmosphere looks shifted a bit off as it approaches the dark side. Other than that, nice work :)