Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@MyChemicalSnowman - "...is actually have the arrow showing and going though the heart "

But wouldn't that hurt? :shock: Ha ha :lol: , I agree, that would be so much cooler. I'm not that advanced yet. I have years of catching up with you guys ! Any suggestions on how to do that? I would love to be able to do something like that.

On your apple, the stem should be a little wider on the top and then taper down to the apple. The point where they attach to the tree is a little thicker and triangular or conical in shape. Very good job though. It looks like a Granny Smith apple. They are great for making pie!

Congrats on the 1000th post ! Woo Hoo ! :!:

@Yellowman - Wonderful job on the watermellons. I could not help but notice the way they are positioned. I, uh........never mind, I'll send you a PM. :D

@ Ash. I agree with you on the shine on the "mellons" in reality they do not shine like an apple, but in a more muted softer way. I do think the lighter part on the bottom of the mellon looks correct. When I grow any kind of mellon, there is always a lighter place on the bottom where they were touching the gound and did not receive sunshine. Great idea on having one cut open, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@MyChemicalSnowman - "...is actually have the arrow showing and going though the heart "

But wouldn't that hurt? :shock: Ha ha :lol: , I agree, that would be so much cooler. I'm not that advanced yet. I have years of catching up with you guys ! Any suggestions on how to do that? I would love to be able to do something like that.

On your apple, the stem should be a little wider on the top and then taper down to the apple. The point where they attach to the tree is a little thicker and triangular or conical in shape. Very good job though. It looks like a Granny Smith apple. They are great for making pie!

Congrats on the 1000th post ! Woo Hoo ! :!:

@Yellowman - Wonderful job on the watermellons. I could not help but notice the way they are positioned. I, uh........never mind, I'll send you a PM. :D

@ Ash. I agree with you on the shine on the "mellons" in reality they do not shine like an apple, but in a more muted softer way. I do think the lighter part on the bottom of the mellon looks correct. When I grow any kind of mellon, there is always a lighter place on the bottom where they were touching the gound and did not receive sunshine. Great idea on having one cut open, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

That is simply amazing. I have seen so many images of fruit and vegetables in the seed catalogs I get every year and this is better than anything I have seen in any of them. I can't wait for the watermelons to get ripe this year !

That is simply amazing. I have seen so many images of fruit and vegetables in the seed catalogs I get every year and this is better than anything I have seen in any of them. I can't wait for the watermelons to get ripe this year !

Possum Roadkill..thanks for the kind words I used to grow melon as well that's why I can't miss this soft yellow base of it.

Thanks Ash well I don't have the pdn file of this image, because usually I don't keep pdns for small jobs.well it needs little bit time to fix, I will try anyways.

Do you mean by the gray parts that big dark yellow spot with brown scratches? If yes then that is the contact side of the melon whit the soil, and never sees the Sun light, possum explained it he was absolutely correct and I meant that also.

Possum Roadkill..thanks for the kind words I used to grow melon as well that's why I can't miss this soft yellow base of it.

Thanks Ash well I don't have the pdn file of this image, because usually I don't keep pdns for small jobs.well it needs little bit time to fix, I will try anyways.

Do you mean by the gray parts that big dark yellow spot with brown scratches? If yes then that is the contact side of the melon whit the soil, and never sees the Sun light, possum explained it he was absolutely correct and I meant that also.

Really great watermelon yellowman. I too might like to see the shine toned down a little. I was wondering if what Ash meant was that the underside of the melon doesn't just cast a shadow but that you have the lighter part reflecting. It is a great piece of work at any rate.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Really great watermelon yellowman. I too might like to see the shine toned down a little. I was wondering if what Ash meant was that the underside of the melon doesn't just cast a shadow but that you have the lighter part reflecting. It is a great piece of work at any rate.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Yellowman, excellent work on the melon. I was following the thread and saw Ash call you out on slicing the thing open for us . . . and then you actually did it. Most impressive, sir! You had the seeds, the blended texture between the rind and the flesh, everything. I'm looking forward to experimenting with cutting holes in 3d objects like you did with the melon ad the bullet holes I noticed in a tut from a while ago. I'm presenting my second shot at a light saber. I think I've got the alignment between the hilt and the beam down. I actually just used a 3d cylinder at the same angle as the handle and then played with the lighting to get a decent glow. I know this is a somwhat basic model, but I wanted to post here before going on with a power button and any other accoutrements.

lightsaber4.png

PS Loved the avatar and sig, too, yellowman. That leather is so realistic.

galactic_military_sig2.png

Yellowman, excellent work on the melon. I was following the thread and saw Ash call you out on slicing the thing open for us . . . and then you actually did it. Most impressive, sir! You had the seeds, the blended texture between the rind and the flesh, everything. I'm looking forward to experimenting with cutting holes in 3d objects like you did with the melon ad the bullet holes I noticed in a tut from a while ago. I'm presenting my second shot at a light saber. I think I've got the alignment between the hilt and the beam down. I actually just used a 3d cylinder at the same angle as the handle and then played with the lighting to get a decent glow. I know this is a somwhat basic model, but I wanted to post here before going on with a power button and any other accoutrements.

lightsaber4.png

PS Loved the avatar and sig, too, yellowman. That leather is so realistic.

I like the glow of the light. Very nice.Although the end of it seems too `solid' if you know what I mean.I think lightsabre`s are just beams of light and the end makes it look like a blue bulb.

Not keen on the background though. Kind of takes the focus away from the lightsabre.

Be interesting to see how the handle turns out - so far it`s looking good. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I like the glow of the light. Very nice.Although the end of it seems too `solid' if you know what I mean.I think lightsabre`s are just beams of light and the end makes it look like a blue bulb.

Not keen on the background though. Kind of takes the focus away from the lightsabre.

Be interesting to see how the handle turns out - so far it`s looking good. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@ Xander_Lyon you have the angle right and it looks really good. The glow is also spot on. I agree with GF that the end of the beam looks too solid making it look more like a bulb than a beam. Nice 3D work though. I can't wait to see more detail on the light saber handle.

@ Xander_Lyon you have the angle right and it looks really good. The glow is also spot on. I agree with GF that the end of the beam looks too solid making it look more like a bulb than a beam. Nice 3D work though. I can't wait to see more detail on the light saber handle.

Possum, Goonfella, thanks for your suggestions. I was thinking maybe some blurring or smudging would desolidify the beam a little. I suppose right now it looks like a Spencer's Gifts product. I'll fix the background, too, to at least move the backlight off of the beam. Does anybody have any suggestions for tapered polygons? I'd like to put a short flared cone off the bottom of the handle, like the shape of a shuttle's rocket.

Possum, Goonfella, thanks for your suggestions. I was thinking maybe some blurring or smudging would desolidify the beam a little. I suppose right now it looks like a Spencer's Gifts product. I'll fix the background, too, to at least move the backlight off of the beam. Does anybody have any suggestions for tapered polygons? I'd like to put a short flared cone off the bottom of the handle, like the shape of a shuttle's rocket.

I would extend it a little too. The beam needs to be a little longer.

This is something I did Friday night. I know some of you will say it's not a realistic looking spider. Oh but it is a realistic looking ROBOT spider !

RedSpiderRobot.png

I would extend it a little too. The beam needs to be a little longer.

This is something I did Friday night. I know some of you will say it's not a realistic looking spider. Oh but it is a realistic looking ROBOT spider !

RedSpiderRobot.png

@Possum

Love the 'spider' concept, and I like your arachnid. Couple of things I noticed though. You have a cool shadow on the wall, but no corrisponding lighting on this side of the spider.

Also the bottom reflection should meet any feet that are touching the ground. Particularly noticible on the near side feet.

@Xander, great start on the sabre. Look forward to seeing the finished image.

@Yellowman I love the watermellon. I don't think you need to do anything to it, it's brilliant.