Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

I feel so ignored....

Sorry Soul41, I didn't realise you had missed out on feedback.

IMO your Kirby is very well constructed. You have used shading very effectively to create a 3d appearance without losing the attractive mat finish. It is a kool kirby :)

that's one of the coolest image I've seen in paintdotnet.

Thank you so much PineappleQc. It's the first thing I have put in the Pictorium, so I am thrilled you like it.

oh, soul, I'm sorry, I hadn't realized either. It is very nice, as pophiri said the shadows are well done, it's pretty much a perfect kirby, however I'm not quite sure just how realistic kirby is, but hey he's very nice nonetheless!

and your welcome pophiri, I especially like the bubble ring!

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

soul41 Kirby is way cute!

pophiri nice bubbles. did you use inside out for those?

welshblue I have not taken a good look at your image yet but I will as I like to visit your gallery.

My latest bit of whimsy, a mouse.

Mymouse.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Here is my take on Blowing Bubbles. (100% pdn)

bubbles.jpg

That is simply awesome ! So beautiful! So real !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Possum Roadkill...those opals stones are awesome, so real I can't believe you made them with Paint.NET they look just real woow excellent work, especially the 2nd pic. Are you planing to create your own Gallery ? I guess it's time, you have now a good collection of images, and I (think most of our friends here also) want to view your work from time to time because there is really some interesting images so it's good idea to gather them in one spot, keep up good work, I enjoy looking at your work very much. :)

welshblue.... and oh I forgot the knight piece is very nice, I love the stones wall behind, its perfectly done and looks so real, and the fireplace is also nice, I saw this knight dancing somewhere :lol: :lol: that's so funny. I have just one point about the image, the shade of the painting on the wall (down-left)is covering a little bit the candles holder, I guess the holder is infront of the painting, how did I see that? You know that candles holder is my favorite .The ship in bottle is nice idea too, a lot of fun in your work :P .

th_knight4.gif

soul41...Kirby is so cute and clean work, I like colors, you can add some more details to the image.

pophiri... Soap Bubbles is nice, looks real, I like the one which just creating looks so well done I like the idea very much.

Thanks for all the positive comments on my bubbles. The round bubbles were easy, it was creating the half blown one which took some work.

@Janettsue your mouse drawing is lovely. With that sort of work you could be a professional illustrator for kids books.

Yes I did use in/out for the round bubbles, but I also did a lens effect after to give a more 3d shape. The two plugins work perfectly together. If there is enough interest I am happy to do a tut on the bubbles, they are easy and fun to make.

I like those bubbles as well and especially the the one being blown. Just a couple of things - how about having different sizes? All the bubbles are the same size so I think they would look even better and more realistic if you had different sizes. After all - when did you last see bubbles being blown that were all exactly the same size? Also this would add a bit of depth to the image.

Also what about doing something with the background? An image slightly blurred out so the main focus remains on the bubbles maybe?

Other than that I think they are great. :D

Now, I have not posted a pic on this thread for some time now so how about this one? -

iMousev2.jpg

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Wonderful job there Goon. I'm enjoying that image tremendously and it's a wonderful looking mouse. I could never get used to managing the iMouse. One click without the right click. :roll: KIU!

Here's my latest attempt I have already posted in my gallery:

potential.jpg

I already know about the outline of the bottle being blurred. Any other comments would be appreciated.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@goonfella your mouse is perfect. Highlights, shadows and reflections are spot on.

@Stormshadow, you have got everything right bar the bottle. If you can get that right it will look brilliant.

@goonfella you are right about the size of the bubbles, I never thought about it. I want to keep the background the way it is though. Think of it as a studio shot with a mat black background and targeted lighting. I want the focus to be 100% on the bubbles with no background distraction.

I already know about the outline of the bottle being blurred. Any other comments would be appreciated.

Nasty bit of :AntiAliasingOff: at the bottom of the bottle and the edges of the stand of the bottle. Maybe a bit of contrast on the chrome(?) part of the base? Great job though. :)

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Possum Roadkill...those opals stones are awesome, so real I can't believe you made them with Paint.NET they look just real woow excellent work, especially the 2nd pic. Are you planing to create your own Gallery ? I guess it's time, you have now a good collection of images, and I (think most of our friends here also) want to view your work from time to time because there is really some interesting images so it's good idea to gather them in one spot, keep up good work, I enjoy looking at your work very much. :)

Thanks very much. It was pretty easy to make, it's just noise with the color left in and various blurs and then cut to an oval shape. I've been trying to create one to match a photo of an opal I saw on the internet. I've done a couple of different versions of this one and it's pretty much the same technique but with higher settings and the crystallize plug-in.

FireOpal1.png

I guess I could do a gallery, I finally have a few things completed. I've had kind of a weird week and haven't been able to concentrate on things until last night. I finally finished this piece tonight. I've been hanging on to it for weeks waiting for inspiration on what to do with it. I did the wood texture and thought of what I wanted to do with the lock and key. Everything is 100% PdN except the ghost hands.

GhostHandsLockAndKey.png

Nasty bit of :AntiAliasingOff: at the bottom of the bottle and the edges of the stand of the bottle. Maybe a bit of contrast on the chrome(?) part of the base? Great job though. :)

Yeah, that's one thing Welshblue pointed out on the edge of the bottle. If I had done it right the first time with alpha mask, that wouldn't had happened. :roll: So, I was forced to use radial blur to clean it up. Also the base of the bottle was followed by Ash's 3D metal chrome and I used his method. I got to admit it didn't help with the :AntiAliasingOff: so maybe next time I will use alpha masking on both the base and the bottle.

@Goon, the blur was intentional, but it was also an attempt to *cough cough* cover up my mistake. :lol:

Thank you all for the comments, at least it looks like I was on the right track to make an actual glass, or did I misstep somewhere? :?

@Possum Roadkill...that image looks fantastic, the only thing I noted was the key in the ghost hand...it looks like it's going to fall out of its hand. Perhaps lowering the opacity of the hands would give it a more ghostly appearance with a little glowing effect?

@ Storm.Shadow, I really like the bottle it is really fantastic. The smoke effect is very nice and looks so real. I can't seem to figure out how to do it just yet. Are the stars in the background a custom brush? They are so nice and smooth. I might have made the sizes vary a bit, but they are just beautiful.

"...that image looks fantastic, the only thing I noted was the key in the ghost hand...it looks like it's going to fall out of its hand. Perhaps lowering the opacity of the hands would give it a more ghostly appearance with a little glowing effect?"

Thanks very much ! I think I'll try your suggestion. What color do ghosts glow? My wife says green.

@Goonfella, the mouse looks so real ! Are you a Mac?

@Pophiri, "

I want to keep the background the way it is though. Think of it as a studio shot with a mat black background and targeted lighting. I want the focus to be 100% on the bubbles with no background distraction."

I agree. The bubbles are so delicate and detailed anything else would be a distraction from them. I have looked at them a number of times and cannot figure out how you did them. A tut would be wonderful.

This is something I did for my wife last week.

Shot2TheHeart.png

After playing with paint.net for a grand total of 3 days, I've got my first little batch of images to share. Hopefully my sig looks all right. I had a heck of a time getting it to link properly in the ucp and the final preview looked awful small. Anyway, I'm part of a club called galacticmilitary.org and I've been wanting to help spruce up the website. That's why I came here and found this incredible FREE program. The only image of my 3 that fits the "realistic" images is a quite basic ufo on a spacy background: two polygons, b&w flames, sparkle motion blurred background. Actually, that's probably all obvious but other newbies may be curious.

Oh, I forgot the props to the artistes before me.

@Storm.Shadow's bottle: of course, incredible. I actually like the "blurry" bottle. Looks more magical that way.

@pophiri's bubbles: Insane, amazing skills, and it's hard to suggest any kind of background that wouldn't have hindered focus on the bubbles.

@janettsue's mouse: how cute is that? paint.net is so versitle to go from a realistic poker hand to a watercolor children's book kind of mousey.

[edit]

Granted, the ship needs some design to it once I figure out exactly how the shape3d moves and alters images. Plus some cool speed lines wouldn't hurt. :)

Would perhaps a blurred water reflection on just the ship give it that warp thing the Enterprise did? Wow, I sound like a real geek now.

galactic_military_sig2.png

Granted, the ship needs some design to it once I figure out exactly how the shape3d moves and alters images. Plus some cool speed lines wouldn't hurt. :)

Would perhaps a blurred water reflection on just the ship give it that warp thing the Enterprise did? Wow, I sound like a real geek now.

Check out some of my Shape3d tuts to see how it moves and alters images, if you haven't already.

List and links on my googlepage.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Check out some of my Shape3d tuts to see how it moves and alters images, if you haven't already.

List and links on my googlepage.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Thanks for the help, Ash. I'll take a look at your googlepage now. I'm excited to get into some 3d modeling. I forget who made the ps2 controller, but that was spectacular. Incidentally, water reflection gave me a nice warp effect on my ufo. I had to rotate it 90 degrees since the effect only points downward.

ufo2.png

By "now" I mean the next time I'm online since sleep beckons with an angry fist.

Thanks for the help, Ash. I'll take a look at your googlepage now. I'm excited to get into some 3d modeling. I forget who made the ps2 controller, but that was spectacular. Incidentally, water reflection gave me a nice warp effect on my ufo. I had to rotate it 90 degrees since the effect only points downward.

ufo2.png

By "now" I mean the next time I'm online since sleep beckons with an angry fist.

@ Storm.Shadow, I really like the bottle it is really fantastic. The smoke effect is very nice and looks so real. I can't seem to figure out how to do it just yet. Are the stars in the background a custom brush? They are so nice and smooth. I might have made the sizes vary a bit, but they are just beautiful.

"...that image looks fantastic, the only thing I noted was the key in the ghost hand...it looks like it's going to fall out of its hand. Perhaps lowering the opacity of the hands would give it a more ghostly appearance with a little glowing effect?"

Thanks very much ! I think I'll try your suggestion. What color do ghosts glow? My wife says green.

[/img]

I have no idea what color the ghost glow...if green, then I'm reminded of Slimy from "Ghostbusters." :lol: I have never seen a ghost so I couldn't honestly answer that question.

Your next picture with the heart and arrow looks to be such a sweet image for your wife. There's a lot of love there, isn't there? Just clean up the edge and smooth it out, and that will be a knock out picture. Yes, the stars was a custom brush I downloaded and converted to .png.

@Xander...thank you for your kind comment about the bottle. Some seem to not like the blurry bottle, and some like it. I suppose it's a matter of taste and interpretation. As for your remark about a geek, I consider myself a nerd and wear it proudly. My wife and I went to watch "Star Trek," and we loved it!