Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

I'd have to agree. I still need a lot of work on my planet textures. The stars are okay for now, but I'd still like to improve it.

Any tips? That would be greatly appreciated.

Light source for green and red planets should match the blue one (unless the star is *really* close, but then all the planets should be red and molten). Maybe move the small planet behind the blue one further into view or blur it a little where the blue planet's atmosphere covers it.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

I'd have to agree. I still need a lot of work on my planet textures. The stars are okay for now, but I'd still like to improve it.

Light source for green and red planets should match the blue one (unless the star is *really* close, but then all the planets should be red and molten). Maybe move the small planet behind the blue one further into view or blur it a little where the blue planet's atmosphere covers it.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

My bad Goonafella. I totally forgot.

I like the guitar image. Imo the side of it shouldnt be that dark. The part ehere the strings are on, it looks blury.

I like also the idea of the music notes on the book, but they could be a bit sharper

omExTE6.png

I like the guitar image. Imo the side of it shouldnt be that dark. The part ehere the strings are on, it looks blury.

I like also the idea of the music notes on the book, but they could be a bit sharper

omExTE6.png

omExTE6.png

omExTE6.png

No probs. We all slip up occassionally. :wink:

As for the blurry bits, I think that was probably down to a bit too much feathering and the sides could be a bit brighter. Alas I have merged the layers that matter so it`s hard to change that bit without affecting the rest.

The blurring on the book is intentional. I prefer it that way so it blends more into the background as the main focus is on the guitars.

Thanks for the input though.I `ll have a play around anyway to see what I can do. :D

I like the starry background on your planet pic.A nice variety of size and brightness.

Sort out the light source as Drakaan mentioned and it will be a lot better. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

As for the blurry bits, I think that was probably down to a bit too much feathering and the sides could be a bit brighter. Alas I have merged the layers that matter so it`s hard to change that bit without affecting the rest.

The blurring on the book is intentional. I prefer it that way so it blends more into the background as the main focus is on the guitars.

Thanks for the input though.I `ll have a play around anyway to see what I can do. :D

I like the starry background on your planet pic.A nice variety of size and brightness.

Sort out the light source as Drakaan mentioned and it will be a lot better. :wink:

@ jerkfight I like the look of the stars. There is a nice variety of sizes and brightness to them. Good job. I also like the red planet the best. It has a nice rough texture that adds to it's realism. One thing though, and I could be wrong, but I think a more orangeish red would look better than the bluish/purpleish red. What I like best the the nebulous gaseous clouds. I would add a little more of that to the image.

@ Goonfella AWESOME ! Great image. I think the music sheets look fine. I wouldn't expect them to be as sharp in focus as the guitars. First of all they are not the subject of the image and they are also farther back in the image to have the same sharpness. I really like how you picked up the music and used it as the background, but to do it in a reverse blueprint effect is brilliant. The only critique would be that the wood grain of the guitars is identical. There should be some variation to the woodgrain pattern. Other than that, this is one of the best images I've seen on here.

@ Welshblue you must have the patience of a Saint. The detail in your image is astounding. The rock wall just blows me away. The moon, clouds, and stars are, again, so detailed it amazes me. The crates also, so detailed. Wonderful image ! And I'm glad that the dolphin was able to escape any injury in the process.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@ jerkfight I like the look of the stars. There is a nice variety of sizes and brightness to them. Good job. I also like the red planet the best. It has a nice rough texture that adds to it's realism. One thing though, and I could be wrong, but I think a more orangeish red would look better than the bluish/purpleish red. What I like best the the nebulous gaseous clouds. I would add a little more of that to the image.

@ Goonfella AWESOME ! Great image. I think the music sheets look fine. I wouldn't expect them to be as sharp in focus as the guitars. First of all they are not the subject of the image and they are also farther back in the image to have the same sharpness. I really like how you picked up the music and used it as the background, but to do it in a reverse blueprint effect is brilliant. The only critique would be that the wood grain of the guitars is identical. There should be some variation to the woodgrain pattern. Other than that, this is one of the best images I've seen on here.

@ Welshblue you must have the patience of a Saint. The detail in your image is astounding. The rock wall just blows me away. The moon, clouds, and stars are, again, so detailed it amazes me. The crates also, so detailed. Wonderful image ! And I'm glad that the dolphin was able to escape any injury in the process.