Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@ Xander Lyon - Thanks and yes I could do a metalic finish on the spider I thought the one Yellowman did was pretty cool. Maybe a gold spider? I have been thinking about the spider though, just not in the way most people would think. I've looked at like more than a hundred photos of reflections to figure out the reflection part. I was thinking about keeping it red in the vein of Ash's robot and then add metalic parts to make it look more robotic. I don't know, there are so many options.

I know you will come up with an original version of the light saber. Each Jedi made his own, and you will too. And it will be unique to you and your style.

@ Yellowman and Xandery Lyon - The celtic knot is a font I have. It was done with the Alpha Mask using the 3D Engraved Text effect I learned from you Yellowman. I did things a little different to get the raised effect but it is basically the same procedure. I did do some hilights and shadows on the stone but with the varied colors, it's kind of hard to tell. I plan to make some changes to it when I put it in the final piece.

@ Tilo - Wow that little guy is awesome ! The finish is amazing. The hair, how did you do that? Is it a smudge?

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@ Xander Lyon - Thanks and yes I could do a metalic finish on the spider I thought the one Yellowman did was pretty cool. Maybe a gold spider? I have been thinking about the spider though, just not in the way most people would think. I've looked at like more than a hundred photos of reflections to figure out the reflection part. I was thinking about keeping it red in the vein of Ash's robot and then add metalic parts to make it look more robotic. I don't know, there are so many options.

I know you will come up with an original version of the light saber. Each Jedi made his own, and you will too. And it will be unique to you and your style.

@ Yellowman and Xandery Lyon - The celtic knot is a font I have. It was done with the Alpha Mask using the 3D Engraved Text effect I learned from you Yellowman. I did things a little different to get the raised effect but it is basically the same procedure. I did do some hilights and shadows on the stone but with the varied colors, it's kind of hard to tell. I plan to make some changes to it when I put it in the final piece.

@ Tilo - Wow that little guy is awesome ! The finish is amazing. The hair, how did you do that? Is it a smudge?

@Yellowman - What impressed me most about your piece was the colored metallic finish to the candle holders. I've been experimenting with colored chrome and couldn't seem to quite get it, but your candle holders are it. The detail on the candles themselves did not go unnoticed, either. I'm sure the candle cylinders did not originally have the tiny notches in the sides or top, where the wax swirls sit on top of one another.

galactic_military_sig2.png

@Yellowman - What impressed me most about your piece was the colored metallic finish to the candle holders. I've been experimenting with colored chrome and couldn't seem to quite get it, but your candle holders are it. The detail on the candles themselves did not go unnoticed, either. I'm sure the candle cylinders did not originally have the tiny notches in the sides or top, where the wax swirls sit on top of one another.

galactic_military_sig2.png

Some 3D candles, 100% PDN, 90% shape-3D, for any question about any part of the image feel free to ask, I will gladly help.

th_3candles.jpg

Wow ! Those are awesome ! All three are beautiful, but I really like the copper one. Copper is such an amazing metal, there is such a wide range of finishes it has. My favorite is the shiny new metal, but I also like the way it looks when it gets corroded and gets the blue patina.

Some 3D candles, 100% PDN, 90% shape-3D, for any question about any part of the image feel free to ask, I will gladly help.

th_3candles.jpg

Wow ! Those are awesome ! All three are beautiful, but I really like the copper one. Copper is such an amazing metal, there is such a wide range of finishes it has. My favorite is the shiny new metal, but I also like the way it looks when it gets corroded and gets the blue patina.