Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Hey, it's great! I like it. There's just a bit of things that look a little out of place - the control pad, for example. I think if you added shadow it would look a bit better.

This is an outer-spacey image I made. I made it in just a few minutes, but I'm quite happy with the results. It's based off of an image of the earth (it's blurred because it's moving), but it's been tweaked quite a bit. It's sort of a mix between realism and abstract, but it's more realistic than abstract, so I posted it here. Any comments/criticism would be accepted greatly.

abstractplanet.jpg

@MyChemicalSnowman

WOW! I thought that was an actual picture for a second. Great job! :D

I'm still pretty new at paint.net, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I decided to start playing with the layers, and I came up with this. It looks a little cartoony, so I'll keep playing with it.

Blue_Eye_by_vagitoe.jpg

Signature%5Bsmall%5D%20%28Finished%29.jpg

@VanCrusoe that is a pleasant looking little flower. such a happy piece, If that's your first image ever in this program I can't wait to see what you come up with in the near future. Lovely keep it up, keep the pictures coming.....

this is an experiment

canvas texture and gold image

" The blur between reality and imagination"

blurbetweencanvasandimage.png

@oma: Although I can clearly see a face in it, what is it supposed to be? As always great work, of course.

I have been playing with Ash's sunset tut, well actually I got to step 3 and then figured out a way I liked mine better. :P

sunset2.png

I don't like the orange part at about 1/4 (or 3/4) from the top, the rest I do like.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

I have been playing with Ash's sunset tut, well actually I got to step 3 and then figured out a way I liked mine better. :P

I don't like the orange part at about 1/4 (or 3/4) from the top, the rest I do like.

I really like it. The contrast between the green and orange is very striking and while I wouldn't thing of combining orange and that shade of green, you made it work very well. Very pleasing blending of the colors.

The only thing I would suggest would be that the detail at the waterline (edge of the reflection) should be more pronounced. It would make it appear that there is something on the other side of a lake or bay. You know like when you see a sunset of a lake and you can see the dark silhouette of a tree line across the lake and they reflect in the water along with the clouds and sunset.

This is something I just finished. I did the gemstone tut by Ash earlier this week and wanted to do something with the ruby I made and I thought talisman or amulet. I spent more time on this than anything I have done in PdN to date. It also has more layers than anything I've done. I also used Oma's palm leaf and made it metal for some added detail. The Opal is something I came up with after I did the gemstone tut because I wanted to do something with the gemstones I made and thought I needed an opal and some pearls to go with them. I know that I messed up some of the lighting hi-lights.

Click on thumb for the full size image.

th_TalismanAmulet.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@Possum Roadkill: That's really cool and realistic, but the opal looks kinda funky lol.

Just Testing:

LolPebbles.png

They look kinda flattish (and blurry although I never blurred)...

BTW: The background is just their so the stone things are on something

AbstractSmudgeZCTv2.png

:) Ah, it's good to see my tuts are still being used, Good job guys.

Sunset and Gems.

No surprise here, your work is very inspiring, as is Oma's. There are so many good artists on this forum it's pretty easy to soak up some of the talent through osmosis. There is inspiration around every corner.

ohhhhhh pretty! sparkly gemstones. and you used my palmleaf tut. wonderful work. very realistic looking. Those opals are really nice. is that noise?

ciao OMA

Yes it is noise. :wink: Added selective blurs to get the right look. I have always loved opals, the variety is astounding. The second pic is what I used as my model. I think with a little more work a pretty decent opal could be achieved.

Opal_8.jpg

opal.jpg

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

WOW Possum Roadkill ... that's an awesome job. Very, very realistic :shock:

I haven't posted in here for quite a while ...

th_finishedmedieval3.png

Stock used

Hidden Content:
medieval3stock.jpg

Where the wall and floor meets, too blurry, fuzzy...

And I'm sure you didn't need to use stock for the fire place.

I see you put a lot of work into this piece, good job.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Kirby is real? :shock:

Of course :lol:

@ Soul41 ... all of them?

It's mostly the color of the shadows that are throwing me off. In my mind, shadows are supposed to be fully black with various amounts of transparency depending on the lighting, but in your picture, it seems that the shadows are completely opaque.

AbstractSmudgeZCTv2.png

hehe. 8)

you can fix the shadows easily.

If they're on their own layer, then just use Hue/Saturation on the shadow layer, set the Lightness to -100. Then just lower layer opacity to match lighting etc.

Also, i'm guessing that the shadow between the wall and the floor is on its own layer. If i'm right, then invert the colours of it, and set its blend mode to colour burn and lower opacity. The edge where the wall and the floor meet is quite close, so you don't need to make the ends really dark. :)

Great work. The knight looks awesome. I love the texture of the stone wall. Must of taken ages.. :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.