Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@ Storm.Shadow, I really like the bottle it is really fantastic. The smoke effect is very nice and looks so real. I can't seem to figure out how to do it just yet. Are the stars in the background a custom brush? They are so nice and smooth. I might have made the sizes vary a bit, but they are just beautiful.

"...that image looks fantastic, the only thing I noted was the key in the ghost hand...it looks like it's going to fall out of its hand. Perhaps lowering the opacity of the hands would give it a more ghostly appearance with a little glowing effect?"

Thanks very much ! I think I'll try your suggestion. What color do ghosts glow? My wife says green.

[/img]

I have no idea what color the ghost glow...if green, then I'm reminded of Slimy from "Ghostbusters." :lol: I have never seen a ghost so I couldn't honestly answer that question.

Your next picture with the heart and arrow looks to be such a sweet image for your wife. There's a lot of love there, isn't there? Just clean up the edge and smooth it out, and that will be a knock out picture. Yes, the stars was a custom brush I downloaded and converted to .png.

@Xander...thank you for your kind comment about the bottle. Some seem to not like the blurry bottle, and some like it. I suppose it's a matter of taste and interpretation. As for your remark about a geek, I consider myself a nerd and wear it proudly. My wife and I went to watch "Star Trek," and we loved it!

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@Ash - All right, so I thought I was going to bed on time until I started looking at your tutorials. I read through them all and I'm dying to start making some eyes and gems etc. I'm also going to try out some rope making. Honestly, I forget right now if that one was you or not.

@Possum - This is an amazing community of people. Not only is everyone so friendly and helpful, but I found references to Firefly, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog, and StrongBad's Trogdor (burinanator). After I figure out Ash's eyeball I may have to go straight for the Death Star.

galactic_military_sig2.png

@Ash - All right, so I thought I was going to bed on time until I started looking at your tutorials. I read through them all and I'm dying to start making some eyes and gems etc. I'm also going to try out some rope making. Honestly, I forget right now if that one was you or not.

@Possum - This is an amazing community of people. Not only is everyone so friendly and helpful, but I found references to Firefly, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog, and StrongBad's Trogdor (burinanator). After I figure out Ash's eyeball I may have to go straight for the Death Star.

@ Storm.Shadow, I really like the bottle it is really fantastic. The smoke effect is very nice and looks so real. I can't seem to figure out how to do it just yet. Are the stars in the background a custom brush? They are so nice and smooth. I might have made the sizes vary a bit, but they are just beautiful.

"...that image looks fantastic, the only thing I noted was the key in the ghost hand...it looks like it's going to fall out of its hand. Perhaps lowering the opacity of the hands would give it a more ghostly appearance with a little glowing effect?"

Thanks very much ! I think I'll try your suggestion. What color do ghosts glow? My wife says green.

[/img]

I have no idea what color the ghost glow...if green, then I'm reminded of Slimy from "Ghostbusters." :lol: I have never seen a ghost so I couldn't honestly answer that question.

Your next picture with the heart and arrow looks to be such a sweet image for your wife. There's a lot of love there, isn't there? Just clean up the edge and smooth it out, and that will be a knock out picture. Yes, the stars was a custom brush I downloaded and converted to .png.

@Xander...thank you for your kind comment about the bottle. Some seem to not like the blurry bottle, and some like it. I suppose it's a matter of taste and interpretation. As for your remark about a geek, I consider myself a nerd and wear it proudly. My wife and I went to watch "Star Trek," and we loved it!

Yeah I kind of messed it up and didn't know how to fix it. She really liked it though :D The heart originally came from a logo I did for our local forum. I did this image th_LoveInColor.png

from the logo and then did the heart and arrow for her that weekend. Do you have any suggestions on how I could fix the heart? I would really like to get rid of the blurriness at the top. I know I enlarged the heart way too much and that is what caused it.

Oh btw, I think the green ghost glow is what I'll go with. I have seen a ghost but he didn't glow green, he was just kind of misty looking. (long story........) A green glow would be kind of Scooby Doo ghost looking.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

[/img]

Yeah I kind of messed it up and didn't know how to fix it. She really liked it though :D The heart originally came from a logo I did for our local forum. I did this image th_LoveInColor.png

from the logo and then did the heart and arrow for her that weekend. Do you have any suggestions on how I could fix the heart? I would really like to get rid of the blurriness at the top. I know I enlarged the heart way too much and that is what caused it.

Oh btw, I think the green ghost glow is what I'll go with. I have seen a ghost but he didn't glow green, he was just kind of misty looking. (long story........) A green glow would be kind of Scooby Doo ghost looking.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Okay, so it's obvious what I'm trying to do here, but oddly enough the saber part came out well enough just not the light. Ideally I'll have a detailed skin on the hilt in a future model. Anyway, let me know what you think and how I can fix this dang beam.

lightsaber1.png

Incidentally, thanks, Ash, for the eyeball tutorial. That led to a decent looking 8ball that just needs some aliasing work on the actual number and a shadow.

Okay, so it's obvious what I'm trying to do here, but oddly enough the saber part came out well enough just not the light. Ideally I'll have a detailed skin on the hilt in a future model. Anyway, let me know what you think and how I can fix this dang beam.

lightsaber1.png

Incidentally, thanks, Ash, for the eyeball tutorial. That led to a decent looking 8ball that just needs some aliasing work on the actual number and a shadow.

@Xander...if you fixed the perspective of the beam to be more inline with the handle, it will be a banged on job there.

@Possum...if you can turn the heart into an alpha mask, that will probably help clean up the edge of the heart. To fix the blur, maybe if you played around with Sharpen or Sharpen+ that could help?

@Xander...if you fixed the perspective of the beam to be more inline with the handle, it will be a banged on job there.

@Possum...if you can turn the heart into an alpha mask, that will probably help clean up the edge of the heart. To fix the blur, maybe if you played around with Sharpen or Sharpen+ that could help?

@Possum - With the arrow, It looks like it is actually going behind the heart, so what i do when i draw images similar...is actually have the arrow showing and going though the heart about 1/4 of the way in, Other than that it's Great!

@Xander - I have to agree, that Angle of the Beam is rather Offset compared to the handle...And i think that the white bits on the edge make it look worse, Maybe adding a blue glow to it would help?

And now for my latest image...I had trouble getting the shape of this exactly right but i think i got it close enough, And the stalk doesn't look right but...Here we go

fvgxmw.png

EDIT-1000th post on this thread!

@Possum - With the arrow, It looks like it is actually going behind the heart, so what i do when i draw images similar...is actually have the arrow showing and going though the heart about 1/4 of the way in, Other than that it's Great!

@Xander - I have to agree, that Angle of the Beam is rather Offset compared to the handle...And i think that the white bits on the edge make it look worse, Maybe adding a blue glow to it would help?

And now for my latest image...I had trouble getting the shape of this exactly right but i think i got it close enough, And the stalk doesn't look right but...Here we go

fvgxmw.png

EDIT-1000th post on this thread!

Excellent ! Maybe the stem could be blended in a bit better. It seems to be perched on top of the apple a bit.Everything else is fine. :wink:

I know how tricky it is to get the shape - I tried this tut as well. Got there in the end though. Try using the bulge plug in. You`ll have to play around with the settings but that`s how I did mine. You can see it in my gallery. :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Excellent ! Maybe the stem could be blended in a bit better. It seems to be perched on top of the apple a bit.Everything else is fine. :wink:

I know how tricky it is to get the shape - I tried this tut as well. Got there in the end though. Try using the bulge plug in. You`ll have to play around with the settings but that`s how I did mine. You can see it in my gallery. :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Oh thanks Goonfella!You reminded me that i forgot to post that i used a Photoshop Tutorial...Thanks for reminding me... :oops:

Oh thanks Goonfella!You reminded me that i forgot to post that i used a Photoshop Tutorial...Thanks for reminding me... :oops:

a pineapple's so hard to draw, I'd like to give it a 3d look but I cannot achieve it with the leafs. I'd model it but I was never able to do it.

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

a pineapple's so hard to draw, I'd like to give it a 3d look but I cannot achieve it with the leafs. I'd model it but I was never able to do it.

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

Nice apple there MyChemicalSnowman, from the skin color it looks sour :?

:lol::lol::lol: I was trying to reach some good texture for a planet and I got this, well I said it ok at least it's sweet :lol: but who knows :roll:

th_watermelon760x600.jpg

Need to work on the shine/highlights...too much. IMO.

And the lower part of the watermelon that seems to reflect the floor...Gray parts.

But over all pretty good.

And, it might look even better if you have 1 cut open. :idea: :idea: :?: :?:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Nice apple there MyChemicalSnowman, from the skin color it looks sour :?

:lol::lol::lol: I was trying to reach some good texture for a planet and I got this, well I said it ok at least it's sweet :lol: but who knows :roll:

th_watermelon760x600.jpg

Need to work on the shine/highlights...too much. IMO.

And the lower part of the watermelon that seems to reflect the floor...Gray parts.

But over all pretty good.

And, it might look even better if you have 1 cut open. :idea: :idea: :?: :?:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]