Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@Possum Roadkill....for a 2D graphic application, your spider is over awesome, it is really hard to create a 3D object with a 2D program, and over that you wanna add depth, reflection and shadow, that will take forever, but the image you achieved is good, I like it very much, and if you have an ambitious to start creating 3D objects, try to learn and use some 3D graphic designers, there is some good ones and free, some times they save 90% of the time for some complicated objects,

I gave some life to your spider :lol: hope you will enjoy it:

Warning : The normal size of the file

is 1.95 Mgb, that will take long time

to view it on a slow internet

th_spider3.gif

@Possum Roadkill....for a 2D graphic application, your spider is over awesome, it is really hard to create a 3D object with a 2D program, and over that you wanna add depth, reflection and shadow, that will take forever, but the image you achieved is good, I like it very much, and if you have an ambitious to start creating 3D objects, try to learn and use some 3D graphic designers, there is some good ones and free, some times they save 90% of the time for some complicated objects,

I gave some life to your spider :lol: hope you will enjoy it:

Warning : The normal size of the file

is 1.95 Mgb, that will take long time

to view it on a slow internet

th_spider3.gif

3D using PDN? It's not too hard if you put your mind to it.

We have many users who can do a nice job.

Possum Roadkill seems to be willing to take the challenge.

I usually offer more help to those who are willing to push their limits, if they want my help.

I know I'm a bare bones newbie, but that seems to be part of the joy of using PDN. That is to say, the challenge of doing great things with a program that may not always appear as great as others at doing what resident artists around here can do. If I really wanted to, I could find a 3d rendering program that would make creating realistic robots a veritable breeze. However, I feel like I'm learning so much more by doing things "the hard way". I appreciate elder members I've seen here who are willing to teach, but even more the members who are willing to learn. Could you imagine how useful it would be even to know how to alias/anti-alias by hand (i.e. choosing colors and varying transparencies and applying with the pencil, brush, line, and/or shape)? I'm babbling at this point, but y'all understand me. Enjoy the learning process in anything. It's worth it.

galactic_military_sig2.png

3D using PDN? It's not too hard if you put your mind to it.

We have many users who can do a nice job.

Possum Roadkill seems to be willing to take the challenge.

I usually offer more help to those who are willing to push their limits, if they want my help.

I know I'm a bare bones newbie, but that seems to be part of the joy of using PDN. That is to say, the challenge of doing great things with a program that may not always appear as great as others at doing what resident artists around here can do. If I really wanted to, I could find a 3d rendering program that would make creating realistic robots a veritable breeze. However, I feel like I'm learning so much more by doing things "the hard way". I appreciate elder members I've seen here who are willing to teach, but even more the members who are willing to learn. Could you imagine how useful it would be even to know how to alias/anti-alias by hand (i.e. choosing colors and varying transparencies and applying with the pencil, brush, line, and/or shape)? I'm babbling at this point, but y'all understand me. Enjoy the learning process in anything. It's worth it.

@ Yellowman, I love the animated spider ! That is so cool ! I did your animated circle text and really enjoyed it. While I have done some animation with the older Jasc Animation Shop 3, I have not yet tried to do anything like that in PdN although I know it is quite possible now. I have the 3D program Blender, but I have never installed it. I downloaded it the same day that I downloaded PdN and I never got around to doing anything with it. Hmmm, I wonder why? :lol: From what I have read, it is a really powerful open source 3D modeler and animation package. I still intend to do so some day, but right now I think I have way too much to learn with this program. I know that everything I learn here will help me when I get to Blender.

@ Ash Agreed that there are many artists who do fantastic 3D work on this forum, Yellowman is one I have enjoyed learning from his tutorials. I am still amazed by some of the images you have created. They have such depth and realism, the glass ball in the desert sand (to me it looks like desert sand) is one of my favorites as is your premier piece that inspired my spider. I though to myself, if Ash's "More Than Meets The Eye" had a pet spider it would look like this. Hence the red coloration of the spider. I originally meant to add more robotic detail to it but realized that I was already in pretty deep. :lol: I hope to add more detail to future versions. I appreciate your suggestions and welcome any help you would be willing to give. I am always happy to push the envelope. I would not be where I am in life had I not.

@ Xander Lyon. I echo your comments ! I also wanted to tell you how much I like your latest version of your light saber. The handle is awesome and the beam is right on the money. Very good job. Now I can't wait to see your version of Han Solo's blaster.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@ Yellowman, I love the animated spider ! That is so cool ! I did your animated circle text and really enjoyed it. While I have done some animation with the older Jasc Animation Shop 3, I have not yet tried to do anything like that in PdN although I know it is quite possible now. I have the 3D program Blender, but I have never installed it. I downloaded it the same day that I downloaded PdN and I never got around to doing anything with it. Hmmm, I wonder why? :lol: From what I have read, it is a really powerful open source 3D modeler and animation package. I still intend to do so some day, but right now I think I have way too much to learn with this program. I know that everything I learn here will help me when I get to Blender.

@ Ash Agreed that there are many artists who do fantastic 3D work on this forum, Yellowman is one I have enjoyed learning from his tutorials. I am still amazed by some of the images you have created. They have such depth and realism, the glass ball in the desert sand (to me it looks like desert sand) is one of my favorites as is your premier piece that inspired my spider. I though to myself, if Ash's "More Than Meets The Eye" had a pet spider it would look like this. Hence the red coloration of the spider. I originally meant to add more robotic detail to it but realized that I was already in pretty deep. :lol: I hope to add more detail to future versions. I appreciate your suggestions and welcome any help you would be willing to give. I am always happy to push the envelope. I would not be where I am in life had I not.

@ Xander Lyon. I echo your comments ! I also wanted to tell you how much I like your latest version of your light saber. The handle is awesome and the beam is right on the money. Very good job. Now I can't wait to see your version of Han Solo's blaster.

I don’t come around for a few days and when I get back the place is crawling with spiders. How fun! The light saber was fun too; I haven’t seen anyone do one of those in a while. Very nice!

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

I don’t come around for a few days and when I get back the place is crawling with spiders. How fun! The light saber was fun too; I haven’t seen anyone do one of those in a while. Very nice!

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Made a few planetscapes (planet studies) with the first being:

Let There Be Light

Seangorter_ltblight_800.jpg

... second:

Devoid

Seangorter_devoid_800.jpg

Shape3D is my primary help!!!

EDIT: I still haven't found a way to add solar flare to the sun, so don't blame me for that mistake.

Signature pending.

Until then feel free to criticize my current signature by PMing me.

Made a few planetscapes (planet studies) with the first being:

Let There Be Light

Seangorter_ltblight_800.jpg

... second:

Devoid

Seangorter_devoid_800.jpg

Shape3D is my primary help!!!

EDIT: I still haven't found a way to add solar flare to the sun, so don't blame me for that mistake.

Signature pending.

Until then feel free to criticize my current signature by PMing me.

@P-awesome: Thank you much :) It's almost embarrassing looking at the first lightsaber I posted here a while back. You're on, by the way. You read my mind. I hadn't thought specifically of Han's blaster, but a gun of some sort was definitely next on the list. Tapering a cylinder and making the handle will be quite a challenge I believe. With you and Ash as inspiration, I may try General Grevious one day.

@Janettsue: thanks to you too :) I'm glad my little retro piece didn't go unnoticed.

@h3llb0yn3cr0: holy smokes, man, I like your stars. I'm looking forward to the flares you mentioned.

@P-awesome: Thank you much :) It's almost embarrassing looking at the first lightsaber I posted here a while back. You're on, by the way. You read my mind. I hadn't thought specifically of Han's blaster, but a gun of some sort was definitely next on the list. Tapering a cylinder and making the handle will be quite a challenge I believe. With you and Ash as inspiration, I may try General Grevious one day.

@Janettsue: thanks to you too :) I'm glad my little retro piece didn't go unnoticed.

@h3llb0yn3cr0: holy smokes, man, I like your stars. I'm looking forward to the flares you mentioned.

@ Xander Lyon I can't wait to see it. I was just watching the Clone Wars animated series. BTW Your light saber looks just like one that one of he Jedi's (can't even begin to spell the name) has, I mean JUST LIKE IT ! I think Han's blaster would be the one to do because it's the most recognizable.

@h3llb0yn3cr0 I like these but Devoid is something really special. Very nice image. I can't wait to see the solar flares. I was messing around last night an I had something that I had just ran through the Shape 3D and I then tried the Tube Oblique plug-in and it did something that looked like it would work as a solar flare if the colors were the same as your sun. You will have to mess around with the settings a little to find the right setting. Sorry, I can't remember what they were but you can give it a try.

I did another Talisman using a new texture I came up with the other night. It reminds me of a stone I have a friend gave me years ago. My dad also had several like this that he got in the Southwest US, maybe Arizona or New Mexico. I'm not sure what it is, but it's the big stone in the middle.

TalismanAmulet2_Sm.png

@ Xander Lyon I can't wait to see it. I was just watching the Clone Wars animated series. BTW Your light saber looks just like one that one of he Jedi's (can't even begin to spell the name) has, I mean JUST LIKE IT ! I think Han's blaster would be the one to do because it's the most recognizable.

@h3llb0yn3cr0 I like these but Devoid is something really special. Very nice image. I can't wait to see the solar flares. I was messing around last night an I had something that I had just ran through the Shape 3D and I then tried the Tube Oblique plug-in and it did something that looked like it would work as a solar flare if the colors were the same as your sun. You will have to mess around with the settings a little to find the right setting. Sorry, I can't remember what they were but you can give it a try.

I did another Talisman using a new texture I came up with the other night. It reminds me of a stone I have a friend gave me years ago. My dad also had several like this that he got in the Southwest US, maybe Arizona or New Mexico. I'm not sure what it is, but it's the big stone in the middle.

TalismanAmulet2_Sm.png

@possum - I love the talisman. What impresses me most is probably the celtic knot in the middle, actually, with the way the lines are all interlaced. I know you probably didn't want to think much about the spider more, but I had a question. Is there any way you could metallicize the body? It's an excellent 3d design, but I don't get that hard/shiny metal feel from the skin. As a test, I created an "egg" to match the back end of it (thorax?) and tried to apply barkbark00's chrome text technique with awful results. Hmm, maybe making the chrome first then applying the red tint would work. At any rate, just a thought. Oh, the saber I used was a near direct copy from a toy version I found through yahoo. :) That's pretty sweet that you just happened to see the one I made in the Clone Wars.

@possum - I love the talisman. What impresses me most is probably the celtic knot in the middle, actually, with the way the lines are all interlaced. I know you probably didn't want to think much about the spider more, but I had a question. Is there any way you could metallicize the body? It's an excellent 3d design, but I don't get that hard/shiny metal feel from the skin. As a test, I created an "egg" to match the back end of it (thorax?) and tried to apply barkbark00's chrome text technique with awful results. Hmm, maybe making the chrome first then applying the red tint would work. At any rate, just a thought. Oh, the saber I used was a near direct copy from a toy version I found through yahoo. :) That's pretty sweet that you just happened to see the one I made in the Clone Wars.

thTheObiWan_thumbnail.png

Xander_Lyon...this version is excellent, I like the handles details very much its really well done, looks so real.

th_TalismanAmulet2_Sm.png

And Possum Roadkill....the new Talisman is awesome , I agree with Xander_Lyon about the knot its very nice, and I like also the red background looks like a real cloth with its highlights and shades , you can add some bevel effect to the big stone, (like white and black) to give it some depth, but it looks great anyways.

thTheObiWan_thumbnail.png

Xander_Lyon...this version is excellent, I like the handles details very much its really well done, looks so real.

th_TalismanAmulet2_Sm.png

And Possum Roadkill....the new Talisman is awesome , I agree with Xander_Lyon about the knot its very nice, and I like also the red background looks like a real cloth with its highlights and shades , you can add some bevel effect to the big stone, (like white and black) to give it some depth, but it looks great anyways.

@Yellowman - Thank you much. I appreciate it :) I'll probably do another lightsaber later on with a unique handle design. As much as I enjoy making something decent like this, it's still not original . . . or at least not as original as I'd like. But thanks again, I consider this is my first "good" submission here.

@Yellowman - Thank you much. I appreciate it :) I'll probably do another lightsaber later on with a unique handle design. As much as I enjoy making something decent like this, it's still not original . . . or at least not as original as I'd like. But thanks again, I consider this is my first "good" submission here.