Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@ Olav ... an accidental discovery ...

th_olav1.jpg th_olav2.jpg

Put your wood texture on top and play with opacity, set to overlay ;)

So I tried it out, kind of.. :roll:

wood2.png

Didn't quite manage to get the splintered effect in your picture, so I rather messed around with it a bit.

Even though the outcome differs I think your hexagonal grid base really added a cool effect to the wood, so thanks :P

dragonseyesig.png

Wow, another amazing wood texture Welshblue ! You never cease to amaze me with the wood textures you create.

@ Olav, your's came out beautifully !

Speaking of wood. This is some of the wood texture technique I've picked up from Welshblue in the past year and a half. Also, when I had trouble with getting the strings to look realistic, he had an answer for that as well. This is a continuation of the Bluegrass pieces I started last year.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/GuitarBodyAndAbalone2A.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Awesome Welshblue, love the background, is it an edited version of another day gone? those muted out colours give a nice atmosphere.

(I've already Faved it on Deviantart)

Here is my most recent spacescape,

Don't Fail Me Now:

dontfailmenow.th.png

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

@Falken, doesn't really seem like you but the texture is great :lol: Although i do not (like Chrisco) like the rings. And im sure your going to add a spectacular Nebula/Galaxy thingamabob in the background B)

@Bizor, A neat idea you have. Although the (tiles?) themselves are a little blurry and AA. Otherwise its a pretty cool idea. Maybe think about adding some water to it?

Edited by Mayor_McSteeze

@ Bizor: Don't really know what it's supposed to be, so dunno if it's very realistic or not. I still like it though, it has a cool futuristic feel to it. Don't think it looks completely finished though, it does have potential so it would be cool to see if you could work it into a bigger picture.

@ LFC4EVER: Seeing the thumbnails I thought it was just going to be a clouds, noise, motionblur kind of fur, but that looks really good. The (lighter) wavy hairs stand out in a good way, making the fur look "sharp" and detailed.

dragonseyesig.png

@ LFC4EVER: Seeing the thumbnails I thought it was just going to be a clouds, noise, motionblur kind of fur, but that looks really good. The (lighter) wavy hairs stand out in a good way, making the fur look "sharp" and detailed.

Thanks. :)

the lighter hairs stand out because each shade of each strand of hair was done invdividually (gradient bars :)), but i've still gotta get the layered look right, it seems off to me at second glance.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thanks. :)

the lighter hairs stand out because each shade of each strand of hair was done invdividually (gradient bars :)), but i've still gotta get the layered look right, it seems off to me at second glance.

All in all, I think it looks pretty amazing. I can't even think of how you did that. Looks like bear fur. Grizzly bear fur, the meanest fur around. :lol:

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I've commented on it before, but can repeat that I think the phone looks excellent. I agree with chrisco97 that it's a bit pixelated/aliased in some areas, but that's the only flaw in a great looking picture. I think the background looks good too, kinda looks like northern lights. :)

Here's one from me:

clearwater.png

100% PDN

dragonseyesig.png

Here's one from me:clearwater.png100% PDN

It looks great! One suggestion: use a small touch of color on the clouds and on the water. Even a barely visible tint would make a large difference. A slight blue on the clouds and a touch of green in the water would do the trick. Then make the land a little more hazy. Add some clouds and decrease transparency perhaps. The colors there are too vibrant. Other than that, it looks pretty real!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo