Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

yeah looks better ;)

any hints on how you did the glow?

or was it just the glow plugin?

Thanks! I did use glow, but i drew the lines in white first, then added colour. It was quite easy IMO :P

If you want the .pdn i can give it to you (learning rights only).

Krutch-it, i pm'd you.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Erase the swirls when they're supposed to go behind the car. A bit of a weird flow if you ask me.

Done for v2. The flow.. well, my excuse is.. its not supposed to have flow. :P

It should. Even Stalin's propaganda poster have flow.

stalin.png

Yours is bottom-right to top left. Because the line were over the car, it had a weird flow. Looks better now IMO.

Nab sent me a PM, which he said my sig is trying to convey motion, and he's right. Hamilton's car has just turned, so thats why the lines are not going in one direction.

Here's the original so you can see the turn: Clicky!

_________

Well, here's my first attempt at a vertical sig.

sig1.pngsig2.png

Merry Christmas

@LFC4EVER: I think the blue one is better, because the lighter part is just lighter, not red. By the way, it is far too big for a sig.

Thanks. Yes, its too big for a sig on this forum, but others it isn't.

Those are neat. I've never heard of vertical sigs before. It's neat, but there's too much room at the top, even though it kinda looks cool to me, I think others would find it annoying/distracting. Post the v3 you have of it :P

Well now you do know about vertical sigs. I agree that theres too much room at the top (members on another forum said that too). But, I do have a v3! So..

v3:

sig1v3.png

Merry Christmas

@LFC4EVER : I LOVE IT! It's my 1st time seeing a vertical sig and it blows me away! I like the blue better it has a better blend of colors. The red has too many differ of colors [ warm and cool colors ] I would love to see more if possible. Too bad it cant be used :( Dang...

@hyrule: i like the avatar but the borders could use some glow or feathering. And as for yur sig, yur rays need some :AntiAliasingOn:

PS. No comments on mine? Anyone? Hello~? :( FYI it's on the previous page :(

techicolorsiguw3.png

L i f e I s C o l o r f u l

I like the vertical as well but I still think Lewis is better.

Here my new av:

KnightAv1.jpg

Only stumbled across the effect with the Knight when I used the magic wand and deleted half of him! I started adding gradients to see what would happen and was pleasantly surprised at the result.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Hero, unless criticism has already been given to the sig above you, you can't post a sig. Unless you add criticism yourself.

@pipp: I'll be honest with you. The background is blurry, the pen is jaggy and blurry at the same time, and it has too much contrast. :|

@ hyrule: metroid sig: did you use the metroid sig tut? I think i read that tut. and, it looks nice so far. There's something a bit off about it (maybe the "transition" of the guy to the fire/shot? where the 'fire' outline turns form gold to red?), but I'm sure you'll do fine :D Post the end result when you've got it!

And I like the Yoshi one! 'yoshi' seems a bit hard to read, but I love mario and anything related lol :P

Here's one of mine I made today:

assasincreedsig.png

I tried to keep the flow in mind and the I tried to focus the contrast on the focal point (Altair, hopefully :/), so..tell me how I did please :D

@Kemaru: Because when it was just white letters, I could barely see it and I thought blue would make it even more invisible since everything else is blue. I guess I could've made the font one size bigger, eh? And, I think all I did with bg was jitter a copied render of Altair over it and put it in a different layer mode (like difference or something). Lol. Thanks for the feedback :D