Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

:cry:

been trying for ages to get more realistic flowers

but still not there need some help how do you make the petals appear to have a bit of thickness but not chunky looking? as they are now they have no substance, they should be thicker than paper!

th_needhelpondoingabitbetterpetals.png

I think the trick would be to add a bit of shading on the sides, and maybe to sharpen the whole thing. You're doing an excellent job as is though :)

I agree with Blooper, more shading would aid in making the petals seem thicker.

Hi guys, I'm kinda trying to get a velvet-ish kind of texture and all I got till now was this

ef967d1da7c28590df3071853ba21a6d.png

but I didn't get what I wanted, i was aiming for something more fur-ish

Have you tried ash's tutorial and Mustang Maverick's tutorial on the subject? They might aid you :wink:

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

miguel think you are on correct track. maybe some erode and a bit of fracture blur ??

@Ash the brush strokes.... is that dents stretched? like them but the petals are too symetric and uniform for a true flower.

this is my revised version tilted layer a bit back and close up, added the highlights and lowlights that gave a bit more thickness to the petals. still not 100% on the centre. perhaps I'll leave that for next attempt.

th_candyflowernearingcompletionnumber3.png

I'm considering this attempt done (larger version in my gallery) I will tackle a harder on next go round.

velvet or fur?

Furry velvet?

Furry velvet :D

th_cu9168velvet.jpg

Like that?

more like a close up on the velvet so that you can see the fur

miguel think you are on correct track. maybe some erode and a bit of fracture blur ??

Okay oma I'm gonna try that, and btw your flower is getting truly a remarkable work, an opinion? try to make the front petals coming from the inside even more.

there is some wonderful work here. i have tried this many times (appr: 5) and finally got the eye.

i could not quite get the slit pupil and also a white background for the eye with black ring around the outside.this takes a lot of time when you don't know what your''re doing. it sure is fun though. heres my image3rdtryfinallygoteye.png

bluewolf.jpg

I thought this would actually be the more appropriate place to post this, since I am looking for constructive criticism and advice on how to improve this piece.

I added some texture-ish details on the left side. It's a palm tree leaf, which can be found here.

Click here. You'll help stop global warming too!*

*okay not really.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Did you make that manip?? It's really great!

Oh- and if all you did was add the leaf - you still did an awesome job - because it blends in perfectly behind the light!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Actually, I added the leaf after a string of other changes brought up by my fellow PDNers. I just thought about it, and I thought it would fit more appropriately here. The previous versions are in Desktop Art. There I list all the stocks used and stuff, so you can judge my 1337ness.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

lol, 1337 ness...

Really amazing job man! You made the headphones really look as if they are being worn by the jaguar - (cheetah?)

Looks amazing! - And the fact that you applied the rule of thirds adds an interesting twist to it as well.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

Ooh, but now that I look at it- I do see some problems.

The focus point is both the animal's head - and the trees in the background. Also - since it's legs are coming up infront of the head, the blur should be applied differently than on around its back. In my opinion.

Ooh, but now that I look at it- I do see some problems.

The focus point is both the animal's head - and the trees in the background.

Yeah, good point. I'll fix that. :P

Also - since it's legs are coming up infront of the head, the blur should be applied differently than on around its back. In my opinion.

Well, the legs are technically "behind" the head, and my view of field of depth is distance, not position. :o

I don't know. I'll see if it looks better if I do it your way.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Thanks LJXD. :)

Anyways, the contest allows for multiple entries. Since the jaguar one was almost pretty much done, I decided to start another one. I for one, think this is a brilliant concept. It's like a jungle, a forest of microphones, and I had a snake wrapped around one of them. Once again, I used the Rule of Thirds, and depth of field. I think it turned out okay, but I still need advice for this one as well, because it needs some improvement.

Click nao!

I used 3 stocks.

The microphone, the snake, and the background snakeskin texture.

Advanced critique highly appreciated.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

A jungle of microphones! Brilliant!

The snake background (top where it wraps around mike) doesn't look quite right - I think that since it's behind the mike, it should be shaded a little more.

I dunno, the last one turned out fantastic - you do what you want.

A jungle of microphones! Brilliant!

The snake background (top where it wraps around mike) doesn't look quite right - I think that since it's behind the mike, it should be shaded a little more.

I dunno, the last one turned out fantastic - you do what you want.

Thanks for the tip Nab, I'll make it a bit darker. :wink:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png