Paint.NET v3.20 *ALPHA* is now available

Ironically, the lightning bolt looks fine, even though it doesn't fit at all...

Actually it does kinda make sense. When lightning strikes, it only impacts a very local and specific area. That was my reasoning for choosing it, at least for now.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

This is a bunch of updated plugins for the alpha version 3.20.

I will update the respective topics when the final release will be published.

/Known bugs/ Ctrl+F doesn't work with the plugins using the new UI methode droplist... :(

This package includes:

Lightray.DLL (new mode : gradient as ray, try it!)

Majority.DLL (drop down lists replace sliders) Ctrl+F doesn't work!

Seamlesstexturemaker.DLL (drop down lists replace sliders) Ctrl+F doesn't work!

XYCoord.DLL (font size added, and XY offset with a vector)

Confirmed. Sepia is currently equivalent to B&W and screws up the history stuff. I've filed a bug. Thanks!

No problem. Apologies for the image I provided, I was being rushed off the Internet (was about 3 AM) and in my haste I had posted the wrong comparison screenshot. I know, excuses...

Anyway, glad you found it and you have it under control. Thanks again for the Alpha, the selection modes will come in dire need during the coming days.

EDIT: comparison screenshot has been updated for reference by others.

Plugin Error:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ShadowHighlight.dll

Effect Name: ShadowHighlight.EffectPlugin

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: 0 is not a valid value for Radius

at PaintDotNet.PropertySystem.Property.set_Value(Object value)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffectConfigToken.SetPropertyValue(Object propertyName, Object newValue)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BlurEffect.OnSetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BlurEffect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at ShadowHighlight.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Rick, do I need to revise my code?

Shadow/Highlight plugin uses minimum gaussian blur radius 0 - just because it is possible in PDN 3.10. Why not in 3.20?

Uh, can we have like a temporary thread in the plugins section when 3.20 is released, called "3.20 plugin updates" or something, where plugin authors can post links to their thread if they have updated it for 3.20, so that we know which ones have been updated?

I'd rather suggest that anyone who has made more than 3 effects bundles them in a zip (like MadJik). If they would be posted in the release thread of the final version, there wouldn't be a need to make a new topic.

I have a question about effects.

Now Glow have radius between 1 and 20 (previous is 0-20)

Soften Portrait rave softness 1 and 10 (previous is 0-10)

The effect at zero is the same at 1(one) in 3.20?

I think that zero scale is out of others controls too. :)

shinigami.jpg

Thanks to translate Paint.Net to Portuguese Brazil.

I have a question about effects.

Now Glow have radius between 1 and 20 (previous is 0-20)

Soften Portrait rave softness 1 and 10 (previous is 0-10)

The effect at zero is the same at 1(one) in 3.20?

I think that zero scale is out of others controls too. :)

0 means no effect. Why should you run the effect for no effect? I think it's why 0 is out now!

0 means no effect. Why should you run the effect for no effect? I think it's why 0 is out now!

Glow and Soften Portrait use the combination of two other effects, maybe in many situations I want 0 of softness or 0 of in radius.

Zero is important to me. :oops:

Edit: I use zero for example to clean scanned figures. :mrgreen:

shinigami.jpg

Thanks to translate Paint.Net to Portuguese Brazil.

Glow and Soften Portrait use the combination of two other effects, maybe in many situations I want 0 of softness or 0 of in radius.

Now come to think of it, I do this quite often too.... :?

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I really wish you all wouldn't rely on things working even though they're not supposed to. I end up with a huge backwards compatibility burden to maintain.

The blur with a radius of 0 was supposed to be fixed with a compatibility prop. I've reopened the bug.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Seems to be working as I justed view the plugin error logs and got this one.

1 of 1
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EdHarvey.Effects.dll
     Effect Name: EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.SurfaceBlurEffect
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method.  Type: 'EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.SurfaceBlurEffect'.  Assembly: 'EdHarvey.Effects, Version=0.6.2690.12793, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I just ran into trouble whit the sharpen+ plug-in. Nothing seams to happen. And when I try to cancel, it comes up with an error.

Looks like Rick has made an excellent update, but some plug-in need to be fixed to work in the new environment. Until then, I suggest to copy the old paint.NET folder to a USB stick before updating. Then you can always use that if your favorite plug-in doesn’t work.

Thanks for the great work, Rick.

EDIT: Just tried my USB stick. A bit more work. But sharpen+ worked like a charm again. I love that plug-in.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Clicking on the arrow heads when drawing a line causes a crash.

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.
Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.20 (Alpha Release build 3.20.2858.804)
Time of crash: 11/6/2007 10:04:58 AM
Application uptime: 00:06:31.5269544
OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86
.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.832 x86
Processor: 1x "Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1500MHz" @ ~1498MHz (SSE, SSE2)
Physical memory: 510 MB
Tablet PC: no
Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: en-US, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Exception details:
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton' to type 'System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton'.
  at PaintDotNet.ToolConfigStrip.PenCapSplitButton_DropDownOpening(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.OnDropDownShow(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.ShowDropDownInternal()
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.ShowDropDown(Boolean mousePush)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.ToolStripEx.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, so far I've gotten used to the new Plug-in menu system already, and found really no new bugs, though PDN still brings attention back to PDN once a effect has finished rendering on the canvas.

The only "errors" which come up plug-in wise, are the ones already reported aswell.

As for the updated plug-in's, the centering system really works like a charm.

To be honest, I could pretty much stay with this for a while, really.

I agree with her, i mean opening that soften effect gives you the categories, softness, warmth and brightness, right? In my case it i pretty much like the after effect when you put softness to zero then adjust the brightness and and lessen the warmth or make it zero, it looks good, here's what i mean:

38942386bl1.jpg

In exhibit 1 the original photo,was shot using my N6630 anyways i'm gonna need a better cam for my photos for me to have better image quality, so this phone is roughly 1.3 mega pixels only.

In exhibit 2 i used 0 softness and zero warmth and zero brightness and some luminosity adjustment using curves +, so basically it already did do a great effect having a difference from the original, for me it looks really better and it looks like it was shot using a higher mega pixelled camera.

In exhibit 3 i used 1 softness 1 warmth and zero brightness added the same luminosity adjustment just like in exhibit 2, for me it looks blurry and stuff, very different from exhibit 2 and looking from this distance i like exhibit 2 better than 3.

In exhibit 4 i added some stuffs to make it more artistic (i think...) still added the same luminosity adjustments just like in exhibit 2.

So there you go hope you guys won't eliminate 0 it's really Important for me and to the others i guess.

sigar5.gif