Paint.NET v3.20 *ALPHA* is now available

Rick Brewster

i know the difference between sepia and black and white, but i was talking about the undo, it doesnt always completely undo your last action

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

i know the difference between sepia and black and white, but i was talking about the undo, it doesnt always completely undo your last action

Known issue, and already fixed for the next update.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I upgraded to 3.20 but I don't have the surface blur anymore. What happened?

File -> View Plugin Load Errors...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Purplehayz,

Run Paint.NET

Click the File menu

Click the "View Plugin load errors" menu entry

This will show you the following error:

1 of 1
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EdHarvey.Effects.dll
     Effect Name: EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.SurfaceBlurEffect
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method.  Type: 'EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.SurfaceBlurEffect'.  Assembly: 'EdHarvey.Effects, Version=0.6.2690.12793, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

This explains why the Edfects plugin didn't load properly.

He's working on a fix. You're just gonna have to wait.

Alright. With the new selection modes, once you have made a new selection other than "replace", if you click outside of the image it wont simply "unclip" the selection. I have to go back to replace in order to "unclip" the selection. Correct me if I am wrong :|

signature.png

I know in the effects list you no longer have to click the down arrow a bunch to find the effect you want, that is very nice, the new menu will take a little geting used to though

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

I know in the effects list you no longer have to click the down arrow a bunch to find the effect you want, that is very nice, the new menu will take a little geting used to though

Well I have wanted that for quite some time :D very happy with the menu. :mrgreen:

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

Purplehayz,

Run Paint.NET

Click the File menu

1 of 1
--------------
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method.  Type: 'EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.SurfaceBlurEffect'.  Assembly: 'EdHarvey.Effects, Version=0.6.2690.12793, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Yeah I found it thanks. That surface blur is sweet. I'm sure all the mags use that when they put their models in with "perfect" skin.

I have a bug report Rick, sorry if someones already mentioned this:

Whenever I minimize Paint.NET, I get some artifacts left over from the program on my desktop:

Untitled-4.jpg

EDIT: Yep, this happens on both my desktop computer and my laptop, and it appears to be 3.20 related, as no other version did this for me. Thankfully this isn't any major crash, just an artifact that goes away after I click on something. Might I add, I love the new release Rick, even if it is still just an Alpha!

Purplehayz,

Run Paint.NET

Click the File menu

1 of 1
--------------

Fix already coded... :D

Just waiting for Rick to release the v3.20 Beta (just in case anything else breaks between now and then)

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

After looking at what is new, theres one thing I dont like. The fact that median is in the noise submenu. Id much rather have it in the blurs. I hated that in photoshop because after all my experience with paint.net, I just couldnt get used to it. Maybe now that paint.net switched, maybe I will. It just seems to make more sence in the blurs submenu though.

Other than that the features look great. Im downloading now and checking this out. Ive waited for this version for a while.

I'm still alive!

One thing with the arrows on some of the effects, it isnt sensable to have it increase by one, like on the clouds effect, the roughness incresses by one, when the full option for roughness is almost one

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

After looking at what is new, theres one thing I dont like. The fact that median is in the noise submenu. Id much rather have it in the blurs. I hated that in photoshop because after all my experience with paint.net, I just couldnt get used to it. Maybe now that paint.net switched, maybe I will. It just seems to make more sence in the blurs submenu though.

Other than that the features look great. Im downloading now and checking this out. Ive waited for this version for a while.

Well, what else should be put into the Noise menu :-\ (3.20 is feature complete, I'm not adding any new effects, so don't say "Remove Noise!" :))

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Kick < no swearing >! This is one hell of an update Rick, thanks!

EDIT: I found a sorta-kinda bug. Is it just me, or is the scrollbar in this plugin properties box... erm... unnecessary?

Unnecessaryscrollbar.png

Photobucket - Blog

Newest Film: Beowulf (Feel free to PM me comments, criticisms)

EDIT: I found a sorta-kinda bug. Is it just me, or is the scrollbar in this plugin properties box... erm... unnecessary?

You can now resize the effect dialogs.

This ability may disappear from the final version.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Clicking on the arrow heads when drawing a line causes a crash.

Same problem here

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.
Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.20 (Alpha Release build 3.20.2865.28203)
Time of crash: 09-11-2007 18:21:23
Application uptime: 00:00:50.6562500
OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86
.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.42 x86
Processor: 2x "Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz" @ ~2991MHz (SSE, SSE2)
Physical memory: 510 MB
Tablet PC: no
Locale: pdnr.c: pt-PT, hklm: pt-PT, hkcu: pt-PT, cc: pt-PT, cuic: pt-PT

Exception details:
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton' to type 'System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton'.
  at PaintDotNet.ToolConfigStrip.PenCapSplitButton_DropDownOpening(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.OnDropDownShow(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.ShowDropDownInternal()
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.ShowDropDown(Boolean mousePush)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.ToolStripEx.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it helps...

Well, what else should be put into the Noise menu :-\ (3.20 is feature complete, I'm not adding any new effects, so don't say "Remove Noise!" :))

Do we need a noise menu?

I'd never came to the conclusion that Median is... "noise"... :roll:

:?: