Sign in to follow this  
chrisco97

Sig Battles: Discussion

I think its a little harsh to come onto the sig discussion thread to criticise people for not posting in the galleries, they are 2 different things. Sigs dont take too long and you get real criticism and feedback from the battles which helps to increase your knowledge of PDN. To be brutally honest the galleries are too PC for me every post is the same " Wow amazing work " even if it isn't, yes I know its not nice to knock a new user back but its also not good to reply to every gallery with praise its a bit like schools sportsday without winners and losers. Also as has been bought up before in a thread about the lack of user input on galleries, this is a support forum not the most ideal place to host your work if you want constant action in your gallery, maybe there are better places for them.

I think its a little harsh to come onto the sig discussion thread to criticise people for not posting in the galleries, they are 2 different things. Sigs dont take too long and you get real criticism and feedback from the battles which helps to increase your knowledge of PDN. To be brutally honest the galleries are too PC for me every post is the same " Wow amazing work " even if it isn't, yes I know its not nice to knock a new user back but its also not good to reply to every gallery with praise its a bit like schools sportsday without winners and losers. Also as has been bought up before in a thread about the lack of user input on galleries, this is a support forum not the most ideal place to host your work if you want constant action in your gallery, maybe there are better places for them.

Isn't that a bit hypocritical when you yourself asked for more action in the sig battles.

And I haven't criticised any one person. Just making an observation ... of which I'm entitled to do ?

Plus you're wrong that everyone just puts "Wow amazing work"

If critique is needed there are those who offer advice as to how to improve an image

... just like they do in sig battles.

<snip> I'm not sure I like this place anymore

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
not even ascii swearing (FFF) - thanks.

You seem to take things to heart a bit much, I have 463 views in my gallery and 9 posts, 3 of which are me I think and it really doesn't bother me. A gallery is for you to show your work , you shouldn't then get upset if people are not commenting on it they never asked for you to display your work.

As for being hypocritical I don't think so, there have been a few of us quite active in sig battles but suddenly has gone quiet, the galleries are always going to be quiet not everybody feels adequate enough to comment and some just dont feel the need to. When I watch a great film or listen to an amazing album I dont get in touch with the persons responsible to thank them, Do you ? why should viewing a gallery on a support forum be so different. Like I said this has come up before and most of the people who were upset agreed with the mod when he stated the above why start this up again ?

Edited by minners71

I think you'll find that people who really know me whether it be in 'real' life or on online forums know that I'm one of the easiest going people there is.

Always ready with a witty answer or a bit of self-deprecation to lighten the mood ... so don't judge who you don't know, by saying I take things to heart

It's you who has turned what I said into dragging up the past.

As I said, I made an observation, I also said ... I'm entirely entitled to do so. Get used to it, because I'll carry on doing so

I may be easy going but I will always fight my corner

Why are you turning this back to my gallery ? I never mentioned the fricking thing.

A few of are used to how it is now, compared to how it was ... and we live with it.

Is why there's Fanatics and dA

As for people not being asked to make galleries ... funny how there's a board for them innit :roll:

Edited by welshblue

@Welshy , go back and read your posts you are the one who has a bee in his bonnet about people not visiting the galleries, get over it. You may be easy going ( and a great artist )but it also seems you need a lot of gratification to make you happy, just my observation. Like I said do you write letters thanking all the artists who have recorded the albums that you listen to or thanking the directors of all the films you enjoy ? And as for the " we have a board for galleries " that still doesn't mean people are obliged to look and comment on the work, you know why the galleries are here from the previous thread I mentioned and of which the parties involved agreed to stop mentioning lack of votes in said galleries. If you want to leave here as you don't enjoy it leave but don't make threats, its one of the lamest things you can do and you are better than that.

This used to be discussion is turning into more of a right/wrong debate. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions (whether they're reasonable, well founded, or not etc.) Please let's try not to get too particular. Thanks:D

Yep your right ,but whats happening in sig battles could people please vote.

I guess that leaves me no right to right to reply then ...

... even though I've been as good as called 'needy' and 'lame'

Strange that when I didn't even bemoan the activity in my gallery or threaten to leave. Unless of course saying you aren't so keen on something anymore is another way of saying it ?

Who knows in the strange world of Forumland

*** Just had a thought ... I told my wife I'm not too keen on her new hairstyle ... I hope she doesn't think I'm going to leave her.

I'll have to make my own food :(

And apologies EER ... I should have known better about fake swearing

BTW ... if I were on a literary forum I'd thank authors. On a music forum I'd thank musicians and on a film forum I'd thank the good looking she stars

I'll leave you guys to your sigs ...

Edited by welshblue

It was unfair that you had a pop at welsh, he was just expressing his opinion. And I know he was moaning at us for not being active in the galleries but just leave it. I really don't want to fall out with anyone, and I'm sure you guys don't either.

Makes me laugh there are more people posting here than on the sig battles, oh well.

By the way I wasn't having a go at welshy but he did come on to a sig battle discussion thread to moan about something else ( a matter already resolved by the way or so people thought) Maybe he should of posted in the rants thread. No matter how you spin it it was quite obvious what you meant by your "I'm not sure I like this place anymore"

Edited by minners71

Ha ha! Since EER put everything on topic nobody has spoken in here.

I said my piece, Minners theirs ... in deference to EER that's how it ended

Well outside of the side discussion I end up leaving in the battles (ooops, should have gone offline with it ... or not ... heck I dont know ...) it seems people had been busy with the holidays etc.

But overall I'm still scratching my head a bit about the gradual slow down as seen from looking at posting trends in general ...

Neither here nor there I guess. Just wish people would vote in that darn thing as I have found it rather inspirational and the only way to get new stuff in there is to end a vote. I'm "bumping" the please vote idea here so I dont get dinged for it on the main thread.

Though the main thread may require reposting the current sigs and vote count to hint that it's there again.

Anyways, remote bump and some random thoughts about the competition and board status.

Can you make something like "image battles" which is basically just two images as a battle? I don't want to be constrained by the size requirement and that it has to be a sig. Normal battle would be great :D

Oh look, I have post #321! :D

Edited by OddLlama

Off topic a bit but just re-read mine and welshy's tiff a few posts back and I wish to apologise. I was going through some stuff back then and I wasn't the easiest person to get along with and think I probably should of kept off the forums at that time. So if you are reading this welshblue sorry ;)

• Upvote 1

We did ? I wouldn't worry about it mate. I seem to be giving you an awful lot of votes lately so it doesn't seem to have scarred me too much :P

Plus I know I can be an argumentative sod @ times, so should maybe stay off forums 4ever :D

• Upvote 1

I would like to propose something.

Sig Battles has lost so much organization over time because neither one of the original hosts (CSM and I) are as active as they should be to run this competition.

Since the time CSM and I became inactive, Image Battles has come into existence. It basically Sig Battles, but you can enter any kind of image you like. It is a bigger and better version of Sig Battles, ran by a new host.

What I am proposing is that we shut down this thread, and Sig Battles as a whole, and let Image Battles take it's place. Do any of you want to do this? I feel it would be the better thing to do, and we could have a nice and organised competition taking place with an active host.

--

Thanks,

Chrisco97

Edited by chrisco97

As Minners' is now the host, it's his call ?

No disrespect but you sort of jumped ship and it's not on that you jump back on board to call for closing the thread down.  

Plus as the ex host you should know this should be in discussions ?