Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

NMD don't be "afraid" of letting text show; as a main component of your signature block. The graphic should hold it's own just fine, but the text is the sig. part most people read- other wise it's a logo

NN79 you did wear sun glasses creating this -did'nt you? :evillaugh:

NMD - 1

NN79 2

edit: cause cant count

Edited by Scooter

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

I vote for nitenurse79.

The text is an important part of the image, and it seems like NMD's signature doesn't have much of that. However, the text in NN's could use some blurring or less contrast. :P

Both of them are cool, though!

NMD- 1

NN- 3

NN wins.

I enter with this:

ZeriSig-2.png

Edited by Xzerizon

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Good job both; but

Doughty - 2 ( The metalic look is very crisp and realistic)

Minners71 - 0 ( Would have been better not so tilted back so show the engraving background to advantage)

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Welshy ... Wicked use of 3D! Great use of a theme right across the image. A bit dark for my tastes though. Slight inconsistency with the shadows which indicate a non-uniform lighting source.

Nitenurse79 ... Like the carbon fibre frame, but it doesn't blend with the bright text. Frame would have better suited a metalic/chrome theme. Kind of a juxaposition of two styles I feel.

Welshblue 1

Nitenurse79 0

Welsh - Great job and very different from anyother sig styles I have seen, plus it doesn't hurt that you used my fav Tarantino movie ;)

NN79 - Dont take this the wrong way as I am a great lover of sigs that just use text as the main element but I think there has been too many recently. So for this reason I am giving my point to Welsh for trying something different.

Welsh - 2

NN79 - 0

welshblue: Wow most excellent use of 3D. intriguing-kudos

Nitenurse79: clever use of "center lighting" on back ground and frame; like the font and color (colour) combination

Welshblue - 2

Nitenurse79 -1

Scooter

NN79 - Dont take this the wrong way as I am a great lover of sigs that just use text as the main element but I think there has been too many recently.

Not taken the wrong way :) I just assume a sig is meant to contain text as part of the whole body of work :P

ZXCBOoZ.png

No one else wants to play?

Welshblue, it was nice to see something different.

Nitenurse, I like the font you used, the way it looks with trail.

Welshblue - 3

Nitenurse - 1

Welshblue, I don't have anything that looks 3D in the way you created your entry.

So, here's mine and yes the skinned orb is from a tut.

skinned.png

SloppySig.png

Doughty - Nice sig which IMO would have looked better without the black corners

Ventor 1 - WOW, one of my fav sigs of the year although I'm not too keen on the border or atleast the corners

( Hmm just realised both sigs have probs with the corners )

Doughty - 0

Ventor 1 - 1

Edited by minners71

Both of you, very nice.

Doughty, the one problem my (inexperienced D:) eye could see was the rocket. It could use some shading to make it look round...er... (Not sure if that was what you were going for.)

Ventor, I love the overall theme and what you did with the text, but I have to agree with minners- the corners do look warped slightly. Not in a good way. Heh.

(I wish I had two votes... hard to decide as a lover of spacescapes.)

Doughty - 0 (sorry. :c)

Ventor1 - 2

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

very nice job to both of you. As the styles are so different it makes choosing difficult.

Doughty, the combination of space and the orb and spaceship are too dissimilar -one realistic-the others cartoon like; perhaps a different combination would achieve your goal

Ventor, I like the very smooth transition of background and text both blend well together into a good over all result- :P I'm not so bothered by the corners. :lol:

Doughty - 0

Ventor1 - 3

Ventor1 wins

Scooter

I challenge whoever challenges me with this!: ('You can't fire me; I quit!' logic :P)

AnotherZeriSig.png

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

I like them both for different reasons:

NN - very clean & simple and nice on the eye.

XZerizon - loads of detail but slightly too busy for my mind.

nitenurse - 1

XZerizon - 0

naturesig.png