Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

@RFX

I wasn't being serious it was more to do with missing the gym and not getting out for a run the last 2 days ;) I was a bit cranky :)

Thanks for the sig I will use it (for 1 week ) when I next change mine, probably tomorrow.

Edited by minners71

NN71 - A nice metallic effect, but the metal highlighting is a bit too bold. (It would be better, in my opinion, to have a much more subtle gradient.)

Rafroller - A nice, simple, smooth effect. However, the texture/color is somewhat bland and the shadow could be lighter. Easier on the eye.

NN71: 1

Rafroller: 3

#Rafroller wins.

BladeMasterSig2_zpse286a907.png

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

NN79 - Simple. Effective. Bright with great contrast so it is readable from a distance. On the downside I feel it's a bit.. by-the-numbers. I don't mean that as a harsh criticism, I just want to see you explore more subtle effects and perhaps take some steps away from flat 2D work. Your current sig is a favorite of mine and this is the direction I'd like you to explore more.

Xzerizon - Great use of a quiet palette. Colors are subtle and go together nicely. I'm not convinced about the sword - which end should be held or does it have two blades? Shame the left hand end is cut off, I'd have made that side the sharp one and use the right as the handle.

NN79 - 0

Xzerizon - 1

NN - 1

Xzerizon - 1

I like the font NN used, as well as the colors, plus I really like that 3D effect. I also liked the metallic style she used. Zeri' s one was really good too, just too much things in one sig for me. Good job though to both of them.

Edited by rafroller
1348406123-grafyx-3d-sig.png

PDN tutorials in french:

"FrenchPDNtutos" - Visit my gallery here !

Sig battles won: 4

*Forum Newbie Posting*

NN79 - 1

Xzerizon - 3

*Winner is Xzerizon*

I like NN's font, but I'm not really the kind who likes to use names on my signature(obvious to my name too)

As to Xzerizon, my vote goes towards not only the blade, but to the background as well. It has that soft, metallic texture,

Edit reason : forgot to announce the winner

And if I may, enter my sig to battle another player.

glasscatgreenfloor_zpsfbf262a1.png

(forgive me for my awful name, I was tired and i had to think of a name to get to the forums)

Edited by penguin dolphin

sig123.png

Magic

Hey everyone! Sorry haven't been on much, busy with stuff but all the recent stuff looks great! :D This was a hard choice indeed.

Penguin Dolphin - 2 (The 3 dimensional appearance won my vote. The design is pretty simple but it does have a really good 3D effect! Great work!)

Ella - 1 (I really like this due to the colors used and the way it fades cleanly plus I bet it took a lot of effort. Outstanding job!)

edit: Thanks Minners! It was made to as a battle entry but I wasn't aware that new challenges have to wait till the current one is finished, I am now and appreciate the heads-up! :D

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

RFX this thread is for battling not showing off your sigs please in future post new creations in your gallery and not here ( unless a battle has finished and you are entering )

As I'm here I might as well vote

Penguin dolphin - Sorry but your sig doesn't do it for me, too simple.

Ella - Nice job very clean with good gradients

Penguin dolphin -2

Ella -2

Edited by minners71

I agree with Welsh on the smile,made me too. Nice idea with the page curl and nicely done nitenurse. I usually don't get into this comp but if I am allowed to vote I would give NN-1 and rafroller-0.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

NN - 3 ( Winner )

Nice sticker-ish effect, and I love the colours that you used. How did you do that sticker effect anyway?

Raffroller - 0

Sorry, but yours seems like it can be done by a newbie given plugins. I'm a newbie here and I can guess with confidence you used gradient bars, trail effect for the text and outline.

Reason for edit - Typo

Edited by penguin dolphin

sig123.png

Magic

ROFL!! Both good sigs although one stands out in the humor category and won my vote. :D

penguin dolphin - 2 (BSOD humor is always a goldmine especially for techies like me, niiice work! lol)

chimay12321 - 1 (Looks great and a lot of effort went into it, makes me want a cup of Milo)

RFX5A1.jpg

penguin dolphin - 2 - It's funny, but I've seen the basic idea done thousands of times on another website so it's not really that hilarious anymore. It's a bit simple.

chimay12321 - 2 - Nice work. No jaggies, a nice motion effect, and just plain awesome.

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

penguin dolphin's is good, but as Xzerizon mentions it has been done many times.

chimay12321 nice and creative, good perspective great effects.

So the final score is

penguin dolphin - 2

chimay12321 - 3

chimay wins :D

I enter with this, the last in my "portrait series" :)

signature-4.png

ZXCBOoZ.png