Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

Schnicka wins.

I typed why, but then my computer fricking glitched out and I'm not going to bother again.

Enter with whatever the heck this is:

AGJMprofilepic.jpg

Edit: I'll call it "A jaggy mistake"

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...both sigs were reasonably well carried out, but AGJM's lacks a sense of direction, mostly because of the random blurry swish on the right o.0 That said...

TH: 3

AGJM: 0

winner=TheHowler!

EDIT: I didn't want to make a new post, so I'll be entering against Schnicka with my SOTW entry:

3Dtextsig.png

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks a lot pdnnoob, I have no chance against that :P

nitenurse, I'm confused, is that vote for pdnnoob or for me? (I'm guessing pdnnoob)

I vote -1 for you and two for pdnnoob, both your sigs are cool, but I'm a sucker for 3D text creations ;)

ZXCBOoZ.png

So your vote is with pdnnoob? You only get one vote I'm afraid ;) (nice to see you changed your mind about leaving anyway)

pdnnoob: 2

Schnicka: 0

I love 'noob's sig, it's so well made and the B is an optical illusion :P The (3dness?) of the text is outstanding!

Schnicka, I love everything sbout your sig except for fact that you weaved it. I personally think it could look so much better without the weaving, but that personal opinion obviously. :)

Actually, I find schnicka's sig to be a bit more visually appealing. He has all the aspects of a good image. The weave gives the eye something to follow without taking its focus from the center of interest, which he emphasized with the glow. Then, in addition, he added the colored stripes and the faint vignette, giving the image more variety so it isn't so bland. All I did was 3D text with nothing special besides ;D

I think weave has a bit of a bad reputation for being thrown in just because the artist was lazy. The first thing many people think when they see it is "omg I coulda done that myself...just a few clicks and I'm done." However, to use it in a way that makes an image more interesting rather than looking like it was randomly thrown together takes some good discernment. Schnicka's creation was an example of this perfectly executed. Well done, Schnicka!

Unfortunately, I can't vote; but that's my thoughts on the matter :)

EDIT: @nitenurse it took me a while, but I see what you did there :lol:

EDIT2: I'm pretty much just trying to decide whether or not I should change my sig...It's been two years, so I thought it might be time for something new. I'm not entirely satisfied with the 3D text, but so far, most people seem to think it is an improvement on the current sig.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks for the encouragement pdnnoob, I appreciate it a lot :D

I really like your 3D text though, anytime someone can make something look 3D on a 2D canvas it amazes me, so that's why yours is so awesome. I dunno if I like it better than your current sig though, they're both very good. I like to change my sig every once in a while, but that's because those are the main things I make.

And I agree about Weave getting a bad reputation. Sure it's very simple to use, but that's the whole point of paint.net; so people who aren't experienced with graphic design or art can still make something that looks really cool. I find it kind of sad when people talk bad about certain effects as they are easy-to-use, when those same people are making images made almost exclusively of renders and/or pictures. But maybe that's just me :P

Edited by Schnicka

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

..., but that's because those are the main things I make.

And I agree about Weave getting a bad reputation. Sure it's very simple to use, but that's the whole point of paint.net; so people who aren't experienced with graphic design or art can still make something that looks really cool. I find it kind of sad when people talk bad about certain effects as they are easy-to-use, when those same people are making images made almost exclusively of renders and/or pictures. But maybe that's just me :P

Well said mate. That's not just you. Rarely are people encouraged to embrace the arts, or with what life throws out, able to take the time to be an "instant professional" with all this. I'm pretty sure there is a silent majority that agree with you on this aspect of paying poor lip service to the effects the dev crowd has been gracious enough to create for everyone. Creating anything by your own hand, no matter how overdone, is often that first step to greater things and all that.

*/related: I get really cranky when people push the noob taunts too far in gaming and other things. Not everyone has the time or the natural skill of others, yet they seem to think its okay to drive everyone off with their harsh comments on inadequacy towards others. Taunting a braggart who claims to be better ... fine. Being rude at every turn to new players results in just fewer players and dead servers.

VOTEY:

Torn as I like noob's most recent effort. It really is a superb effect. I'm thinking I may be swayed to vote against it for various reasons including the fact I've studied it to look for the optical illusions and how it was put together too much ... Where as I saw a sports logo and was instantly blank on the impression.

That being said, the impressions of reflection tape, and a whole bunch of other things sports related are captured in this seemingly simplistic signature you've created. Reflection tape, netting, baskets, color inference, (obvious) sports brand, sense of flow and focus, logo compliment in the design, etc. ... So regardless of what people may infer, it is these aspects and nothing else that I vote for Schnicka's.

Schnicka: 1

Edited by delpart

Gallery at PDN-Fans

So your vote is with pdnnoob? You only get one vote I'm afraid ;) (nice to see you changed your mind about leaving anyway)

Schnicka: 0

I love 'noob's sig, it's so well made and the B is an optical illusion :P The (3dness?) of the text is outstanding!

Schnicka, I love everything sbout your sig except for fact that you weaved it. I personally think it could look so much better without the weaving, but that personal opinion obviously. :)

I did only vote once, I was just answering a question :roll:

ZXCBOoZ.png