Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

wow. he's awesome. you are the queen of gloss, and now youre just getting awesomer at everything else! almost perfect. i just think some light from sun or something like that would be cool. hey, if you try and it doesnt look very good, im happy.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Ah I've been gone for such a long time...in general I'll just say that you're work is still great. I especially like that dolphin piece you made. Its lighting and shading were perfect, and the little surface reflection (don't know what to call it) on the dolphin was a nice touch, one that I haven't seen done before :) Did you have a photo reference?

Also like your most recent piece. Quite humorous to see a hippo like that :D

However, with water splashing around like that, and being only on a little plank...how's he gonna get back to land? :lol:

Nice job :D

I had been trying all weekend to response to this new artwork, and for some reason, the forum wouldn't cooperate.

Now that it is...here's my critique. I thought it was a great artwork, and the only thing I noticed was the placement of the fishing hook...shouldn't it had been in the mouth instead of the belly?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Geez.. i haven't posted in here for like ages.. :P

As always awesome work, loving the dolphin piece. ;)

I highly recommend you get Adobe Illustrator (AI) CS4. You work is so vector-like and amazing, that it would benefit a lot being made in vector format. There's more, but i won't go spamming this gallery and the forum about how awesome AI CS4 is. :)

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

I highly recommend you get Adobe Illustrator (AI) CS4. You work is so vector-like and amazing, that it would benefit a lot being made in vector format. There's more, but i won't go spamming this gallery and the forum about how awesome AI CS4 is. :)

If you wouldn't be able to purchase AI right now like me, give Inkscape a try. It is a free and opensource vector image editor. I think it personally works great, but I haven't tried out AI yet so I don't know the comparison ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

@Gamer: Well, I want to create something that might amaze you. :) But for now, I just do simple things as I have limited time. Also, I had Inkscape before, but PDN is still better. :P

@LFC4EVER: Thank you so much. Well, I don't have the opportunity to buy AI right now (and will probably never have it), so I use PDN for everything. I'm a loyal PDNner. Thanks for your compliments. I'm glad you stopped by.

@Oma: I sometimes wish bugs were cuter! :lol:

@Goonfella: Imagine if bugs were so glossy and colorful. Thanks once again! :!:

@Possum: Yeah, I enjoy creating glossy things!!!

@Welshblue: Thank you so much Welshblue. Your words are an encouragement. :D

@janettsue: I'm "lucky" to have you to say so! :):)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I reckon you could make the background more interesting. A slight gradient or faint pattern maybe? If it doesn't look good then forget spicing up the background. :P

Fonts are cool. maybe resize the gold truck a bit more.. its a bit too close to the text.

Great job. ;)

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Here's another tip for you Helen, you almost want to never hyphen your words in a paragraph. I think that's a no-no in web design. Color scheme looks good, the text look sharp, and readable. You have a very good white space going on, and it looks professional. I do agree with LFC and Welsh about a background. Not too dark, but something that will compliment the overall color scheme. If it was up to me, I would move the logo to the left side of the web page, but I am sure that's a personal preference. I would also maybe add a subtle shadowing to the navbar for the text to make it more readable. The menu looks good, even though I'm not fond a faded look, and I don't know how you can improve it.

For the most part, it's a job well done. All that's left to do is tweak it a bit, if you so desire, and code it. Have fun doing it!

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.