Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

Sing With Me is wonderful. I think it's my new favorite. :) I can never quite get the hang of making musical notes and I loath using stock images. Partly because they never seem to look normal to me. The sharpness and quality of your images amazes me. I was curious if the piano was a stock or if you created it. Either way you did a great job with it!

PryoTypeSig.png

We better hope the horsemen don't stomp on them until it turns into pulp juice. When I first saw it, my first impression was an "abstractal" piece on Cinderella's pumpkin carriage. Now, what was that magic words, "Boopity, bippidity, boo?" :?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@Welshblue: Gee, thanks. I'm afraid that the stageacoach won't turn into a pumpkin because the "new" one is reinvented by me. :P:lol:

@Storm: :lol: The horsemen will have a hard time doing so because it's a magical stagecoach. :lol:

@LFC: Thanks. I like to create glassy/glossy things. :)

@Axle: I gave you permission through PM. :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks goonfella and raptor. The thing is that I had different "heads" for the pawns, but lost the .pdn file, so I was too lazy to change them. Well, more like frustrated and just posted what I had. :roll: Thanks to both of you! :P

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

He means perspective (i think - correct me if i'm wrong). He's right too. The chess pieces are seem dead on, but the chessboard is sort of angled. For it to be the correct perspective for both, you'd have to

• [*:1ohirvop]make the chessboard seen dead on too (so you can only see the side(s) and not the top or bottom)

• [*:1ohirvop]change the perspective of the pieces so they match the perspective of the board. You'd have to give a more 3d view of the piece, so you can see the some of the top of the piece.

Also, the outline sort of ruins the 3d-ness of the pieces. It just makes them seem flat, when the shading makes it 3d-like. Get rid of the outline, and maybe add some shading on the sides. It should make them seem more rounded. :)

The reflections are fantastically done though! I can tell that it wasn't a simple flip vertical, lower opacity + :AlphaChannel: gradient. The reflections actually looks like they should do. Great job. :D

KIU.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

If you still keeping the pdn file you just need to rotate the board backward, you can do that with move select pixels by squeezing the selection , then correct the eye level, like make all the crosses on one level and enlarge or sizedown the queens according to there location, and you can also improve the board by removing the black line on the up-right edge and the half checkers on the up-left edge, I like the idea, and you did make a beautiful job :)

EDIT/ I missed that you lost the the pdn file, just ignore what I said its nice :)

good job on the chess pieces, except for the perspective ofcourse, I think the bottom of the pieces are correct, but the upper part is wrong.

PS: Don't think I stopped viewing your gallery. :P

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

Welshblue, pink seems to be my favorite color, what a surprise, huh? I try to work with bigger images, then I blur them and resize them by like 15%. That way, the "blurring" won't be too visible. Thank you for wishing me luck. I really need it!!!! :P:P

I also figured that I know more about checkers than I know about chess, so that's why I put checkers on the board instead. Plus, well, if you'll post your results (the collab piece I asked to do, but decided against it), I won't feel like a failure. :wink:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welshblue, pink seems to be my favorite color, what a surprise, huh? I try to work with bigger images, then I blur them and resize them by like 15%. That way, the "blurring" won't be too visible. Thank you for wishing me luck. I really need it!!!! :P:P

I also figured that I know more about checkers than I know about chess, so that's why I put checkers on the board instead. Plus, well, if you'll post your results (the collab piece I asked to do, but decided against it), I won't feel like a failure. :wink:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Hmmm.. perspective is odd in this one too.

Its solvable for checkers though.

Render a square checkerboard. On a new layer using the paintbrush, draw where you want the pieces to be. Then on another new layer add symbols or w/e. Then on the checkerboard layer use Rotate/Zoom to get it into perspective. Then apply the same transformation to the other layers with the pieces and symbols. Use outline object on the pieces layer to make them more 3d like. Move them up a few pixels so it looks right. :)

Awesome work though. Loving the engrave effect on the pieces.

P.S. the board itself is a bit odd though. See the far left end where it gets cut off and doesn't end at a square. :P

KIU.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.