Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

Nice mock up, a bit different from what you usually do, not so glossy, but doing that PDN only, with PDN's text handling, no offence Rick, good job.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

I am actually reading a web design book and I have learned quite a few tips from it.

One of them has been to make your website cut up into a grid, so everything is aligned. If you try this out, I would shift the text in the black to the right to align with the first tab in the top and then resize that truck picture, or move the tabs over on the top to align with the bottom text.

I would also try to use contrasting colors to work with in the design. The book I am reading says "Pick one main color and then use one or two other colors to compliment. Using tints of the same color is another reliable approach".

Another great tip to give your website more of a 3D look is to add a gradient to the top blue tabs, which would make it stand out even more, drawing the readers eye towards it.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

@Oma, LFC4EVER, Welshblue, Storm, Boude, and Gamer: I reread your answers, tips, and suggestions. I now have better ideas on how to compose better website mock ups. I truly appreciate your help.

@Storm: Your enouragement keeps me going. Thank you. :)

@Welshblue: Glad you browsed my gallery again. So nice of you!! :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Hey the pretzels looks great! So great they make me thirsty looking at it, or was it because I had 4 different Coke drinks today? Any hoo, it looks good enough to eat, but this laptop I'm on is a loaner from my wife's university. I think the tech support guys will frown if they saw bite marks on the monitor. :lol:

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@Goonfella: Everyone makes mistakes once in a while! :P Thanks!

@Tramojo: Thank you so much!!!!

@Welshblue: You don't?! I love pretzels, as long as they're not with butter, though. I like them plain, too. :):)

@yellowman: Thank you for your compliments on both images. I was actually copying from an actual pretzel. I made the shadows and highlights were correct.

@Kemaru: Make sure you don't try eating it. :lol:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Storm: :lol::lol: Glad you like it!

@LFC4EVER: I know, I didn't really like the ends either, but thanks for the tip. Gosh, I love color!

@Minoeman: Well, make sure you don't sit too close to where the music's playing. :lol: Thanks to you, too!

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welshblue, I try to incorporate color in most of my images. I'm glad you like this image. :):) And it could be just coincidence with the music piece, but the same thing happened with Oma. So, I now think it's this "great minds think alike" thing going. Thanks once again! :P

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA