Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed Harvey

Ed Harvey Effects for paint.net 4.0 alpha

15 posts in this topic

I'm still having errors with the FastBlurs  No I'm not.  Sorry about that

Edited by welshblue

I'm pretty sure those aren't included in the ZIPs that Ed posted above, for two reasons. First, those are the only plugins I have currently installed on my 4.0 build and I don't see Radial or Zoom Blur Deluxe. Second, it isn't actually possible to compile something for 4.0 which uses PaintDotNet.Resources.

Heads up to plug-in authors: PaintDotNet.Resources.dll is off-limits, and always has been (4.0 is just "enforcing" it now). You will need to update your plugins to avoid using it. If you don't update your plugin, it will not work in 4.0.

I can't believe I'm the only person to Rep/ give thanks for the updates for some of the most excellent plugins here

Happy Birthday Ed - hope you have a good 'un

Happy birthday ED! Hope you have a fabulous day.

Thanks so much for fixing the Fast Fx. I used them all the time. I'd be lost without them. In fact where would we be in PDN be without Ed Harvey Effects?

Welshy is right too. Rep point given. 

Thanks for updating the plugins, these are my most valued and most used plugins for Paint.Net :)

Edited by Andronomos

Is there any possible way to run both builds at the same time? I don't think so but I will ask anyway. B)

Is there any possible way to run both builds at the same time? I don't think so but I will ask anyway. B)

this post from EER explains how.

I can't link directly to the post.  Apologies

Edited by pdnnoob
fixed that for you

Hopefully this isn't considered resurrection...

Does anyone know what happened to zoom blur deluxe?  The built-in zoom blur pales in comparison...

Two comments;

First, though I have a, perhaps unjustified, prejudice against downloading packages of effects to get a specific effect, I downloaded Ed's package to get Splinter, and was very impressed with the other effects in the package. Perhaps I'll need to reconsider my prejudice.

Second, I downloaded the FastFX package, but all the effects except the Pencil Sketch instantly crash PDN. Is there a restriction on what systems it works on? I'm running PDN 4.0.5 on a I5 system with Windows 7 Professional. (The Pencil Sketch is impressively quick.)