Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

thesandcave2ac4.jpg

This is very good, is it all done in Paint.Net ?

If so please tell me how you did it 8)

Im working on a castle and this looks like it would come in very handy !

I think its a photo manipulated with oil painting.

Glass cube.

Enjoy & have a nice weekend 8)

Glass_Cube_by_0_ASH_0.jpg

One vote for a tutorial!

spoils the challenge of trying to figure it out. 8) That cube is the result of a lot of practice and all that trial and error cant be shared in a tut, and its where the real lesson lies. My guess is that the main parts were made individually and I dont think it was a short process.

What gives it away is the edges or corners of the cube. This was likely assembled similar to the cube with different pics on each side.

glasscube.png

glasscubeb.png

quick attempt. Copy ashes cube into PDN and really look at the highlights , free your mind and let it pick up the different aspects he used in shading and create your own vision of a cube based on a likeness.

I wouldnt mind knowing the shape technique but the glass texture I feel is better as ashes signiture technique.

Glass cube.

Enjoy & have a nice weekend 8)

Glass_Cube_by_0_ASH_0.jpg

One vote for a tutorial!

spoils the challenge of trying to figure it out. 8) That cube is the result of a lot of practice and all that trial and error cant be shared in a tut, and its where the real lesson lies. My guess is that the main parts were made individually and I dont think it was a short process.

What gives it away is the edges or corners of the cube. This was likely assembled similar to the cube with different pics on each side.

th_glasscube.pngth_glasscubeb.png

quick attempt. Copy ashes cube into PDN and really look at the highlights , free your mind and let it pick up the different aspects he used in shading and create your own vision of a cube based on a likeness.

I wouldnt mind knowing the shape technique but the glass texture I feel is better as ashes signiture technique.

Quite a long post there :) I'm proud of the statments you made there, and I agree, that's why I teach on how to make the textures/patterns/parts most of the time (Fur and not the whole tiger) Just give a push and let the users find their own style and path.

"cube with different pics on each side" Almost, but not for this piece. but that is 1 of the method I often use too.

"I wouldnt mind knowing the shape technique" Hints: Shape3d :arrow: Box :arrow: Plane Map (scalable) :D

"free your mind": Yes, and remember...there is no spoon 8)

And it's Ash's not Ashes :o I'm not "finished" yet :lol:

th_peacockforpaintnet.png

No no no no NO, I always wanna click and see a larger version :o :?

But looking good from this size too :)

th_peacockforpaintnet.png

No no no no NO, I always wanna click and see a larger version :o :?

But looking good from this size too :)

I made it real big for my deviant art site just have to upload it . and that will be very shortly.

ciao

OMA

@twisted whiskers looking good you might want to adjust that transparency down a bit more on bottom layer, and see if your girl shows up a bit more.

next step is to get the shine. and that's playing with your curves+ luminosity..

@olav that ball and lava is super fine looking

:wink:

@thanks blooper. looks good real small check it out on my da gallery you'll see the bad layer job. merged too soon on the feathers. LOL! live and learn.

just messing around ... playing ... testing new combinations.

I like this pattern. I'm not sure what I'll do next with it, Maybe save it for future use.

justmessingaround.png

Vendrw's cubes totally pwn Ash's.

Great job there, V.

Depends on the context; ash's are clean lined and very tidy where as mine have a very random element in shading. I like ash's because of the clean lines. I like mine due to the "random" shading.

My whole point was not to compete but to ad a variant that illuminates The internalization of the variant on a transparent cube. Ash was sucessful in the decpetion of a singularly patterned wall , if you examine the connecting points of the cube walls they lie about obvious constrution methods by insinuation. That is good art. When I could take a lengthy route to reproduce the exact piece that is simpler than it looks.

In that conntext Ash is the clear winner. So in either context there is a win in the representation.

Thanks for the vote though, I must admit there is a shred of ego that thoroughly enjoyed that. :lol: