The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@CMD: Awesome! What was the font you used if you don't mind me asking...it's very stylish.

Thanks! The large stylized font is Broken Ghost (another Gyom Séguin font), the smaller readable one is Futurist Fixed-Width.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

headerbuttons-1.png

So I spent all that time making free gfx for my peers use, just to have 2 of them start complaining and calling them horrible. :lol: Friggen morons, i swear. DENIED, i deleted that thread.If someone gives you a gift that shows admiration do you rip it apart ?

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

The only problem that I ever, ever, ever see in your gfx's is the aliasing. Although it doesn't allow them to denigrate work you spent time on, trying to give them a gift, I think that's what led them to not liking it. I understood earlier that you wanted to keep jaggedy edges because not everything is perfect, but what people want is perfection. It's sad, but that's the way it is.

Arrowglass.png

My pathetic attempt at glass. Through negation, :Curves: :BrightnessContrast: and :Curves:+ (alpha).

I need to find a way to make a reflection, otherwise it looks like a plain arrows with an outline.

Oh, and if you like Futuristic Fixed Width, have a look at these. They're the same, just not so spaced out.

FtraBd__.ttf.zip

FtraMd__.ttf.zip

FtraLt__.ttf.zip

xcpuheaderbuttonsf2-1.png

One guy actually berated the logo as horrible. I was sooo mad :evil: :lol: We worked it out and I said hey if you have ideas share them but dont call my offering horrible and then say youre bieng constructive. After a few heated replies from me we came to terms and he just offered some Ideas.

@ Blooper; The selector tool is what is botching my AA.

^ Where did all this take place?

My easy galaxy:

Untitled-2.jpg

nice. really 3d looking. Its done and old news we all shook hands and made good. I reposted the thread and said dont look the gift horse in the mouth, if you want something else just throw some ideas out.

Very nice, Oma. I like the Ink effect...it looks quite grungy and ... yes, cold. :-)

This is something I've been working on all day. 98% PdN; the Wizard is not.

a500x375thumb.png

(clicky clicky!)

The text in the background is a loose Latin translation, flipped horizontally, of Aragorn's speech from "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King."

My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the Age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!

I made it at 1280x960 px res, which you can see by clicking on the small view above. If you'd like an 800x600, a 1024x768, or the 1280x800 that's currently my background (go widescreen!) just PM me. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

There is! I just put switched it so you can see the full view on dA. I had forgotten you could do that...:-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

@TheVoid:

I like your style. The newest one you just posted is very good. I think, though, the following one is the one I like the most from your recent works:

2s0n82h.png

Looking good. :)

@oma:

Nice painting. I hope tomorrow is a cheerier day! :D

@david:

Awesome swirly vortex of impending MegaDeth! Very green, but it looks great.

~ Becoming the Archetype

a500x375thumb.png

I like!! :D Is there a larger version?

You quoted my quote in which the larger version from his Pb was linked...;)

detective skillz!>

But now there's an even LARGER version on dA! :-) Ah, Photobucket, you were so wonderful for so long, but alas, thy 1024x768 limit has driven me to greater suitors...

EDIT: In case anyone was wondering, no, it doesn't get any bigger than that; that is original size. Plus, that gets pretty hard on my computer and its render time...

Ah, Photobucket, you were so wonderful for so long, but alas, thy 1024x768 limit has driven me to greater suitors...

You know, that image at it's full size is only 750KB. PhotoBucket has an option to set the image size restriction to 1MB instead of a set pixel dimension. You can return to your first love. :wink:

~ Becoming the Archetype

Ah, Photobucket, you were so wonderful for so long, but alas, thy 1024x768 limit has driven me to greater suitors...

You know, that image at it's full size is only 750KB. PhotoBucket has an option to set the image size restriction to 1MB instead of a set pixel dimension. You can return to your first love. :wink:

Nope, it's too late now. No turning back :-)

Seriously, though, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Very nice, Oma. I like the Ink effect...it looks quite grungy and ... yes, cold. :-)

This is something I've been working on all day. 98% PdN; the Wizard is not.

a500x375thumb.png

(clicky clicky!)

I made it at 1280x960 px res, which you can see by clicking on the small view above. If you'd like an 800x600, a 1024x768, or the 1280x800 that's currently my background (go widescreen!) just PM me. :-)

:shock: dewd thats some serious cool :shock: :P Hell yeah .

pamfsaurus2.png