The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Edit:

lol olav, love the second one. :P

Thanks!

@olav.k.m thanks

love that rules magnifying glass excellent work.

Thanks oma. As for the magnifying glass I started of with your glass tutorial, but i found that the lens effect looked better than what i managed to make... :P

Do you have a deviant art page?

No, I have a photobucket account, but i guess that's not the same. Maybe I'll make one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is oma german for grandmother?

dragonseyesig.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is oma german for grandmother?

Yep, that it is! And Oma is, in fact, a grandmother. But I don't believe she's German...I think she comes from Canada...

Oh, and yes, you should undoubtedly create a deviantART account.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

yes OMA means grandmother I might be old in bod but I'm young in mind. love learning new things, and this paint.NET forum has kept me on my toes, all the young ones are so talented its hard to keep pace. But I love every min. of the challenge.

look forward to seeing you on deviant art. there is a group of us paint.NET users over there and some real good galleries. let us know here when you get set up so we can add you to our friends list.

here's another sig...wow i really like this style(if u cant notice)thx to the void(ur awesome man)

Image here.

Nice.. Iv never had someone who admires my signature making style :o

lies; I just complimented you a few pages back. :shock: Quite highly I might add. Saying your efforts are worth a commercial buck isnt light fare or insincere.

im not to sure what ur saying???

SIG-2.gif

HAHA...im an agent :D and ur not

Oh, and yes, you should undoubtedly create a deviantART account.
look forward to seeing you on deviant art. there is a group of us paint.NET users over there and some real good galleries. let us know here when you get set up so we can add you to our friends list.

I'll make an account as soon as I can, it will have to wait over the weekend though.

:wink:

dragonseyesig.png

@ agent387 you need a bit more contrast in the orange one. I can't make out all the work you put into making this . I like the color combination of your avatar that's easier on the eyes to read, perhaps a bit more contrast and you will be happier with the new sig.

well i dont really like it much so im not gonna work on it much more....but i was goin through ur deviant art and i just loe ur work and style...i was wondering how u reach that kinda look because i really like it...i can also kinda see ur style in vlad vampire's sig so yea...just wonjdering how u get that look

SIG-2.gif

HAHA...im an agent :D and ur not

well there isn't any one thing I do. but mainly, when you stop and think a picture is done, leave it for say a week or so and then add 10 things a day to it, for another week. it can be a rotation , a color change etc etc. when you think originally you might be done ... you are NOT done ..you are only starting. many of my pieces take over 100 to 150 layers (not saying I keep that many open) i merge and merge. rest the peice for a day or so , I found that the eraser is my best tool ever! i might do a flip of layer and only keep the top left portion or so before merging. or duplicate a layer and move the picels and downsize that duplicated layer, and color change it etc etc.

and when you get something good don't forget an interesting background. (that can be another 10 or so layers.)

trick is to feel the piece, when I start something I have a mood never a set picture in mind. If I achieve a set mood with the piece, I'm more than happy. I tend to stay away from dark colors because I have poor eyesight and the details are lost to me. but i seldom use primary colors often I pick the color I like then open the more portion and down or up the hue. never well seldom never primary.

biggest hint I can give you...... have fun, don't be afraid of the critiques on the board this forum is fantastic.. they all want you to succeed and will suggest things to you..take those critiques as complements that someone on the board cares to help you improve and you will accomplish more than you ever dreamed possible with such a great free program.

We all have a warped sense of humor thats why we make some of the art we do.

Oh so true my friend so true keep up the good work.

do you have a deviant art gallery? I'd like to add to my watch list if you do.

off hand i don't have deviant art gallery

you should get one.

heres a new one from my second tut.

Stf.png

alisigd.png

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds