Sign in to follow this  
BoltBait

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

Hey if you can send me a copy of the old feather, my email is Edit by Rick: e-mail address removed. For your own sake, please don't post it on a public forum. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Edited by Rick Brewster

The feather selection tool is leaving slightly blurry pixels around the edges still. I liked the old feather, but I guess I'll have to stick with AA's assistant now :(

featherselectionisterrible.png

I had to use feather selection multiple times just to get rid of the pixeled edges that all selections have, but it still left enough of the pixels to make an obvious pixelness

Great plugins! Suggestion though? The feather selection tool should be able to be set to a higher radius than 10. (Outward, not further inward) There are times, when creating a "misty" border on images, that I need a tool that can feather a selection well up into the 50's, gradually fading to transparency outward from the centre. Don't know if that's too difficult for you to do though. Might have to stick to PSP for that one. (Which is too bad, because Paint.Net nearly wooed me away from PSP entirely.)

Great plugins! Suggestion though? The feather selection tool should be able to be set to a higher radius than 10. (Outward, not further inward) There are times, when creating a "misty" border on images, that I need a tool that can feather a selection well up into the 50's, gradually fading to transparency outward from the centre. Don't know if that's too difficult for you to do though. Might have to stick to PSP for that one. (Which is too bad, because Paint.Net nearly wooed me away from PSP entirely.)

You can use object outline or drop shadow after the feather to grow the "misty border".

Thank you for your plug-ins, they look like they will be of a lot of help. Fiances are extremely thin, as I have spent a year just writing a book. So I would hope to donate something once I get back to normal next year -If you read books, I a will send an e-copy as a thank you, if you like. You can take a look at JacktheDog.us to see if it would be your type of thing. (I did a lot on paintNet fyi JacktheDog'at sign'JacktheDog.us is the email)

Thanks again!

Victor

BookCoverThumb2501.jpeg

Hi

I'm running version 3.5.8 of PdN and I have just downloaded the plugin pack.

My problem is that the files are copied to the Effects folder, but they don't show up in PdN ?

Has anyone any advice ?

On 3/10/2011 at 1:41 PM, Painterman said:

Hi

I'm running version 3.5.8 of PdN and I have just downloaded the plugin pack.

My problem is that the files are copied to the Effects folder, but they don't show up in PdN ?

Has anyone any advice ?

Follow these instructions: https://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

Hi

I forgot to tell that I'm running Win7-64bit (I don't know if that is an issue)

Anyway, regarding the problem then it's still the same - I suspect that the .dlls get blocked from running or something like that.

I'm not a computer-wiz, so I think i'll just forget about the plugins and get on with my life (I have been using your plugs under WinXp and were quite happy use them)

Ps. I've tried with other plugins and they too show up in the Effects folder, but not in PdN so the problem is not at your end !

Hi

I forgot to tell that I'm running Win7-64bit (I don't know if that is an issue)

Anyway, regarding the problem then it's still the same - I suspect that the .dlls get blocked from running or something like that.

I'm not a computer-wiz, so I think i'll just forget about the plugins and get on with my life (I have been using your plugs under WinXp and were quite happy use them)

Ps. I've tried with other plugins and they too show up in the Effects folder, but not in PdN so the problem is not at your end !

There is one more thing you can try. Go to your Effects directory and right-click on a DLL file. Choose "Properties..." and look at the "General" tab. If there is an "Unblock" button, click it and click "Apply".

post-44727-129986686747_thumb.jpg

There is one more thing you can try. Go to your Effects directory and right-click on a DLL file. Choose "Properties..." and look at the "General" tab. If there is an "Unblock" button, click it and click "Apply".

post-44727-129986686747_thumb.jpg

I have already tried this before posting my frustration, but it didn't help either ! - they simply refuses to show up at the party

Run this utility and see if it has any suggestions. If it doesn't, post a screenshot of your effects folder.

I've ran your utility, but it didn't find any problems !

I have also posted a screenshot of my Effects folder as you requested.

post-47101-129987965886_thumb.png

On 3/11/2011 at 2:39 PM, BoltBait said:

Yeah, that's no good.

Go back to this page: https://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

and run steps 5-7. THAT's where your effect DLL files should be located.

Hi

I just want to tell you that after I have copied the .dlls to the new folder (the right one !) then they finaly show up under the 'Effects' menu.

I now know what to do the next time I need to install one of many great plugins.

A great THANK YOU to you @BoltBait as well as @Simon Brown and @Sarkut

Ps. maybe you should add a "Win7 users: DO NOT copy the .dll into your x86 effects folder as PdN won't be able to find them" sentence to your first post in this thread.

That way you won't have to waste your time answering stupid questions like mine (I'll bet I'm not the only one inhere who foocks up eerrrmmmm mess up the installation !

Sorry for being a newbie, but is there a way to use the transparency plugin to fill or replace all white pixels or all pixels with some "less-than" or "greater-than" parameter, even if those are not a contiguous or shape-bounded group? Basically, I have a scan of my siganture in blue on a white background, and want to make the white background transparent to be able to use the resulting image as a signature "stamp" in electronic documents.

I suggest changing your blue-and-white image to black-and-white.

Then use it as an alpha mask applied to a blue-filled layer.

That should give you a blue signature on transparency with no trace of white.

Save as PNG.

This would involve using the Alpha Mask Import plugin by Illnab1024.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to end with the desired .png file. But now the end application problem .... The transparency works exactly as deisred when dropping into a Word document, but when I bring the .png into an Adobe Acrobat document, the "transparency" comes in as solid black and obscures the underlying text. Any ideas for overcoming that?

I downloaded pyrochild's plugin pack and put it in the effects folder, ect. But when I try to put boltbait's pack inside the effects folder this window keeps coming up:

2mnozlj.png

And when I try to unlock the files, I don't find the "Unlock" button.

ao03g1.png

Any advice to put other packs into the effects folder? :X