Sign in to follow this  
BoltBait

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

Major update to the plugin pack today.

Rick has let us plugin authors know that Paint.NET 4.0 will be much more restrictive on what we can use inside of Paint.NET when writing plugins. Many of my plugins would not run under such a restrictive system.

In preparation of 4.0*, I have rewritten all of my plugins removing anything that would not be allowed.**

I have asked Rick to block all of my old plugins in the next release of Paint.NET. This will force everyone who wants to continue using my plugins to download a new copy. You can be ahead of the curve by downloading now! Not only will you be ready when 4.0 ships, but you can enjoy some new features today.

New Features

"New features?" you say... yup. I added a strength slider to the Bevel Selection plugin. That should save you some time. I also added a few plugins that I've been using myself but never officially published.

True Feather is back!

Back by popular demand, True Feather. You begged, I relented.

Download

See the first post in this thread for the download link and the details of what is included.

Enjoy. :beer:

*(which, according to Rick, is still a long way away.)

**The main thing I lost was localization. I had been pulling localized text from inside Paint.NET for my own UI. If you run Paint.NET in English you won't miss a thing.

• Upvote 2

BoltBait, I copied all the new dll's into my Εffects folder and opted to "copy and replace", thinking that this will get rid of all the previous versions. To my surprise, I found three "Feather"s under Effects > Object.

I got rid of "Feather" v3.0 by deleting it and kept "ObjectFeather" v3.5 but I really do want to have the old "OldFeather" v2.3 too.

Is there an easy way to change how it appears in the menu so that one can easily distinguish it from the new one? Would you perhaps consider renaming it yourself to something like "Feather Old" or "Feather 2.3" and do us all a favour?

-----------

EER, this time, and this time only, you're excused.

But if you insist in redeeming yourself, you can start publishing the PDF index bundled with your "How to Install Plugins" guide. I'm sure all newbies will appreciate it.

Old Feather is EXACTLY the same algorithm as Feather v2.3 so you only need one of those.

If you still have the original release of Feather v2.3 on your system you should probably delete it. I had to make some very minor (but important) changes to make it work properly going forward (PdN 4.0).

Feather.dll is Object Feather v3.5

OldFeather.dll is Feather v2.3 (Otherwise known as "True Feather")

Any other dll you have with "feather" in the name can probably be removed.

SelectionTools.dll is Selection > Feather, Outline, Blur Edge, and Bevel.

OK, understood.

Maybe I didn't pay proper attention last time. Quite distinguishable "Feather" and "Old Feather" under Effects > Object.

Thank you clearing it up and making me check again.

Somehow the plugin pack I uploaded on Oct 30 had a bad plugin in it. The Object > Outline plugin was built without a color selector (so it was only able to draw a red outline). I only discovered the error last night when I went to use it.

Anyway, I changed the plugin in the pack to an older version that does allow the color of outline to be specified.

Sorry for the mistake.

Next time I update my pack I'll do a proper update to that plugin.

Thank you very much BoltBait. I thought I had a corrupted dll and made a mental note to download it again. Thank you for the fix/rollback.

Merry Christmas.

@Scr4p M3tal: This is not the correct place to ask. I see you have found the Paint.NET Discussion & Questions section of the forum. That's where questions that are not about specific plugins go.

Hello BoltBait, I wanted to thank you for this plug in. I have not used it yet but I'm sure it will be useful. I am new at this and I'm just learning how to use this. I do have a question though. I can't seem to find where to put the Rainbow Palette.txt file. I don't see where to put it in Documents.

Also, I followed your instructions and pasted all the dll files into the effects folder but when I open Paint.net, I don't see the new effects. I don't know how do "unblock" the dll's?

I am running Vista, if that helps. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

BTW, I am unemployed at the moment but when I get some work, I will be happy to donate for this :)

Thanking you in advance for your help,

Beehindblueyes

Palettes should be copied into the Documents / Paint.NET User Files / Palettes folder. If you do that they should show up automatically in the little menu in the Color Window (Color Window > More > Manage Color Palettes)

For some more on installing palettes: http://forums.getpai...post__p__235263

I am sorry to be a Pain but I am still having a problem installing this so it shows up in the Paint.net program.

• :ColorPalettes: I have also included an update to my Rainbow Palette. This has been updated for this release of my plugin pack. It includes more colors and a better organization in "reduced window mode".
    Copy the file Rainbow Palette.txt to your My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Palettes folder and you can select it in your color docker window.
:PlusButton:

I do not find anything from Paint.net in My Documents, the whole thing was installed and unzipped into C/program files/Paint.net. Can you tell me what to do from here? Everything is unzipped but it seems that they are not in the right places. According to your instructions, it says that it should be in c:|documents and settings, but I do not see a "documents and settings" folder.

I am usually pretty good with installing programs onto my computer but this one has me confused for some reason.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

BBE

Edited by BoltBait