How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

@Scr4p M3tal: This is not the correct place to ask. I see you have found the Paint.NET Discussion & Questions section of the forum. That's where questions that are not about specific plugins go.

Hello BoltBait, I wanted to thank you for this plug in. I have not used it yet but I'm sure it will be useful. I am new at this and I'm just learning how to use this. I do have a question though. I can't seem to find where to put the Rainbow Palette.txt file. I don't see where to put it in Documents.

Also, I followed your instructions and pasted all the dll files into the effects folder but when I open Paint.net, I don't see the new effects. I don't know how do "unblock" the dll's?

I am running Vista, if that helps. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

BTW, I am unemployed at the moment but when I get some work, I will be happy to donate for this :)

Thanking you in advance for your help,

Beehindblueyes

Hoverkitties.gif

Be the kind of Woman, who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, The Devil say's OH NO, SHE'S UP!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."...Anatole France

Palettes should be copied into the Documents / Paint.NET User Files / Palettes folder. If you do that they should show up automatically in the little menu in the Color Window (Color Window > More > Manage Color Palettes)

For some more on installing palettes: http://forums.getpai...post__p__235263

Please follow these instructions for installing plugins: http://www.boltbait....lingEffects.asp

Hi BB, Thanks for all your help and I followed the instructions in the above link, the new effects are in the effect folder but I can't find them in the Paint.net program when I open it to use. Any idea's?

Hoverkitties.gif

Be the kind of Woman, who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, The Devil say's OH NO, SHE'S UP!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."...Anatole France

I am sorry to be a Pain but I am still having a problem installing this so it shows up in the Paint.net program.

• :ColorPalettes: I have also included an update to my Rainbow Palette. This has been updated for this release of my plugin pack. It includes more colors and a better organization in "reduced window mode".
    Copy the file Rainbow Palette.txt to your My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Palettes folder and you can select it in your color docker window.
:PlusButton:

I do not find anything from Paint.net in My Documents, the whole thing was installed and unzipped into C/program files/Paint.net. Can you tell me what to do from here? Everything is unzipped but it seems that they are not in the right places. According to your instructions, it says that it should be in c:|documents and settings, but I do not see a "documents and settings" folder.

I am usually pretty good with installing programs onto my computer but this one has me confused for some reason.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

BBE

Edited by BoltBait

Hoverkitties.gif

Thanks for the plugin pack.

As a newbie I have come across more than one tutorial where your name and plugins comes up, now I have downloaded and will install at once.

And then return to tutorials, to see how to make good use of some of them.

I excuse for my bad english!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Check out the first post in this thread.

boltbait.pizza.png Thank You! Pizza for You! Can't wait to play with these!

I know this is the wrong place to ask...but for lack of trying to explain in another thread.

The above example - Selection > Bevel - How did you go about selecting the text?

My skills with the Magik Wand and Lasso have been weak at best...

Thank You !!!

boltbait.pizza.png Thank You! Pizza for You! Can't wait to play with these!

I know this is the wrong place to ask...but for lack of trying to explain in another thread.

The above example - Selection > Bevel - How did you go about selecting the text?

My skills with the Magik Wand and Lasso have been weak at best...

Thank You !!!

The best way to select the text is to:

1. Place your text on a new, blank layer

2. Select the magic wand tool

3. Shift-Click the blank area outside of the text

4. Press Ctrl-I to invert the selection

• 1 month later...

The plugin pack attached to the first post on this thread has an updated plugin pack that includes an older version of outline.dll that includes a colorwheel. Sorry for the confusion.

Download and install again and this time, make sure to overwrite all files in your Paint.NET effects folder with the ones included here.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for these plugins *o*

I really appreciate them a lot.

kh-9.png

Just as the light begins to fade to dark

The moaning wind sings songs to my forebodings

Am I alone with no one watching o'er

If I do fall will no one come to save me

~Ruined Hometown- Joelle

• 4 months later...

Nice work, but i cant get the object outline working...

EER summed it up nicely on another thread:

In Paint.NET discussions the term 'object' refers to an image element which is located on its own layer. In other words an Object is a collection of pixels on an otherwise transparent layer.

Some plugins require the rest of the layer to be transparent in order to manipulate the edges of an object. (Hint: find these plugins in the Effects | Object submenu)

Or, as it says on the initial post on this thread:

An "object" is a group of pixels on a layer that is completely surrounded by transparent pixels (or the edge(s) of the canvas). These are useful when doing "cutouts" or with text on a new layer.

• 1 month later...

Really great! Thank you.

But about the blur, is it possible to apply the blur on the photo to the alpha? black: no motion blur -> white: lots of blur.

I use 3D software that allows me to render grayscale mask distance (or altitude) [bryce 7 pro] ... It would be great to use the Gaussian Blur plug-in ...

This way but much faster.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12668-applied-distance-blur-using-alpha-masking/

The ideal is to choose the gray level that serves as focal alpha mask. Then apply the filter it removes transparency (with transparency adjustment)

Sorry for my bad english (thank you google translate)

• 9 months later...

Old Feather?Whats goin on with this?I had it for a long time.Then i downloaded some pack(from some girls site that does PDN tutorials on youtube)and its gone.So since then ive downloaded it several times right from here.I know what Im doing because all the other plugins work fine and what not.Just everytime I download Old Feather its never there.It is BY FAR the one tool i used more than any other.I cant get good clean edges without it.I gotta have it!And for some reason I have 3 feathers.It says feather  feather feather.I dont like any of them.But no old feather.Any ideas?