How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

No I didn't. I fixed it. Just use Selection > Feather if you want the same effect as old true feather.

I like the newer feather most of the time, but there are times when the true feather would be nice to have still.

Feather Selection doesn't replace true feather well, its not strong enough.

But overall thanks for the feather plugin, its been so helpful to me for ages now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been reported - I scanned the thread quickly but might have missed it. Anyway, outline selection seems to have a slight bug: when you apply it without anti-alias it leaves out part of the outline.

Example - both done on a round selection with a thickness of 7:

outlinebug.png

Other than that, I have to say these plugins are among the most useful. I couldn't live without bevel selection... thanks for making all these cool plugins.

This has been fixed in the plugin pack dated July 15, 2010.

See first post for the zip file.

Thanks for the bug report!

tried it. Just tried it again. Terrible. That was the best too. If someone out there has it, please pass it on to me. I'm glad I checked this out. I think I am going to have to stop using paintnet now.

Which is odd because, you wouldn't think one little insignificant thing like that would make a difference. Maybe I can find another way. Wow, this is lame.

Nevermind I guess, AA's assistant will do the trick. But come on guys. Don't over think these things and try to do too much and be too cool. Some things are left well enough alone.

Sorry, if I come off as an ahole or anything. I have been lurking and using the hell out of this thing for 2 years and love it to death. I know that doesn't make me a developer or anything.

I respect the work put in. Just, the change came as a shock I guess. Sorry. And if anyone does have the old feather, please pass it on.

The feather selection tool is leaving slightly blurry pixels around the edges still. I liked the old feather, but I guess I'll have to stick with AA's assistant now :(

featherselectionisterrible.png

I had to use feather selection multiple times just to get rid of the pixeled edges that all selections have, but it still left enough of the pixels to make an obvious pixelness

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 2 weeks later...

Great plugins! Suggestion though? The feather selection tool should be able to be set to a higher radius than 10. (Outward, not further inward) There are times, when creating a "misty" border on images, that I need a tool that can feather a selection well up into the 50's, gradually fading to transparency outward from the centre. Don't know if that's too difficult for you to do though. Might have to stick to PSP for that one. (Which is too bad, because Paint.Net nearly wooed me away from PSP entirely.)

"Nunc ego te educo ex tenebris."

• 2 weeks later...

Great plugins! Suggestion though? The feather selection tool should be able to be set to a higher radius than 10. (Outward, not further inward) There are times, when creating a "misty" border on images, that I need a tool that can feather a selection well up into the 50's, gradually fading to transparency outward from the centre. Don't know if that's too difficult for you to do though. Might have to stick to PSP for that one. (Which is too bad, because Paint.Net nearly wooed me away from PSP entirely.)

You can use object outline or drop shadow after the feather to grow the "misty border".

ndeee2.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your plug-ins, they look like they will be of a lot of help. Fiances are extremely thin, as I have spent a year just writing a book. So I would hope to donate something once I get back to normal next year -If you read books, I a will send an e-copy as a thank you, if you like. You can take a look at JacktheDog.us to see if it would be your type of thing. (I did a lot on paintNet fyi JacktheDog'at sign'JacktheDog.us is the email)

Thanks again!

Victor

BookCoverThumb2501.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/10/2011 at 1:41 PM, Painterman said:

Hi

I'm running version 3.5.8 of PdN and I have just downloaded the plugin pack.

My problem is that the files are copied to the Effects folder, but they don't show up in PdN ?

Has anyone any advice ?

Follow these instructions: https://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

Hi

I forgot to tell that I'm running Win7-64bit (I don't know if that is an issue)

Anyway, regarding the problem then it's still the same - I suspect that the .dlls get blocked from running or something like that.

I'm not a computer-wiz, so I think i'll just forget about the plugins and get on with my life (I have been using your plugs under WinXp and were quite happy use them)

Ps. I've tried with other plugins and they too show up in the Effects folder, but not in PdN so the problem is not at your end !

Hi

I forgot to tell that I'm running Win7-64bit (I don't know if that is an issue)

Anyway, regarding the problem then it's still the same - I suspect that the .dlls get blocked from running or something like that.

I'm not a computer-wiz, so I think i'll just forget about the plugins and get on with my life (I have been using your plugs under WinXp and were quite happy use them)

Ps. I've tried with other plugins and they too show up in the Effects folder, but not in PdN so the problem is not at your end !

There is one more thing you can try. Go to your Effects directory and right-click on a DLL file. Choose "Properties..." and look at the "General" tab. If there is an "Unblock" button, click it and click "Apply".

post-44727-129986686747_thumb.jpg