david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

Yup, oma, I have a lot of catching up to do. My standards have been shattered! :O Looking back on what I made before, it all seems novice at best!

Anyway, Icey, yeah... Simplicity's grass is a debacle really. I did try to make the grass smaller farther away, but I didn't really bring it out enough. The effect is there, but it's far too minuscule to be noticed. :/ The roof was made with Shape3D, it's a cube on it's side, in fact, I couldn't get it to match the way I wanted, so I had to do each ceiling "wall" by itself. You can only see two, so I only bothered making two.

As for the woodgrain on the table, there have been a few tutorials on the subject... The "meat and potatoes" of it can be boiled down to two simple steps.

th_woodgrain.jpg

Naturally, you'd want brown instead of black, but that's the idea anyway.

---

More of my "realistic" art is on my dA. Here are some highlights. :D

Laptop

My semi-famous drumkit from so long ago.

It's a PS2 controller!

A cigarette. Looking at it isn't bad for your health though.

It's a bug. >_>

All 100% PdN, of course... But really these are so old and there have been so many improvements... I'm no longer sure if that's an accomplishment anymore. ;)

Yup, oma, I have a lot of catching up to do. My standards have been shattered! :O Looking back on what I made before, it all seems novice at best!

Anyway, Icey, yeah... Simplicity's grass is a debacle really. I did try to make the grass smaller farther away, but I didn't really bring it out enough. The effect is there, but it's far too minuscule to be noticed. :/ The roof was made with Shape3D, it's a cube on it's side, in fact, I couldn't get it to match the way I wanted, so I had to do each ceiling "wall" by itself. You can only see two, so I only bothered making two.

As for the woodgrain on the table, there have been a few tutorials on the subject... The "meat and potatoes" of it can be boiled down to two simple steps.

th_woodgrain.jpg

Naturally, you'd want brown instead of black, but that's the idea anyway.

---

More of my "realistic" art is on my dA. Here are some highlights. :D

Laptop

My semi-famous drumkit from so long ago.

It's a PS2 controller!

A cigarette. Looking at it isn't bad for your health though.

It's a bug. >_>

All 100% PdN, of course... But really these are so old and there have been so many improvements... I'm no longer sure if that's an accomplishment anymore. ;)

ohh, thx wither, thts wwhat i kinda thought but i didnt really belive it xD

and oma, thts really good :O i really cant figure out how u do most of ur work, makes me feel novice at best xO, the only thing tht kinda bothers me with candle stick is tht its kind of hard to distinguish the actual shape of it on the middle, i can tell the ribbon shape but the other stuff kinda confuses me :S

anyways, seeing as every1 liked yellowmans flower thingy i decided to try make 1, i used the wood thing u said ;D im rather pleased with the result, iknow i made a couple mistakes but its flattened so its too l8 too fix it ;P lol

also seeing as u werent so pleased with ur grass i thought maybe id do a simpler grass so u just did the wood thing again and just distorted it a bit to make it look a lil better

flowersmallsi0.png

ohh, thx wither, thts wwhat i kinda thought but i didnt really belive it xD

and oma, thts really good :O i really cant figure out how u do most of ur work, makes me feel novice at best xO, the only thing tht kinda bothers me with candle stick is tht its kind of hard to distinguish the actual shape of it on the middle, i can tell the ribbon shape but the other stuff kinda confuses me :S

anyways, seeing as every1 liked yellowmans flower thingy i decided to try make 1, i used the wood thing u said ;D im rather pleased with the result, iknow i made a couple mistakes but its flattened so its too l8 too fix it ;P lol

also seeing as u werent so pleased with ur grass i thought maybe id do a simpler grass so u just did the wood thing again and just distorted it a bit to make it look a lil better

flowersmallsi0.png

very good job ÷lcey÷ I love it.It is so hot, :idea: to get more realistic images you have to know how to play with the lighting and shadowing ,correct the reflection of the vase on the tables surface ,it should be mirrored %100 to the down no left or right angle, :idea: the vase body and leaves have sharp edges but the flowers not if you could make the flowers sharper will add some depth to the drawing with the blur background you already did. :shock: but anyways its great piece,thanks

very good job ÷lcey÷ I love it.It is so hot, :idea: to get more realistic images you have to know how to play with the lighting and shadowing ,correct the reflection of the vase on the tables surface ,it should be mirrored %100 to the down no left or right angle, :idea: the vase body and leaves have sharp edges but the flowers not if you could make the flowers sharper will add some depth to the drawing with the blur background you already did. :shock: but anyways its great piece,thanks

agree that cd is very well done. i've just looked at that tut and its one I'm going to try as well. I have a feeling this one can be further manipulated into a fantastic abstract.

and yellowman that sig is one of the nicest I've seen. I never seem to be able to acheive such great reflections. and I like how you've rotated it.

ciao

agree that cd is very well done. i've just looked at that tut and its one I'm going to try as well. I have a feeling this one can be further manipulated into a fantastic abstract.

and yellowman that sig is one of the nicest I've seen. I never seem to be able to acheive such great reflections. and I like how you've rotated it.

ciao

@AmadeusX, nice idea, and good execution. Edges need to be fixed, heres how:

Feather is a solution to fix :AntiAliasingOff: edges, but it doesn't give perfect :AntiAliasingOn: edges due to the way it works (blurs the edges of the object only). The best way to fix :AntiAliasingOff: edges, it to not create them in the first place. Thats where Alpha Mask comes in. Learn alpha masking, and your :AntiAliasingOff: edges should vanish, as long as you create a mask where needed.

Here's a couple of links:

• [*:29yrnpv9]
http://cmdsketchpad.com/tutorial.php?tutid=2
[*:29yrnpv9]http://cmdsketchpad.com/tutorial.php?tutid=3

;)

@AmadeusX, nice idea, and good execution. Edges need to be fixed, heres how:

Feather is a solution to fix :AntiAliasingOff: edges, but it doesn't give perfect :AntiAliasingOn: edges due to the way it works (blurs the edges of the object only). The best way to fix :AntiAliasingOff: edges, it to not create them in the first place. Thats where Alpha Mask comes in. Learn alpha masking, and your :AntiAliasingOff: edges should vanish, as long as you create a mask where needed.

Here's a couple of links:

• [*:29yrnpv9]
http://cmdsketchpad.com/tutorial.php?tutid=2
[*:29yrnpv9]http://cmdsketchpad.com/tutorial.php?tutid=3

;)