Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

corekelley and oma and all here thank you for your comments,this is a simple tutorial on how to make the vase that's in daisy ,

its same method for all vases and similar shapes, I hope it will be easy and clear:

1-The skins texture of the vase:

th_texture.jpg

2-How to render the basic body of the vase using the "Shape3D" plug-in:

th_body3D.jpg

3-The additions and the completions:

th_render.jpg

:arrow: And you welcome I am glad to share my ideas with you.

:arrow: Sorry this tut should be somewhere else but not here, I will try to move it in another location soon to keep the forum in good shape.

Wow. Just wow. We're all stepping it up, aren't we? Haha.

These are reposts, but as far as I remember, I haven't posted them in this thread. I don't think I have anyway. >_>

Icey's fish caught my eye and reminded me of these. One thing, Icey, the scales on most fish face the other direction. It seems funny that the direction the scales are facing is opposite. Also, that Pepsi can looks great. I can see you going places with S3D.

th_fishy.png

haha. If you look up in the corner, you can actually see where I forgot to erase the rear table leg.

basicfishtank.jpg

th_zomgpaperbag.jpg

th_mailbox.jpg

th_welcometosimplicity.jpg

In all honesty, I'm not that pleased with this. (The clouds are just awful, for instance. Also, the simulated depth didn't work out so well, since I didn't make enough of a variation in the grass size... I could go on, but you can see for yourself.) But it was a massive project, the full-size being so massive that I had to work on it in portions. If I tried to do it at once with all the required layers, my computer would probably start asking around for hired assassins.

lol wither, im pretty new to paint.net so i make a lot of ameture mistakes xD, i rlly nvr noticed i had the scales facing the wron way >.<

and on ur fish it looks like u used shape 3d for the fins, well just to help a bit, i drew the shape for mine freehand after taking a reg picture of the 'lines' then doing a rotate zoom on it to make it fit better, then do the jitter on the end with a gaussian blur makes it seem more beat up on the ends, then i use the wave plug in to manke it look more like its flowing in the water xP

i messed up a lot on the pepsi can too, ppl just dont notice to much i guess, the top part tht curves in to the metal is all black cuz i forgot to color it xD and the bottom part tht curves i shudve turned it so it wud shine upwards... ._.

and well i drew this, FlapjackSmall.png

and for ur table i really like the texture, how u did it? :O

and i like ur grass wen u drew it but i think it goes to much into a pattern, was tht from the realistic grass tut? it looks like it wud take 4ever

and i think the grass shud get smaller as it gets farther away so it wud show depth a bit, the house looks gr8, the top looks like s3d but theres no triangle :O loL

Wow. Just wow. We're all stepping it up, aren't we? Haha.

These are reposts, but as far as I remember, I haven't posted them in this thread. I don't think I have anyway. >_>

Icey's fish caught my eye and reminded me of these. One thing, Icey, the scales on most fish face the other direction. It seems funny that the direction the scales are facing is opposite. Also, that Pepsi can looks great. I can see you going places with S3D.

th_fishy.png

haha. If you look up in the corner, you can actually see where I forgot to erase the rear table leg.

basicfishtank.jpg

th_zomgpaperbag.jpg

th_mailbox.jpg

th_welcometosimplicity.jpg

In all honesty, I'm not that pleased with this. (The clouds are just awful, for instance. Also, the simulated depth didn't work out so well, since I didn't make enough of a variation in the grass size... I could go on, but you can see for yourself.) But it was a massive project, the full-size being so massive that I had to work on it in portions. If I tried to do it at once with all the required layers, my computer would probably start asking around for hired assassins.

lol wither, im pretty new to paint.net so i make a lot of ameture mistakes xD, i rlly nvr noticed i had the scales facing the wron way >.<

and on ur fish it looks like u used shape 3d for the fins, well just to help a bit, i drew the shape for mine freehand after taking a reg picture of the 'lines' then doing a rotate zoom on it to make it fit better, then do the jitter on the end with a gaussian blur makes it seem more beat up on the ends, then i use the wave plug in to manke it look more like its flowing in the water xP

i messed up a lot on the pepsi can too, ppl just dont notice to much i guess, the top part tht curves in to the metal is all black cuz i forgot to color it xD and the bottom part tht curves i shudve turned it so it wud shine upwards... ._.

and well i drew this, FlapjackSmall.png

and for ur table i really like the texture, how u did it? :O

and i like ur grass wen u drew it but i think it goes to much into a pattern, was tht from the realistic grass tut? it looks like it wud take 4ever

and i think the grass shud get smaller as it gets farther away so it wud show depth a bit, the house looks gr8, the top looks like s3d but theres no triangle :O loL

Yup, oma, I have a lot of catching up to do. My standards have been shattered! :O Looking back on what I made before, it all seems novice at best!

Anyway, Icey, yeah... Simplicity's grass is a debacle really. I did try to make the grass smaller farther away, but I didn't really bring it out enough. The effect is there, but it's far too minuscule to be noticed. :/ The roof was made with Shape3D, it's a cube on it's side, in fact, I couldn't get it to match the way I wanted, so I had to do each ceiling "wall" by itself. You can only see two, so I only bothered making two.

As for the woodgrain on the table, there have been a few tutorials on the subject... The "meat and potatoes" of it can be boiled down to two simple steps.

th_woodgrain.jpg

Naturally, you'd want brown instead of black, but that's the idea anyway.

---

More of my "realistic" art is on my dA. Here are some highlights. :D

Laptop

My semi-famous drumkit from so long ago.

It's a PS2 controller!

A cigarette. Looking at it isn't bad for your health though.

It's a bug. >_>

All 100% PdN, of course... But really these are so old and there have been so many improvements... I'm no longer sure if that's an accomplishment anymore. ;)

Yup, oma, I have a lot of catching up to do. My standards have been shattered! :O Looking back on what I made before, it all seems novice at best!

Anyway, Icey, yeah... Simplicity's grass is a debacle really. I did try to make the grass smaller farther away, but I didn't really bring it out enough. The effect is there, but it's far too minuscule to be noticed. :/ The roof was made with Shape3D, it's a cube on it's side, in fact, I couldn't get it to match the way I wanted, so I had to do each ceiling "wall" by itself. You can only see two, so I only bothered making two.

As for the woodgrain on the table, there have been a few tutorials on the subject... The "meat and potatoes" of it can be boiled down to two simple steps.

th_woodgrain.jpg

Naturally, you'd want brown instead of black, but that's the idea anyway.

---

More of my "realistic" art is on my dA. Here are some highlights. :D

Laptop

My semi-famous drumkit from so long ago.

It's a PS2 controller!

A cigarette. Looking at it isn't bad for your health though.

It's a bug. >_>

All 100% PdN, of course... But really these are so old and there have been so many improvements... I'm no longer sure if that's an accomplishment anymore. ;)

ohh, thx wither, thts wwhat i kinda thought but i didnt really belive it xD

and oma, thts really good :O i really cant figure out how u do most of ur work, makes me feel novice at best xO, the only thing tht kinda bothers me with candle stick is tht its kind of hard to distinguish the actual shape of it on the middle, i can tell the ribbon shape but the other stuff kinda confuses me :S

anyways, seeing as every1 liked yellowmans flower thingy i decided to try make 1, i used the wood thing u said ;D im rather pleased with the result, iknow i made a couple mistakes but its flattened so its too l8 too fix it ;P lol

also seeing as u werent so pleased with ur grass i thought maybe id do a simpler grass so u just did the wood thing again and just distorted it a bit to make it look a lil better

flowersmallsi0.png

ohh, thx wither, thts wwhat i kinda thought but i didnt really belive it xD

and oma, thts really good :O i really cant figure out how u do most of ur work, makes me feel novice at best xO, the only thing tht kinda bothers me with candle stick is tht its kind of hard to distinguish the actual shape of it on the middle, i can tell the ribbon shape but the other stuff kinda confuses me :S

anyways, seeing as every1 liked yellowmans flower thingy i decided to try make 1, i used the wood thing u said ;D im rather pleased with the result, iknow i made a couple mistakes but its flattened so its too l8 too fix it ;P lol

also seeing as u werent so pleased with ur grass i thought maybe id do a simpler grass so u just did the wood thing again and just distorted it a bit to make it look a lil better

flowersmallsi0.png

very good job ÷lcey÷ I love it.It is so hot, :idea: to get more realistic images you have to know how to play with the lighting and shadowing ,correct the reflection of the vase on the tables surface ,it should be mirrored %100 to the down no left or right angle, :idea: the vase body and leaves have sharp edges but the flowers not if you could make the flowers sharper will add some depth to the drawing with the blur background you already did. :shock: but anyways its great piece,thanks

very good job ÷lcey÷ I love it.It is so hot, :idea: to get more realistic images you have to know how to play with the lighting and shadowing ,correct the reflection of the vase on the tables surface ,it should be mirrored %100 to the down no left or right angle, :idea: the vase body and leaves have sharp edges but the flowers not if you could make the flowers sharper will add some depth to the drawing with the blur background you already did. :shock: but anyways its great piece,thanks

agree that cd is very well done. i've just looked at that tut and its one I'm going to try as well. I have a feeling this one can be further manipulated into a fantastic abstract.

and yellowman that sig is one of the nicest I've seen. I never seem to be able to acheive such great reflections. and I like how you've rotated it.

ciao

agree that cd is very well done. i've just looked at that tut and its one I'm going to try as well. I have a feeling this one can be further manipulated into a fantastic abstract.

and yellowman that sig is one of the nicest I've seen. I never seem to be able to acheive such great reflections. and I like how you've rotated it.

ciao